India-China Border conflict

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Tell me one thing you fellas, since we getting new sig 716 repeat orders
So , how will they be divided among the army ?
Plus since battalions move to peace locations ones in a while, how will the new fellas going to the border manage ?
Will they also learn how to handle sigs
Its all so confusing

Angel of War

Country flag
Plus since battalions move to peace locations ones in a while, how will the new fellas going to the border manage ?
Its all so confusing
So at the moment we have 340 regular infantry , 50 mechanised infantry , 65 RR and 46 AR battalions for a total of 501 battalions. Multiple media houses have reported that two rifle companies in each battalion will get Sig716 regardless of their location . So , since each company has 120-124 men we will consider that there will be 100 sig rifles for each of the two companies for a total of 200 in the battalion. So 200*501 = 100,200 rifles. In the previous order army had got 66,400 sig 716 rifles. But I don't have any idea about where the other 39,000 rifles will go.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Country flag
Perhaps you could provide some source to back your claim ?
This was said by Chinese FM before the clashes.. A lot similar language & actions as well. Also Sikkim was not yet part of India back then just a Bhutan of sorts.

“The Chinese Government must tell the Indian Government in all seriousness: You must draw lessons from your past experience, stop provocative activities along the China-Sikkim border and cease all your calumnies against China, otherwise you are bound to eat the bitter fruits of your own making,” said a note handed over by China’s foreign ministry to the Indian embassy in Beijing on April 11, 1967.

“The Chinese Government sternly warns the Indian Government: the Chinese Border Defence Troops are closely watching the development of the situation along the China-Sikkim boundary. Should the Indian troops continue to make provocative intrusions, the Indian Government must be held responsible for all the grave consequences.”

Angel of War

Country flag
This was said by Chinese FM before the clashes.. A lot similar language & actions as well. Also Sikkim was not yet part of India back then just a Bhutan of sorts.

“The Chinese Government must tell the Indian Government in all seriousness: You must draw lessons from your past experience, stop provocative activities along the China-Sikkim border and cease all your calumnies against China, otherwise you are bound to eat the bitter fruits of your own making,” said a note handed over by China’s foreign ministry to the Indian embassy in Beijing on April 11, 1967.

“The Chinese Government sternly warns the Indian Government: the Chinese Border Defence Troops are closely watching the development of the situation along the China-Sikkim boundary. Should the Indian troops continue to make provocative intrusions, the Indian Government must be held responsible for all the grave consequences.”
None of these prove that sikkim was going to merge with india in 1967.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Sikkim became part of India in 1975 .
Actually contrary to opinion here , 1975 was time when emergency was proclaimed.
Plus indira gandhi feared the CIA most, more than China or Pakistan.
Basically, indian intelligence was priemd to hunt for cia fellows in and around india.
King of sikkim married with a hope cook niece of American ambassador to iran .
This was a big big read flag, and indira gandhi wanted to raise her popularity domestically whuch was on wane after 1971 .
Hence india supported pro democracy
Kazini leh dhup and kazini eliza maria were such leaders .
Basically we supported majority nepali against ruling bhutia king tenzing namgyl, constitutional amendment of August 1974 rendered teh king a nominal head , and a referendum was held in 14 April, 1975 .
Ofcourse manipulated .

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Its all so confusing
Whatever it is, all I know is that our Troops need those SiG-716 in large numbers. Especially troops which are serving on the frontline at LAC with China and LOC with Pakistan. Till AK-203s Manufactured in India begin to get delivered to Indian Army, SiG-716 should act as a stop Gap.

IMG_9511.jpg
SiG-716-rifle-with-night-sight-Indian-Army.jpg

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
insas rifle and old helmets ?
Yep, unfortunately. I think new MKU helmet orders are already in place, so probably will be replaced in 1-2 years, INSAS also around the same timeline I think.

MSC, which is meant to take the fight into Tibet, has men with INSAS, no bpj jackets, a few gen old helmets.
BPJ jackets are provided to all troops, they are not wearing them currently. Also, troops will have other equipment, ie., mortars, Carl Gustav, comm. equipment etc. which will be already loaded into the planes prior to them embarking.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Sikkim became part of India in 1975 .
Actually contrary to opinion here , 1975 was time when emergency was proclaimed.
Plus indira gandhi feared the CIA most, more than China or Pakistan.
Basically, indian intelligence was priemd to hunt for cia fellows in and around india.
King of sikkim married with a hope cook niece of American ambassador to iran .
This was a big big read flag, and indira gandhi wanted to raise her popularity domestically whuch was on wane after 1971 .
Hence india supported pro democracy
Kazini leh dhup and kazini eliza maria were such leaders .
Basically we supported majority nepali against ruling bhutia king tenzing namgyl, constitutional amendment of August 1974 rendered teh king a nominal head , and a referendum was held in 14 April, 1975 .
Ofcourse manipulated .
There was absolutely no proof that chiense were upto any mischief back then

Angel of War

Country flag
BPJ jackets are provided to all troops, they are not wearing them currently. Also, troops will have other equipment, ie., mortars, Carl Gustav, comm. equipment etc. which will be already loaded into the planes prior to them embarking.
BPJs hamper mobility alot , plus soldiers on LAC have to carry out long range patrols , in such a situation BPJs become very cumbersome for troops

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Yep, unfortunately. I think new MKU helmet orders are already in place, so probably will be replaced in 1-2 years, INSAS also around the same timeline I think.

Nope, not all troops are provided with bpj, it maybe on paper but unfortunately doesn't resemble reality, some units just have the flc and no plates, but most such units are in reserve formations

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Angel of War

Country flag
What is the policy on LAC regarding landmines or IEDs?
I think I can answer that . We don't actively mine the LAC at any location in peacetime. But post 2020 We have started laying anti tank minefields in depth areas which can used as ingress routes for PLA armour , but we aren't planting them right at the forward areas . The first time we started mining the LAC was somewhere in 2001 .

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
I think I can answer that . We don't actively mine the LAC at any location in peacetime. But post 2020 We have started laying anti tank minefields in depth areas which can used as ingress routes for PLA armour , but we aren't planting them right at the forward areas . The first time we started mining the LAC was somewhere in 2001 .
So the SFF trooper who was KIA on 30th AUG, lost his life because of pla mines or IA mines?

Super Flanker

Banned
What is the policy on LAC regarding landmines or IEDs?

This is From United Nations, and In a presidential statement (S/PRST/2021/8) issued by Viet Nam’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, he Called for End to Indiscriminate Use of Improvised Explosive Devices. I think so that this might apply to us as well. I heard that we lost lot of troops in mine Explosions. I think so that the army will distance itself from mine usage as much as possible.

Super Flanker

Banned
So the SFF trooper who was KIA on 30th AUG, lost his life because of pla mines or IA mines?
It was a Chinese mine. Read this "COPYPASTE"

"He died in the line of duty on 29th August night during an operation near the Blacktop peak around the South Bank of Pangong when he stepped on an old anti-personnel mine which was put by Chinese PLA around 1962’, revealed a source"

He here refers to Nyima Tenzin. The SFF trooper who died.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles