India-China Border conflict

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Angel of War

Country flag

Plus I have totaled the number of battalions acc to wiki, it comes around 400
Total number of infantry battalions is 400. Nowhere does it say that there 400 regular battalions . If you add up mechanised infantry then it adds upto 400

Waanar

Country flag
defensive posture = giving the enemy an incentive to attack .
Not if executed properly.
What kind of retards see well entrenched enemies on top of a hilltop from the bottom of a hilltop and say "oh yes, this is our chance"?

I'm a firm believer that casualty ratio and not terrain should be the goal in case of a non nuclear full scale conventional war.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Our posture should be defensive. By that, I don't mean no offensive maneuvers.
I merely mean to say that any large concentration of troops should be in defensive roles.
Sneaky small teams can harass and hit any chink in the armor (see what I did :wink: ) but any large force attacking China (in it's current state) will get annihilated without air superiority.
Defence is stronger than Offense, As a general rule of thumb, attacking forces have to be at least three times stronger than defending forces. A defensive force will have Advantages as compared to an offensive force because it will have better logistics and also will have the home field advantage.

I had written a Post on this thread about why to counter Chinese Airforce, India needs to focus more on Development and deployment of various air defense systems.
Buk_MB_z.jpg
800px-2P25_VS_2.jpg

Angel of War

Country flag
Not if executed properly.
What kind of retards see well entrenched enemies on top of a hilltop from the bottom of a hilltop and say "oh yes, this is our chance"?
We did the same mistake of entrenching all our forces in 62 and we paid the price . The chinese outmaneuvered us and we didn't have any mobile force to counter attack them
I had posted an account a few weeks ago about this on the simulation thread . Here it is -
PLA's plan for isolating indian troops between Tawang and bomdila . It goes as follows - Smashing the head - Sela
snapping at the waist - senge
Disecting the belly - Dirang
Cutting the tail - bomdila
The concept of operations was to: advance along multiple axes, envelope (outflank) Se La and Bomdila, and reduce these subsequently. The plan was as follows:

55 Infantry Division (comprising three infantry regiments and three artillery regiments) was to advance along Axis Tawang – Se La and launch the main attack against Se la. The division was given the task of ‘smashing the head’.
Simultaneously, 419 Tibetan Division (three infantry regiments) was to advance from the West, through the narrow corridor between Se La and India-Bhutan border, to assist in the capture of Se La from the South and capture Dirang Dzong in concert with troops of 11 Infantry Division advancing from the East. This was aimed at ‘dissecting the belly’.
Four companies of SMS were to carry out an outflanking move from the East and position themselves North of Dirang Dzong along the road to Se La; their task being to ‘snap at the waist’.
In coordination with the attack against Se La, 157 Infantry Regiment ex 419 Tibetan Division was to carry out a further outflanking move (from the West) to capture Senge Dzong (South of Se La and North of Dirang) and link-up with four infantry companies of SMS which were carrying out a similar outflanking move from the East, in order to cut-off the Road Se La – Dirang completely.
11 Infantry Division (comprising two infantry regiments) was to carry-out a wide outflanking move along route Rho – Tse La – Poshing La – Thembang and cut-off Road Dirang Dzong – Bomdi La(cutting-off the tail). Thereafter, in concert with 1 or 2 infantry regiments of 419 Tibetan Division, to capture Dirang Dzong, and develop further operations for capture of Bomdi La.
164 Infantry Regiment ex 55 Infantry Division was to act as reserve and was tasked to clear the road axis to Bomdi La.
Sketch4.gif
sketch-5.jpg

Do you see what maneuvering forces can do to a well entrenched enemy , no one attacks head against head .
I'm a firm believer that casualty ratio and not terrain should be the goal in case of a non nuclear full scale conventional war.
Without capturing enemy's land you can't even have the sligthest hope of winning a war .

cereal killer

Country flag
None of these prove that sikkim was going to merge with india in 1967.
Of course they won't totally give that idea initially... But Chinese knew. What were Indian forces doing in Nathula & Cho LA otherwise?? Common sense dude. Indian army doesn't guards Bhutan's boders now.. Do they? Only instance is when China decided to change the status quo in Doklam & we stopped that.

The Shrike

Country flag
Does this level of personal equipment for MSC look good/acceptable?
US should allocate the the reported $500M defence aid package to some additional Sigs, optics, helmet/plate carriers and some BNDVs/comtacs for SF. That will convert most DFI members from US haters to globo homo empire lovers lol.

Angel of War

Country flag
Of course they won't totally give that idea initially... But Chinese knew. What were Indian forces doing in Nathula & Cho LA otherwise?? Common sense dude. Indian army doesn't guards Bhutan's boders now.. Do they? Only instance is when China decided to change the status quo in Doklam & we stopped that.
Sikkim was an indian protectorate that's why we had troops there . But there is simply no proof that sikkim was becoming a part of india in 1967 as you claim .

Country flag

India doubles down on opposition to China’s second bridge across Pangong Lake

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I wonder how an inexperienced chinese army will perform in mountain warfare??
Fighting from low ground to high ground.
Acclimatization and rough training
Like we did in kargil although we were previously very experienced but they can do it as they have no shortage of resources

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
US should allocate the the reported $500M defence aid package to some additional Sigs, optics, helmet/plate carriers and some BNDVs/comtacs for SF. That will convert most DFI members from US haters to globo homo empire lovers lol.
Yeah instead of small nos of helis or drones or some equipments
They can provide a good sf modernization package it will definitely help in increasing our sf efficiency

Angel of War

Country flag
I wonder how an inexperienced chinese army will perform in mountain warfare??
Fighting from low ground to high ground.
Tibet and xinjiang are their permanent bases, these regions are cold and are at high altitudes but the terrain differs a lot from ladakh. So they could face some difficulties in adjusting to the mountainous and steep terrain of eastern Ladakh because tibet and xinjiang are flat and also they won't be getting much armour support as they have got in their exercises on the plateau . So they could have a hard time fighting as a light infantry force , I am assuming this because most of PLA exercises in tibet involve armour infantry coordination which is not possible on the same scale in eastern ladakh

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

India doubles down on opposition to China’s second bridge across Pangong Lake
Point is last time they cam with light tanks
With new bridge next time they will come with heavy(might be wrong)

Country flag
Acclimatization and rough training
Like we did in kargil although we were previously very experienced but they can do it as they have no shortage of resources
who did their resources help them in the cold weather???? The training of their soldiers will
come into question ? Mountain warfare is probably the toughest warfare. Chinese are not
tough no matter how good their economy is, their genetics does now make them good
mountain warriors.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles