India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I agree and I regret that we have as a country been absolutely stupid while dealing with the reality of China. That UPA was stupid and reckless about national security considerations is well known but the truth is that Modi has even less of an excuse . The Chinese made it clear with the very first meeting when with Xi in India being serenaded by Modi, Chinese troops were doing what they always have been. If that wasn’t a message, I don’t know what is. Modi and co. haven’t learnt from history. Bravado is not enough if you don’t have the muscle to back it up.

The economy wasn’t great for Modi but even a simple rupee or two cess on fuel specifically aimed at improving military preparedness would have gone a long way. The fact is that the Chinese have most of the cards and they know it. Our leaders have failed us and continue to fail us. We can at best hope for the Chinese to withdraw somewhat and we will then be shown that as some great victory while just waiting for the next incursion. Doklam taught us nothing, we are in no better state now after that and with the stress on our economy, we won’t be doing anything the next few years. We are in a tough spot and no amount of lipstick on that pig will make a difference.
if modi and co have not learnt any lessons, then how come BRO is building so many roads and bridges along LAC? how come additional tank battalions are deployed? How come there were plans to create new mountain brigades in NE?

you don’t think so.

mokoman

Country flag
Chinese economy is barely 2.5 times higher than India .
They can only put limited equipment in tibet. Terrain doesn't permit heavy deployment. Where are they going to put their tanks ! On Mountain cliffs??

BTW we have more tanks than them .

Their supply lines are 1500+ long. Our cruise missile will destroy those lines where will chines supply come then??

Read the geography of tibet.
Cruise missiles can take out bridges but rail lines and roads ? . Also they can still supply by air .

We wont be pushed over buts still gonna be a bloody fight.

ladder

Country flag
Ha ha .. indian government will not sanction any budget to acqure boat.. it's even very hard to get budget for mountain gear for army. .. normal politician thinks what is the use of boats and navy on mountains..

Again a sweeping statement. We already have speed boats. We need larger speed boats to match the Chinese inventory as they might have updated their holdings.

Skyh3ck

As an indian I feel.. we Indians are very much emotional and want to win war by courage and death only...

It concern a lot seeing presense of all Chinese armed forces like army, navy, air force... It seems indian side is always late on everything

ninja hattori

Country flag
I agree and I regret that we have as a country been absolutely stupid while dealing with the reality of China. That UPA was stupid and reckless about national security considerations is well known but the truth is that Modi has even less of an excuse . The Chinese made it clear with the very first meeting when with Xi in India being serenaded by Modi, Chinese troops were doing what they always have been. If that wasn’t a message, I don’t know what is. Modi and co. haven’t learnt from history. Bravado is not enough if you don’t have the muscle to back it up.

The economy wasn’t great for Modi but even a simple rupee or two cess on fuel specifically aimed at improving military preparedness would have gone a long way. The fact is that the Chinese have most of the cards and they know it. Our leaders have failed us and continue to fail us. We can at best hope for the Chinese to withdraw somewhat and we will then be shown that as some great victory while just waiting for the next incursion. Doklam taught us nothing, we are in no better state now after that and with the stress on our economy, we won’t be doing anything the next few years. We are in a tough spot and no amount of lipstick on that pig will make a difference.

ohh.. then why we were having an exercise last year with just weeks to go for mamallapuram meet in eastern ladakh?
tables have turned,
Modi didnt let Xi use PLA as bargain chip on his Ahmedabad tour,
if u would have followed news that very day, talks were delayed for many hour xi was made to wait and was categorically informed remove boots from our soil if u want to talk.
we should not generalise.

and modi is PM now,
he is been dealing with china since he was CM of Gujarat officially,
and long before that being RSS pracharak

Last edited:

cereal killer

Country flag
Bro, battle of longewala was a ill planned attack by pakistan and there tanks got stuck in sand, this has quite much to do with dumb and wishfull paki leadership and a bit of luck as we got IAF support which scored direct hits on stuck paki tanks, it doesn't happen every time, there were some very close and fiercely fought battles against same pakistani soldiers.
Major chandpuri has to take a decision, we were ill equipped to face paki mechanised infantry, so we either had to flee on foot which meant pakis will easily catch and slaughter the retreating us or use our defensive advantage and try and kill as many as possible as reinforcements were many hours away.
Iaf was able to direct one aircraft to bust paki tanks and this was the game changer.
Its a glorious battle but shouldn't be considered a standard.
We shouldn't underestimate PLA specially when they have a slight advantage in weapons.
Dude while your points are right but here we are facing Chinkies not porkies. I think Porki army man to man is better competition than Chinki army. You should also have a look at Rezang la battle which was again fought under tremendous odds. One of the baddest last stands in history.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Bro, battle of longewala was a ill planned attack by pakistan and there tanks got stuck in sand, this has quite much to do with dumb and wishfull paki leadership and a bit of luck as we got IAF support which scored direct hits on stuck paki tanks, it doesn't happen every time, there were some very close and fiercely fought battles against same pakistani soldiers.
Major chandpuri has to take a decision, we were ill equipped to face paki mechanised infantry, so we either had to flee on foot which meant pakis will easily catch and slaughter the retreating us or use our defensive advantage and try and kill as many as possible as reinforcements were many hours away.
Iaf was able to direct one aircraft to bust paki tanks and this was the game changer.
Its a glorious battle but shouldn't be considered a standard.
We shouldn't underestimate PLA specially when they have a slight advantage in weapons.
I am not saying to take Battle of Longewala or any such miracles as template. My limited point was our aim is to defend our turf, not to invade and cut China into pieces. Invading forces always have to be ready for improbable. Everything is 20/20 in hindsight, and decisions taken in nick of time and under pressure looks like stupid mistakes or good/bad luck.

cereal killer

Country flag
Cruise missiles can take out bridges but rail lines and roads ? . Also they can still supply by air .

Chinese indeed are a threat. They do have a quantity wise edge on us & a strong economy let's face it. It is basically a mystery whether their indigenous missiles & other copycat MBRLs may actually work or not in case of a combat. I am actually relying on Indian Army's courage than anything else. We do have a huge force. It will be bloody for sure. Indians have an appetite for war but Chinese don't. Vietnam proved it.

Kumata

Country flag
It is basically a mystery whether their indigenous missiles & other copycat MBRLs may actually work or not in case of a combat.
Thats the advantage we have. What ever we have is battle tested and ready and we know it works...so quantity doesn't mean they are better...In all our wars with porkis, they always had better equipoment than us but still we banged them...

Indrajit

Country flag
if modi and co have not learnt any lessons, then how come BRO is building so many roads and bridges along LAC? how come additional tank battalions are deployed? How come there were plans to create new mountain brigades in NE?

you don’t think so.
You are correct, so let me rephrase. We have not prepared in capital acquisitions anywhere near adequately except in making emergency procurement. We should have backed our road building, not all done by this government, with enough muscle to prepare for exactly this type of contingency. There, I submit, we have failed. The UPA too made some acquisitions and that has helped but we both would agree that they didn’t do anywhere near enough. My criticism is not political, it’s just regret. Nor am I saying that we needed some expensive foreign toys but when we have seen the circus with artillery when we have had some very good stuff available locally, we can’t just pretend that we have done anywhere near well.
Nor is this criticism of mine new, I have been fairly consistent on this.

mokoman

Country flag
You are correct, so let me rephrase. We have not prepared in capital acquisitions anywhere near adequately except in making emergency procurement. We should have backed our road building, not all done by this government, with enough muscle to prepare for exactly this type of contingency. There, I submit, we have failed. The UPA too made some acquisitions and that has helped but we both would agree that they didn’t do anywhere near enough. My criticism is not political, it’s just regret. Nor am I saying that we needed some expensive foreign toys but when we have seen the circus with artillery when we have had some very good stuff available locally, we can’t just pretend that we have done anywhere near well.
Nor is this criticism of mine new, I have been fairly consistent on this.
No money , No political will . And when shit hits the fan emergency procurement at exorbitant costs.

Tridev123

Country flag
Chinese economy is barely 2.5 times higher than India .
They can only put limited equipment in tibet. Terrain doesn't permit heavy deployment. Where are they going to put their tanks ! On Mountain cliffs??

BTW we have more tanks than them .

Their supply lines are 1500+ long. Our cruise missile will destroy those lines where will chines supply come then??

Read the geography of tibet.
We are on the same page. I would love to hear about Chinese constraints and limitations. It is a fact that military publications which list out each country's
weapons numbers give China an overwhelming lead over India in most weapon
categories.

But it is 200% true that they cannot move all of their inventory into Tibet to face
India. We need to take advantage of their weaknesses.

I know we can give them a very bloody nose. Please continue the good work of listing our strengths and the drawbacks of the PLA. By no means are the Chinese
invincible.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
what is needed there are good, ramming boats. Boats that can give and take ramming, irrespective of the speed.

Because that’s what is going to happen next.
Boat Ramming.. sword fights are next... since fist fights are not enough.. Warfare is getting medieval on India China border..:pound:

abhay rajput

Country flag

As famous person once said war is logistics. And the thing is that we are nearly at parity with them in terms of cruise missiles. Ballistic missile aren't accurate enough to cause much damage but the sheer numbers Chinese have they don't need to worry about accuracy at all. Nobody knows how many ballistic missiles we have but surely I believe we are outnumbered by 4/5:1 in this case. Moreover air power will decide the result of conflict if it happens. In that case they are pretty good but we are also quite good. They outnumber us in 1.5:1 in air. Not to mention geopolitics is b*tch. Perhaps a conflict is a good thing with China . Maybe it's an opportunity 🙄

Kumata

Country flag
We are on the same page. I would love to hear about Chinese constraints and limitations. It is a fact that military publications which list out each country's
weapons numbers give China an overwhelming lead over India in most weapon
categories
Basics of war -

It's not machines but humans who fight it. Chinese army have no appetite for war and that's proven more than once beyond doubt. Yes, they do have high numbers but none of them is battle proven. Tibet plateu is not a easy place for chinese soldiers. They are like mad dog right now... they can bark but one needs a courage to bite... and thats our advantage... we dont bark... we bite them straightway...

Over a period of time, a perception have been build that india do not like to fight and it was strongly embedded by khangress and its eco system in global worlds mind... their actions too toed that line.. .. but there is a change with combo of modi/ shah / doval ... its imp that cheenis understand this.

I dont see an all out war with china , for stakes are too high but cheenis must be shown their place and that's what doklam did ... and that will happen in Leh as well...

cereal killer

Country flag
Chinese are maintaining silence that means something is up for sure. I guess planning has started from Indian side. Chinese are not the border to play ludo. Turning out to be a long waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles