India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARREN SS

Country flag
I have To Clear Some Misconception Here About things on ground

1. We Don't had Any Structure At F4 Pre April Are Post was on F3 ITBP & IA
  2. Chinese Built Road And Camps at F4 in 1999 to 2004 Did More construction 2008
  3. LAC agreement Itself Don't Define LAC but Let The Parties have there Own Claims
  4. We Claim Entire F1 to F8 CCP claims upto Finger 2

Maps

View attachment 51781

CCP Claim lines on lac

View attachment 51782
Read the arguments and the counter arguments. As I said, time will tell.

defc0n

Country flag
True If there is such a plan, GoI has not given indication as such so far either.

hence finding alternative means like the app ban, Chinese FDI scrutiny etc.

we also have to remember that even with all the FoE, of all the stupid debates we see on TV & SM no one “credible” is making a full argument in favour of breaking past agreements with CCP. I mean proper detailed arguments & counter arguments with pros & cons, not a jazbaati statement.

IIRC, after the GV clash, there was an uproar that none of the past agreements holds true any further and India won't adhere to any of them. It included army personnel being unarmed near LAC & stuff. Not sure if it got implemented and if at all, to what extent.

defc0n

Country flag
Welcome to DFI
read My Post
Thank you.

Point 4 - We Claim Entire F1 to F8. As per our claim, PLA cannot be sitting between F4 & F8. I know and agree that the construction and stuff is not recent, but it remains our claimed territory all the same.
What I mentioned was, I am not in favour of saying that they didn't encroach coz they did. It is like giving them license to sit in the place coz they "claim F2 to F8". What he meant was it is not recent, but the language used was misleading. I hope you understood my point.

WARREN SS

Country flag
but it remains our claimed territory all the same.
Read Point 3
LAC agreement Itself Don't Define LAC but Let The Parties have there Own Claims

So Techically We claim All Askai chin And Chinese Ladakh Did either Parties Hold it Physically

Problem is With LAC agreement Credit Goes to this Gem :dude::dude:

1594117301102.png

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
IIRC, after the GV clash, there was an uproar that none of the past agreements holds true any further and India won't adhere to any of them. It included army personnel being unarmed near LAC & stuff. Not sure if it got implemented and if at all, to what extent.
like I said, diplomacy cannot be based on an uproar which follows an incident.

Everything that a government does is a result of years of study of pros & cons of a move, and are based on some sort of research paper from within govt or some think tank.

most of them are war gamed much in advance.

I am not a believer in tit for tat responses. if there is a plan, it would have been hinted to public long time back. I am just saying, i haven’t come across such a plan as of now.

mokoman

Country flag
Read Point 3
LAC agreement Itself Don't Define LAC but Let The Parties have there Own Claims

So Techically We claim All Askai chin And Chinese Ladakh Did Hold Physically

Problem is With LAC agreement Credit Goes this Gem :dude::dude:

View attachment 52234
:dude: Nehru seemed more interested in playing the role of a global statesman socialite rather than leader of India.

Idiot gave away UN veto seat to China to "reduce international tension" between China and US .

Then there is that stupid useless Non-Aligned Movement with a bunch of beggar nations.

Thinking our global stature , diplomacy and "Forward Policy" will prevent the Chinese from attacking us . No wonder the guy died of shock 2 years after 1962.

WARREN SS

Country flag
:dude: Nehru seemed more interested in playing the role of a global statesman socialite rather than leader of India.

Idiot gave away UN veto seat to China to "reduce international tension" between China and US .

Then there is that stupid useless Non-Aligned Movement with a bunch of beggar nations.

Thinking our global stature , diplomacy and "Forward Policy" will prevent the Chinese from attacking us . No wonder the guy died of shock 2 years after 1962.
Let's Cut him some Slack

CCP Regime Itself Don't want settle Border Dispute Because It Will Be losing A Leverage to contain Indian rise
To their Dominance in the region

We have Live With it Like Pakistan Now Treating LAC Presently as De-facto Border .

Kalki2020

Country flag
Ideally Tibet as a buffer would be great but that window of opportunity is long gone we had the chance in 1950's but we had Nehru & his bunch of clowns, now any such attempt will lead to MAD (mutually assured destruction). Even Taiwan's ROC will not give away Tibet if it comes to power after CCP falls. Frankly next Dalai lama will make sure CCP's get what it wants from Tibet. CCP is the root of all problems here.
Not gone..... Trust me history is in making... Just wait for 5-7 yrs
MAD couldn't save fall of USSR...

Let me tell few things to draw a parallel between China & Russia-

USSR was great military might, far far stronger than what china is today but was without economy & on the other side China is greater economy with lot of clout but militarily not a power to reckon with, on top of it it is ruled by CCP with its nefarious agenda. Point is they are not complete power like US, china's ambition will remain in paper of becoming superpower until they don't build a unmatchable military & keep growing economically.
Post-Wuhan spread China finding it hard to maintain its economic prowess, anti china sentiment is all time high accross the globe, adversaries forming alliances with only one objective. So where all this leads to... In my reading to same point, fate of USSR....

A caveat- If India maintains good economic growth, put it's house in order, keep building military, be at fore on geopolitical issues, I don't see any reason for why India can't wreck havoc on China without firing a shot. What happened in Galwan had happened in bit larger scale with 700-800 casualties of PLA bats, that would have set things in motion, enough to create turmoil in CCP & China.
What do you feel why they didn't attempt to avenge Galwan & rather chose to underplay?

mokoman

Country flag
Let's Cut him some Slack

CCP Regime Itself Don't want settle Border Dispute Because It Will Be losing A Leverage to contain Indian rise
To their Dominance in the region

We have Live With it Like Pakistan Now Treating LAC Presently as De-facto Border .
:hmm: They wanted a land swap , we should have taken it . Turning the LAC into international border means more freedom to act against Pakistan , take back POK .

It not like we will take back Aksai Chin now , place is a waste land . Its of no importantance to us and of great value to them .

WARREN SS

Country flag
:hmm: They wanted a land swap , we should have taken it . Turning the LAC into international border means more freedom to act against Pakistan , take back POK .

It not like we will take back Aksai Chin now , place is a waste land . Its of no importantance to us and of great value to them .
GB Important We Need Take GB at all Cost in future
Even POK is not that important than GB

BangaliBabu

Country flag
Taiwan account for 60 percent of the global semiconductor production.

:hmm: This is of immense strategic value .

US will never allow all of it to fall into Chinese hands.
ASML will immediately stop supplying their machines to Taiwan if anything close to that happens. TSMC is the only one in Asia as of now after Intel (most probably, I might not be wholly correct) that has worked extremely hard and put immense faith in their domestic semiconductor capabilities. They already know the nitty-gritty of 7nm while Samsung is still catching up with their very best at 10-12 nm. Nikon and other Jap industries are already out. China is still in the micron stage of mass manufacturing of chips (tech embargo, obviously). India is nowhere in the scene except for some exotic labs making custom-made semis. Future is for Samsung, SK, when they're finally ready with the 7nm plant using ASML tech.

mokoman

Country flag
ASML will immediately stop supplying their machines to Taiwan if anything close to that happens. TSMC is the only one in Asia as of now after Intel (most probably, I might not be wholly correct) that has worked extremely hard and put immense faith in their domestic semiconductor capabilities. They already know the nitty-gritty of 7nm while Samsung is still catching up with their very best at 10-12 nm. Nikon and other Jap industries are already out. China is still in the micron stage of mass manufacturing of chips (tech embargo, obviously). India is nowhere in the scene except for some exotic labs making custom-made semis. Future is for Samsung, SK, when they're finally ready with the 7nm plant using ASML tech.
India is nowhere in the scene except for some exotic labs making custom-made semis.

:hmm:
There are 2 or 3 companies making consumer level ddr2,ddr3 memories .

Don't know what nm they are .

They claim to be "made in India" so I think they may have foundaries here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles