India-China Border conflict

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Talks too much and too big. Rest I would not want to discuss his career and personality on a public forum
Hmm he doesn't seem that talkative to me. Sure from his participation in panels it may seem like that but then so did our present COAS though it doesn't mean he is also too talkative. Too big is also really an overstatement. I haven't seen him say anything that's ridiculous or outright laughable. The guy is a former COAS with multiple combat deployment experience so I think he knows what he is talking about.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Hmm he doesn't seem that talkative to me. Sure from his participation in panels it may seem like that but then so did our present COAS though it doesn't mean he is also too talkative. Too big is also really an overstatement. I haven't seen him say anything that's ridiculous or outright laughable. The guy is a former COAS with multiple combat deployment experience so I think he knows what he is talking about.
The support arm statement was more than outrageous for me

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Y'all da fak. Hope reason is not true and something else. How cud they say it publicly.

By the way is possible to transport brahmos thought that way @mokoman @mist_consecutive

This guy Colin Gonsalves shoud be taught a fakn lesson .this guy is playing narrative with a genuine issue.

Idk what to say about Milords

Frontal force tweeted

Chardham Road: BrahMos needs to be taken to LAC, need wide roads, says govt in SC in reply to plea of a NGO opposing construction on LAC
So Supreme court milords are old gramps with dementia. The only thing they ever read is the law and The Hindu newspaper.

If you want them to explain the security of India is at stake because China is making double-laned roads and capturing our territory, they probably won't remember more than the first two words. So you make it simple like BrahMos missile needs to be taken, or Tanks needs to be moved, simple.

<deleted by mod>

Talks too much and too big. Rest I would not want to discuss his career and personality on a public forum
It is true he sometimes blurts out things without much thought, I have experienced army personnel having this attitude of being too direct.

However I will say he is very proactive and has the "gets the work done" attitude.

The support arm statement was more than outrageous for me
But was he wrong ? That's his thing, he does not mince words or play "diplomatic".

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimih

Country flag
Y'all da fak. Hope reason is not true and something else. How cud they say it publicly.

By the way is possible to transport brahmos thought that way @mokoman @mist_consecutive

This guy Colin Gonsalves shoud be taught a fakn lesson .this guy is playing narrative with a genuine issue.

Frontal force tweeted

Chardham Road: BrahMos needs to be taken to LAC, need wide roads, says govt in SC in reply to plea of a NGO opposing construction on LAC

Now read this

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
It is true he sometimes blurts out things without much thought, I have experienced army personnel having this attitude of being too direct.
Being direct isn't an issue, giving unnecessary statements is.

However I will say he is very proactive and has the "gets the work done" attitude.
Good he is having that attitude, but how much work has he gotten done?

But was he wrong ? That's his thing, he does not mince words or play "diplomatic".
Yes.
Had he been right, there wouldn't have been a sharp response from IAF

mokoman

Country flag

Frontal force tweeted

now there is a stretch of about 240 kms where some environmentalists are having issues with the width of the road... the problem is there is China which has fully developed its infrastructure... so tomorrow if we have to transport big trucks, machinery or heavy vehicles, we would need at least 10-metre wide road," the Union Minister said.

Venugopal said, "Army's problem is that it needs to move troops, tanks, heavy artillery and machinery. It should not be like in 1962 the ration supplies were made on foot up to the China border. If the road is not two-lane then the purpose of having a road is defeated. Hence double laning should be permitted width of 7 metre (or 7.5 metre in case there is a raised kerb)."

tanks are about 4m wide , brahmos TEL is 2.5m wide according to wiki , u need double lanes + some additional space in case there is landslide.

Covfefe

Country flag

Frontal force tweeted

The government should go ahead with the construction anyway and later on fight the contempt case if need be. To make an important effect on their side, they could simulate a military buildup there which would warrant media's attention (because fellas in Delhi get their understanding from newspapers only)

Covfefe

Country flag

now there is a stretch of about 240 kms where some environmentalists are having issues with the width of the road... the problem is there is China which has fully developed its infrastructure... so tomorrow if we have to transport big trucks, machinery or heavy vehicles, we would need at least 10-metre wide road," the Union Minister said.

Venugopal said, "Army's problem is that it needs to move troops, tanks, heavy artillery and machinery. It should not be like in 1962 the ration supplies were made on foot up to the China border. If the road is not two-lane then the purpose of having a road is defeated. Hence double laning should be permitted width of 7 metre (or 7.5 metre in case there is a raised kerb)."

tanks are about 4m wide , brahmos TEL is 2.5m wide according to wiki , u need double lanes + some additional space in case there is landslide.
Why are they even giving explanations for this stuff? Better to go ahead with construction, won't be the first time a government isn't paying heed to SC's orders.

SavageKing456

Country flag

Frontal force tweeted

This guy Colin Gonsalves once filed a case against R&AW for HR violations BS,need to check his links

BabaKhalbali

Disengagement of closely deployed troops at friction points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) is taking place but a larger de-escalation of border tensions with China is still farfetched, as thousands of PLA troops have been placed at forward positions, Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat has said.

Speaking at the Times Now Conclave, the top officer said that it is up to China to carry out another Galwan-like incident on the border but Indian troops are fully prepared and the PLA will 'get it in the same coin' again.

"We are well prepared for any misadventure by our adversary be it on the border or the high seas. For a Galwan to happen again, it is not in our hands, it is up to the Chinese. They can carry out a Galwan again but should they do it, they will get in the same coin they got last time," Gen Rawat said.

The officer said that the Chinese side has been building villages along the LAC but said that no such village has come up on the Indian side of the border. He said that PLA has been upgrading existing infrastructure on the LAC and that old dilapidated huts are being replaced with modern living units, perhaps to house the families of Chinese troops who are missing.

"Some of the (old) huts have been broken and modern ones have come up...what I could feel is these are to billet the Chinese soldiers and subsequently they may also be planning to facilitate the arrival of their families...the Chinese soldiers is isolated thousands of miles from the mainland. He is seeing that our people are in a much happier state," Gen Rawat said.

The officer said that building up of this infrastructure is not muscle flexing by the Chinese but an attempt to reach out to their border areas and that India should do the same.

On differences that have come up during on going dialogue with the Chinese side for disengagement of troops, Gen Rawat said that the main issue is deciding on how the separation of troops that are facing each other will be carried out.

"We want both sides to go back to their original positions and we want some assurances that the posts will not be re-occupied. Because of better infrastructure on the Chinese side, we cannot go with equidistant separation, we need to go with equi-time separation. They say go by distance, we say go by time (to reach the posts)," he said.

On larger de-escalation, Gen Rawat said that the Chinese side has built permanent infrastructure including tunnels and weapon storage silos on its side and if they plan to stay permanently on the border, the Indian side will do the same.

"Disengagement seems to be far fetched because of the kind of Chinese deployment. Disengagement is likely but de-escalation will take time," he said.

not so dravidian

Country flag
Finally I've got Chinese intention.(my conclusion)

They want CPEC to succeed even though we can consider internal issues, CPEC stands out.

The reason for buildup is tie up India to northern front
1. So Pakis cud get a bit of breathing space.
2. Alternative to G219

Why Pakis? Cause they r the weakest link in CPEC.

The amount of opposition and violence is incomparable to other countries in CPEC (eg Sri Lanka)

Therefore the next 6 months r the window for PoK and GB. Maybe that's the reason MI6, CIA, Russi NSA have come for.
caution this purley my copium

if not goodbye. And it becomes China's century

mokoman

Country flag
Yeah thats wht i am talking about . PLA must fear milards . Once milard issue arrest warrant under ipc etc etc there is no escape for pla general .
:hmm: i think what we really need to do ... is file a PIL asking why POK and Aksai Chin has not being recovered.

SC will then force govt to do the needfull

i wonder if this was ever done

SC will probably ask why home minister Amit Shah is still alive .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles