India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
This happened during operation vijaya kargil war .. we were busy . Removed forces from pangtso . Chinese took advantage nd made 5km metaled road .
That is no excuse, that is a lapse from our part. We should have destroyed the road/captured F4. But Vajpayee govt. was high on Ahimsa.
Even after that, roads mean nothing unless they are defending the territory. We patrolled upon their metal roads. But now we cannot, because they positioned troops there,

Sanglamorre

Country flag
We Will When it required
Military is war ready
So the loss of access to land we could hitherto access isn't enough for military to intervene, I see.

Other countries call it capture of territory. If the great government of India doesn't consider that a ground for military to use lathi, I'm left wondering what do they consider enough?

Perhaps a terrorist attack right before elections that threatens the PM's election?

Or maybe if Chinese decide to go after our precious Cabinet members?

Suhaan

Country flag
Accha, I understand. You're saying our claims are just words and not actual intent to capture. So Shah's words were just claims to signal domestic audience, and not expression of intent to reunite those lands with the Union of India. That argument makes sense. Since Chinese have been sitting there for six decades, so The talk of Aksai Chin is just basically... Wind.
Ye tu Amit Shah se hi jake puchle,tu manayga nahi Aksai Hind azad karva ke hi chodega

ladder

Country flag
Again as I said, our previous govts. lacked willpower. Congress is a Chinese lapdog. You expect them to act?
Small nitpicking, you meant 1999, isn't it?
And a question, it was MMS govt. which changed ( 2006?) the decades old policy of not building border roads along LAC, why?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Ye tu Amit Shah se hi jake puchle,tu manayga nahi Aksai Hind azad karva ke hi chodega
Yes, I agree. We all need to ask this question to our GoI, Home Minister, Prime Minister and everyone who comes to ask for our votes again.

WARREN SS

Country flag
So the loss of access to land we could hitherto access isn't enough for military to intervene, I see.

Other countries call it capture of territory. If the great government of India doesn't consider that a ground for military to use lathi, I'm left wondering what do they consider enough?

Perhaps a terrorist attack right before elections that threatens the PM's election?

Or maybe if Chinese decide to go after our precious Cabinet members?
Read LAC agreement

That Itself gives them

Escape Root

ladder

Country flag
Yes, I agree. We all need to ask this question to our GoI, Home Minister, Prime Minister and everyone who comes to ask for our votes again.
If Chinese haven't exchanged recent maps how are we so sure that their claim line is F4? Can you answer?

Tuco

Country flag
Long range cruise missile .... already discussed in drdo thread
And the pinaka must be guided one as the tender for he explosive for pinaka guided is issued...
The astra for navy is for vlsam ..tender for. low altitude proximity fuse alredy issued..........
Astra for VLSAM not BVR ? that doesn't make sense in the current scenario. Right now we are need more BVR's?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
If Chinese haven't exchanged recent maps how are we so sure that their claim line is F4? Can you answer?
I haven't talked about Chinese claim lines anywhere. For all I know their claim lines extend till Kolkata China town because centuries ago some Chinese settled there.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Does It Change There Tactical Advantage in those areas

How Did they Construct road on Finger 4 Pass in 1999 then ???

They build Structures on Finger 4 in 1999

I Mean If It Was Our Why We Didn't Stop them there
Does It Change There Tactical Advantage in those areas
Yes, now they have a clear view of our side of Pangong Tso lake, they can observe our troop movements, our patrol pattern in Pangong Tso, also keep an eye upon our dock/jetty.
In wartime, they can direct accurate artillery fire on our side of Pangong Tso lake.

How Did they Construct road on Finger 4 Pass in 1999 then ???
They build Structures on Finger 4 in 1999
Again as I said, generic structures like road and civilian huts mean nothing. After 1999, we could have marched into F4 and set up camps, and F4 would have been ours because it was not defended by Chinese. Now Chinese are not only defending it, but also put Chinese flag + symbols and military camps, asserting their control.

I Mean If It Was Our Why We Didn't Stop them there
Due to the Kargil war. Later due to govt. negligence.

What is done, is done. No point on lamenting what was captured/taken previously. My point was why are we repeating this mistake again this time? Why do we lack resolve to defend our territory?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Read LAC agreement

That Itself gives them

Escape Root
You just said jiski lathi uski bhais now you're talking about treaty.

Treaties mean nothing in front of lathi. Who ever wins in lathi sets terms of treaty.

ladder

Country flag
I haven't talked about Chinese claim lines anywhere. For all I know their claim lines extend till Kolkata China town because centuries ago some Chinese settled there.
Because that is important. Otherwise you won't understand why they constructed permanent and semi permanent structure at F6 and F4. But then your prerogative.

BTW their claim can extend upto Kerala due to presence of Chinese fishing nets.😊

Tuco

Country flag
Astra for iaf is for bvraam ...astra for navy is may be vlsam......as mig29 is not integrated with astra
I meant in the current scenario,we should have ordered Astra in 100's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles