Indian Special Forces

airborneCommando

Country flag
"They had to carry out a ‘challenge protocol’, an inherently dangerous task that involves calling out
to the other.

‘This was a face-on moving contact at very close range,’ recalls a warrior who was part of the operation. ‘As soon as they were challenged, the terrorists opened fire in our squad’s direction. We returned fire. Capt. Mehra
was hit by a ricocheting bullet. In the darkness it wasn’t clear how serious the injury was.’

Do we still follow such SOPs
Yes, also funfact- US waale in iraq called this as call-outs, followed throughout OIF. Heard about their version of it on a mike glover podcast.

Spadex

Country flag
I thought they are infantry at First glance but NO.

SF with 3 decade old PVS 7 NVGs, it' a infantry equipment in indian army and already retired from rest of the modern world. Don't know what it's doing with our best of the best.

They may be one of the airborne units that concerted in special forces which explain the new FT Tabor and old infantry equipments

Man it's sad

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

SF with 3 decade old PVS 7 NVGs, it' a infantry equipment in indian army and already retired from rest of the modern world. Don't know what it's doing with our best of the best.

They may be one of the airborne units that concerted in special forces which explain the new FT Tabor and old infantry equipments

Man it's sad
Even my optimistic ass has lost all hope I ever had it's all going downwards

airborneCommando

Country flag

Man it's sad
Any ID on the weapon mounted thermal optic at 0:25 ?

Delta Squad

Country flag

Man it's sad
Not trying to defend or anything, but recently Tata and MKU are making these bi-ocular design NVGs with latest Gen III technology.... So, are you sure that's the 3 decades old one... or just similar design
I mean I mainly see Paras with monoculars, it's atleast better than that...

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Not trying to defend or anything, but recently Tata and MKU are making these bi-ocular design NVGs with latest Gen III technology.... So, are you sure that's the 3 decades old one... or just similar design
I mean I mainly see Paras with monoculars, it's atleast better than that...
those pvs 14s monoculars are leaps and bounds better than that piece of shit pvs7. We always criticise the pvs14s you you might think they are bad, but really are not that bad, our argument is our sf deserve better modern equipment. The pvs14 by its own is a very capable device.
And yes those nods in the video are not the new TATA made binods, they are 100% old gen pvs7s.

kaboom

Country flag

Man it's sad
those thrash IOF 9mm being used by SF ... its just sad

Delta Squad

Country flag
those pvs 14s monoculars are leaps and bounds better than that piece of shit pvs7. We always criticise the pvs14s you you might think they are bad, but really are not that bad, our argument is our sf deserve better modern equipment. The pvs14 by its own is a very capable device.
And yes those nods in the video are not the new TATA made binods, they are 100% old gen pvs7s.
Na, I am not talking about technology part, I am talking of the more biological impact. One general problem I came upon when I was going through some papers on NVG is that in monocular, there could be some issue with vision, or mainly image processing in the brain, mainly due to one eye is seeing the night vision image and second eye is looking in the dark.
In that respect, when both eyes watch the same image, it gives better visual performance. What's your take in this?

JConline

Country flag
Na, I am not talking about technology part, I am talking of the more biological impact. One general problem I came upon when I was going through some papers on NVG is that in monocular, there could be some issue with vision, or mainly image processing in the brain, as one eye is seeing the night vision image and second eye is looking in the dark.
In that respect, when both eyes watch the same image, it gives better visual performance. What's your take in this?
In a PVS7 you aren't looking at 2 different images. You are just looking at the same image in both eyes. It severely reduces your depth perception and can be confusing for the motor senses of the body.

Delta Squad

Country flag
In a PVS7 you aren't looking at 2 different images. You are just looking at the same image in both eyes. It severely reduces your depth perception and can be confusing for the motor senses of the body.
That's what I am saying... I was not comparing a PVS 14 with PVS 7, but a general monocular with a similar bi-ocular or bi-nocular. If a bi-ocular can effect the depth perception, a monocular will definitely do it

abingdonboy

Country flag
Btw I know instances of similar operations on Mizo Camps done in 1970 by a regular infantry battalion. Ghataks were doing such raids, along with paras in 2000 (in one raid 7 Pakis were dragged across LoC).

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR knows of several raids done by Ghataks in which three times as many pakis were killed.

Surgical strikes done in 2016 are just a basic search and destroy operation which is perfectly executed. There was no high value target to be eliminated there.
The most depressing part is Indian soldiers genuinely are some of the toughest on the planet, getting dropped in the middle of the night into knee deep snow to go hunt some goat fkers is unimaginable to 99.9999999999999% of the population of the world and if you put an Indian operator in any top unit in the west they would be rockstars, the word no or give up isn’t even the lexicon, jugaad works both ways- adapt and overcome is in the DNA of the Indian soldier, give them the right training and equipment and they will be unstoppable

instead what does Indian leadership do? Lead them to the slaughter. I cannot get past the image of those para boys laying in the dirt without even getting a shot off, utterly criminal.

COAS should’ve resigned when those images emerged, MoD should’ve relieved the CO of that AOR

what lessons have actually been learnt from their sacrifice? How much blood is enough for the system to do something? Legislators have convoys that have to have ALS ambulances follow them around 24*7, the Indian soldier bleeds out alone in his own homeland fighting Taliban wannabes. What society tolerates this?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The most depressing part is Indian soldiers genuinely are some of the toughest on the planet, getting dropped in the middle of the night into knee deep snow to go hunt some goat fkers is unimaginable to 99.9999999999999% of the population of the world and if you put an Indian operator in any top unit in the west they would be rockstars, the word no or give up isn’t even the lexicon, jugaad works both ways- adapt and overcome is in the DNA of the Indian soldier, give them the right training and equipment and they will be unstoppable

instead what does Indian leadership do? Lead them to the slaughter. I cannot get past the image of those para boys laying in the dirt without even getting a shot off, utterly criminal.

COAS should’ve resigned when those images emerged, MoD should’ve relieved the CO of that AOR

what lessons have actually been learnt from their sacrifice? How much blood is enough for the system to do something? Legislators have convoys that have to have ALS ambulances follow them around 24*7, the Indian soldier bleeds out alone in his own homeland fighting Taliban wannabes. What society tolerates this?
I wont agree on the rockstar part.

In sf mental part is as much important as the physical part and thats what makes them better than infantry.

And i am not too sure of them being mental rockstars in any sf of the world

Spadex

Country flag
Have personally seen them they are is bharat electronics limited 2+ gen bi ocular only. Here's a picture from their website
E3qEjgoUUAAWT3C.jpg

"mean I mainly see Paras with monoculars, it's atleast better than that..."

Yes PVS 7 in Special forces was a common sight around 8-9 yrs ago but they have replaced it with monocular since that's why I think that they are (from the shared tweet )airborne units who recently converted into special forces for rs 17,300

Here a picture of 6 para (airborne ) now converted into special forces with pvs 7
Ezj1ISxVoAAgoqz.jpg

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Here's a 5 yr old picture of frontline infantry with pvs 7. Sad to see that "special forces" deployed on the frontline have them View attachment 210243
Hey I remember when some dudes confused it for dual tube NODs
Everyone was beating their Dhindhora saying regulars are getting these gear LoL