India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdumdum

Country flag
Mood and approval ratings must be real low if he had to visit Leh for that.
Seriously? You guys will criticize everything he does won't you? If he does not visit you will call him a coward and not worthy of being a leader. When he visits this? And you expect him to take bold decisions when he knows this is the kind of people he has to handle ..Sheesh

Sanglamorre

Country flag
In Tamil nadu there are monazite rich sands. Monazite is the ore that contains Thorium, an important element that can be transmuted into U-233 in an appropriately designed nuclear reactor. This sand is smuggled to countries that have their own Thorium reactor programs like US and China.

We have a Thorium program, but it was stopped by MMS after the nuclear deal was signed. So we actually have the highest easily accessible Thorium reserves in the world, but we don't use them thanks to lack of technology and political will. We will keep importing phoren reactors and uranium from Canada to fuel them, while other countries get rich off of our natural resources.
Ah, I see.

Thorium should be a strategic resource but we're just squandering it.

ladder

Country flag
Ah and you are as modern as your musings.... a babu to the core...
Sir you have a long way to go. He first made me a 'babu' then an IPS. Then, for him I became a 'mamu'. Currently I am a ITBP promotee cadre officer.
With the exception for yesterday, when I was a SSB jawan? Or Officer? Sitting in Indo-Bhutan boundary. 😆
Tommorow, Duggal sahib Home Guard banenge....
Aaj phir Duggal sahib babu bane hein....😊

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
We need to think big to achieve big. Who would not like to see the Chinese wetting their pants.

The Chinese economy has reached a plateau and they can never replicate 10% plus growth again. Their population is ageing. India has the youngest population profile. India will continue to grow at 8% or even plus 10% over the next 2 decades. Our growing GDP will generate enough resources to meet our military plans.

The additional Strike Corps will need 5 to 10 years to fructify. In this time period our indigenous weapons like the Pralay, Pinaka mk3, Astra mk2, successor to the Nirbhay Cruise missile etc. will mature and be ready. So it may turn out that most of the equipment for the second Strike Corps is produced in the country.

Only if we plan today can we better meet the challenges of tomorrow. Do we want a Galwan Valley Part2 10 years from now. Or a Pangsong Tso Part2. The Chinese can be trusted to take advantage of any weakness on our side.

I think both the Politicians and the Bureaucracy have been unpleasantly surprised by the latest Chinese misadventure. It was never expected by them. They would even be highly alarmed. So I do not expect any tough resistance as long as resources are available.

The T90 tank weighing a minimum of 50 tonnes was airlifted by the C17 to Ladakh. I am talking about a similar operation to airlift the ATAGS. Not by using helicopters. The Chinook cannot lift the ATAGS as is well known.
Bhai Sahab . We need to carry those ATAGS to north sikkim, to Asaphila, Longju to Nelang, Niti . Mana .. everywhre there is no air strip....

Now about our economic growth .. It is immaterial whether India will grow at 10% or not but what is sure is that MoD Babus. OFB. DPSU babus and every peon there will grow by 100 per cent annually.

Kumata

Country flag
What you are missing is the production process and capacity creation. Like HAL cannot deliver 30 examples in a year with 40 order, similarly here.

And why didn't Coast Guard accept early delivery from L&T shipyard for both 90T patrol boat and OPV?
Well..Agree it takes time but once it is set, they should be able to produce at fast pace. Unlike Jets, Don't think we have to rely on foreign help for even making these as well... I mean what kind of advance tech we are talking of here ....

And in bold, i have no clues apologies...

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Seriously? You guys will criticize everything he does won't you? If he does not visit you will call him a coward and not worthy of being a leader. When he visits this? And you expect him to take bold decisions when he knows this is the kind of people he has to handle ..Sheesh
Okay, let's be real here. Did I criticise him for anything else? 370, Bifurcation of JK, Balakote, anything?

This handling of China has been disastrous from the start, at multiple levels. PM was indeed playing for popularity and damage control with his statements on it. This is just an extension.

Banning 59 apps and barring Chinese from govt tenders is nonetheless a start, but nowhere near enough.

Actually, I'll ask you this. What purpose does his visit serve at this point except trying to shore his popularity? Did anyone clamour for his visit? Did anyone even think that this needs to be done? Hell, did anyone call him a coward for not visiting?

garg_bharat

Country flag
Okay, let's be real here. Did I criticise him for anything else? 370, Bifurcation of JK, Balakote, anything?

This handling of China has been disastrous from the start, at multiple levels. PM was indeed playing for popularity and damage control with his statements on it. This is just an extension.

Banning 59 apps and barring Chinese from govt tenders is nonetheless a start, but nowhere near enough.

Actually, I'll ask you this. What purpose does his visit serve at this point except trying to shore his popularity? Did anyone clamour for his visit? Did anyone even think that this needs to be done? Hell, did anyone call him a coward for not visiting?
Why are you so agitated.
Why are you unnecessarily judging PM.

Let him see conditions on the ground.
Personal touch is very important in traditional society like ours.

dumdumdum

Country flag

Other than you saying so ..there is no evidence of him playing for popularity. If he was he would have been on TV everyday issuing statements of bravado, making tall claims and driving up people's passions. Actually he has done the opposite. He has risked being called a coward, a sellout (as many on this forum have done) while making multiple calibrated moves..

His visit is a clear message to world and international community that India is not going to bow down. I am sure there is going to be tremendous pressure diplomatically on him to disengage ...this is one way of him sending out a message that ..that is not going to happen

Sometimes we need to start realizing that we are not the only oracles of intelligence and strategic thinking. There are people sitting out there who are fairly qualified. Yes they might be slow or may go wrong once in a while, but by and large they have done right by the nation.

Kumata

Country flag
What purpose does his visit serve at this point except trying to shore his popularity? Did anyone clamour for his visit? Did anyone even think that this needs to be done? Hell, did anyone call him a coward for not visiting?
Everything is not done for popularity ..and certainly his rating are not bad specially when u have a certain RAGA in opposition.... At times, such gestures are symbolic but send out a string signal to enemy and boost up the morale of Army....

Not everything u do in life is for benefit ...u do few things to make people happy as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles