India-China Border conflict

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
I wonder how an inexperienced chinese army will perform in mountain warfare??
I researched a lot about this through "OPEN SOURCE" and a lot of news articles are pointing that PLA is actually inferior to IA in High altitude Warfare.

According to this "SOURCE" a Chinese Military expert has said that Indian Army has the world's largest and most experienced plateau and mountain troops.

Here is "Link"

Coming to high altitude Warfare than we have a training center called the High Altitude Warfare School which iss a defence service training and research establishment of the Indian Army.

Indian_Army_-_High_Altitude_Warfare_School_(_HAWS).jpg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-01-06-at-10.17.11-AM.jpeg

Soliders from countries like US, UK, Germany, Russia etc come here for Training so if IA is giving high altitude Warfare training to soldiers of world class armies than we are definitely superior it PLA in this regard.

Last edited:

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
who did their resources help them in the cold weather???? The training of their soldiers will
come into question ? Mountain warfare is probably the toughest warfare. Chinese are not
tough no matter how good their economy is, their genetics does now make them good
mountain warriors.
I think this genetics factor should be kept away
All u need in a war is training, required equipments, logistics and air power
I don't think they lack in any
For cold weather they need clothing and adjusting with environment which they have

Super Flanker

Banned
ZTZ 99 is not exactly a light tank . PLA had deployed it in ladakh last year
ZTZ-99 is also known as Type 99. It's a Chinese MBT which was meant as a replacement for aging Type 88 which was 1st Introduced in 1988.

FUN FACT : This tank was China's 1st mass-produced 3rd-generation MBT. Combining modular composite armour and tandem-charge defeating ERA, 125 mm smoothbore gun with ATGM-capability, high mobility, digital systems and optics.

ZTZ-99A_tank_front_right_20170902.jpg

Personal OPINION : When I 1st saw the design of this Tank, it looked a lot like the T-90 with a mix of T-14 Armata in it.

Angel of War

Country flag
I have written I might be wrong as my idea is low
But large no of heavy tank compared to present standoff can be expected I suppose again I might be wrong
This bridge is meant to switch forces from north bank to south bank without going around the 150km loop . So it's not no.of tanks which will increase but rather the 'concentration' of tanks which could increase on a particular bank whenever they want.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I researched a lot about this through "OPEN SOURCE" and a lot of news articles are pointing that PLA is actually inferior to IA in High altitude Warfare.

According to this "SOURCE" a Chinese Military expert has said that Indian Army has the world's largest and most experienced plateau and mountain troops.

Here is "Link"

Coming to high altitude Warfare than we have some called the High Altitude Warfare School which iss a defence service training and research establishment of the Indian Army.

View attachment 156841View attachment 156842

Soliders from countries like US, UK, Germany, Russia etc come here for Training so if IA is giving high altitude Warfare training to soldiers of world class armies than we are definitely superior it PLA in this regard.
I personally think u just need a conflict or a war to train your soldiers to your enemy standards ans sometimes above it
Yeah IA is best but PLA is not too far with other factors they can give us a tough challenge

Super Flanker

Banned
I personally think u just need a conflict or a war to train your soldiers to your enemy standards ans sometimes above it
Yeah IA is best but PLA is not too far with other factors they can give us a tough challenge
War is not something which happens on a recurring basis my friend so what you say cannot be done.

To prepare a soldier for war, you need to give him/her a good amount of training (i.e how to operate various guns {AR, Sniper, Pistol etc). Also how to survive in Harsh environments. For example take Siachen in India.

Also the soldier fighting the war should be Well motivated too. Soldiers from all countries like US, UK, Russia, India, China do this.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
War is not something which happens on a recurring basis my friend so what you say cannot be done.

To prepare a soldier for war, you need to give him/her a good amount of training (i.e how to operate various guns {AR, Sniper, Pistol etc). Also how to survive in Harsh environments. For example take Siachen in India.

Also the soldier fighting the war should be Well motivated too. Soldiers from all countries like US, UK, Russia, India, China do this.
I don't think PLA lags in any of your above points

Super Flanker

Banned
I don't think PLA lags in any of your above points
IA has gained a lot of combat experience in fighting wars against Pakistan (1947/1948,1965,1971,1999).

Indian army has fought against China in 1962 and also in the Nathu La and Cho La clashes of 1967. We have more war experience as compared to PLA.

Also lot of open sources say that China lacks against India in High altitude Warfare. (I posted a detailed post about this. Here is Link)

Super Flanker

Banned
not much clarity in that answer.
Look up on "OPEN SOURCES" and you will find lots of articles and news what claims that PLA is inferior as compared to IA in High altitude Warfare.

Also is it true that most of the soldiers serving in PLA are younger as compared to soldiers in IA?

Super Flanker

Banned
May not be but also maybe?
Bcoz I personally believe they never fight a war until they are not sure of victory or complete supremacy (which is impossible I think of them)
When you say "They" than Whom are you referring to here? Chinese army or Indian Army?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles