India-China Border conflict

mokoman

Country flag

Also other reasons, such as -
  • I was tracking its development since May, it grew too fast (like within 2 months), which is too fast for civilian commercial construction using brick and mortar. Implying these were temporary army structures.
  • It is isolated from previous city centers and river valleys, where the normal civilian population may settle and farm.
  • You can see the distinct pink PLAGF camouflage, plus their faint brown camouflage as well. Chinese civilian buildings in Tibet have generally blue, red, or black roofs.
this , new roads . that 20 / 30 airstrips / airports comming up in Tibet

all of this looks so looooooooong term

feels like cooking a frog in slowly boiling water

Blademaster

Pro Russian? well it makes sense

But it's like the fallacy they like to cope with. BRICS will be torn apart just because it's an odd bunch. China's actively trying to get us out of SCO (which again is an odd organisation we're in) by inviting Iran, and in BRICS we might openly fight or break up.

They're also the same kind who's going to praise the DPRK military as a first world military even though the troops are carrying 60 year old rifles and are dying of starvation
Every great organization has its humble beginnings. Like it or not BRICS has three nuclear powers and the combined GDP of those five countries is more than the G7 group or the EU.

MikeTheInfantryman

Country flag
Every great organization has its humble beginnings. Like it or not BRICS has three nuclear powers and the combined GDP of those five countries is more than the G7 group or the EU.
Yeah but like the combination is not really equal, is it? China's the biggest economy, after that it's India. We're not on good terms and that's bad for the organisation as a whole. Russia had some economic prowess but now its economy is tanked. Brazil is barely progressing while SA is in a crisis. I wouldn't term the BRICS as a harmonious grouping. Plus seeing as how Russia is close to China than India I don't think that bodes well for us either.

jai jaganath

Country flag
This is possible for our infantry but we are choosing to ignore it because God knows why
To be specific this all boils down to competency and intent
And we lack both in general terms
Equipping like shit doesn't show anything else
These guys shout of being best mountain fighting force but when situation arises they go to usa for winter clothing then they release RFI for light tanks which was being tested by PLA for 10 years
These are just few examples
Just being acclimatized to the terrain and heights doesn't make u the best mountain force
When u can't develop any new equipments new tactics based on the terrain then what's the use of being deployed
Many might disagree but the fact is lack of basic and necessary equipments is nothing but lack of training or lack of modernizing the training

Last edited:

Kumaoni

These guys shout of being best mountain fighting force but when situation arises they go to usa for winter clothing then they release RFI for light tanks which was being tested by PLA for 10 years
Just being acclimatized to the terrain and heights doesn't make u the best mountain force
When u can't develop any new equipments new tactics based on the terrain then what's the use of being deployed
Many might disagree but the fact is lack of basic and necessary equipments is nothing but lack of training or lack of modernizing the training
Well for the tactics part we will have to see in the time of war what happens. Even then we won’t know of actual tactics till years pass by

jai jaganath

Country flag
Well for the tactics part we will have to see in the time of war what happens. Even then we won’t know of actual tactics till years pass by
To an extent that's right coz many factors can be studied post war
But lack of necessary and basic equipments shows poor training due to which they never felt sector wise equipment requirements

MikeTheInfantryman

Country flag
I wouldn't say that, considering how some units are locally procuring some amount of modern gear for infantry troops.

Procuring winter clothing is a different stuff I don't know how that affects competency when it really is a matter of procurement which the army isn't really in control of.

Tbh, tactics change only when heavy weaponry like light tanks are involved. Infantry tactics kind of remain the same in its basics, be it in the mountains or anywhere. Seeing as how we're having multiple exercises with our military partners such as from US, France and Israel, I wouldn't say we are outdated either. On the other hand, China only had exercises with Russia, and we can see how the Russians are doing in Ukraine.

Now, most of the problem lies with procurement decisions and lack of any plans. Current weapons procurement is haphazard and without any form, and half of the time it's on an emergency basis. The civilians at MoD are batshit crazy on locking horns with the army for some reason and the resulting bureaucracy is just a nightmare. So in essence it all boils down to a absence of a plan to modernise the military, especially the army in a proper manner in terms of individual equipment.

Well seeing as how officers complain about not getting enough equipment for the troops, I won't say they're brain dead on competency and tactics but rather they're just helpless and can't do shit unless the mighty lord and savior MoD does something or at least allows them to. In some cases some units get plate carriers because they're going for a foreign exercise, but that's it.

Keyword is bureaucracy. That needs a change.

Kumaoni

I wouldn't say that, considering how some units are locally procuring some amount of modern gear for infantry troops.

Procuring winter clothing is a different stuff I don't know how that affects competency when it really is a matter of procurement which the army isn't really in control of.

Tbh, tactics change only when heavy weaponry like light tanks are involved. Infantry tactics kind of remain the same in its basics, be it in the mountains or anywhere. Seeing as how we're having multiple exercises with our military partners such as from US, France and Israel, I wouldn't say we are outdated either. On the other hand, China only had exercises with Russia, and we can see how the Russians are doing in Ukraine.

Now, most of the problem lies with procurement decisions and lack of any plans. Current weapons procurement is haphazard and without any form, and half of the time it's on an emergency basis. The civilians at MoD are batshit crazy on locking horns with the army for some reason and the resulting bureaucracy is just a nightmare. So in essence it all boils down to a absence of a plan to modernise the military, especially the army in a proper manner in terms of individual equipment.

Well seeing as how officers complain about not getting enough equipment for the troops, I won't say they're brain dead on competency and tactics but rather they're just helpless and can't do shit unless the mighty lord and savior MoD does something or at least allows them to. In some cases some units get plate carriers because they're going for a foreign exercise, but that's it.

Keyword is bureaucracy. That needs a change.
MoD is responsible for most procurements, but my question why isn’t COAS raising issue of poor gear
To an extent that's right coz many factors can be studied post war
But lack of necessary and basic equipments shows poor training due to which they never felt sector wise equipment requirements
Again, we’ll have to see. Numerous times tactics can win against slightly better equipment, but not generational differences in equipments.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Gigatier levels of cope if u think their soldiers are in anyway physically inferior to ours
If a 6'0 man punts his fist at your head, you can be sure it will leave some damage. I am talking about the physical aspect only.

MikeTheInfantryman

Country flag
MoD is responsible for most procurements, but my question why isn’t COAS raising issue of poor gear

Again, we’ll have to see. Numerous times tactics can win against slightly better equipment, but not generational differences in equipments.
Well in my humble opinion the current COAS is from an engineer background and I'm not sure whether he gives that much attention to personal gear or the Infantry for that matter. Seeing as how heavy weaponry is given priority to "increase firepower" (I mean I can understand they have a gazillion more arty and tanks than us) I don't think this would cross their mind one bit.

Kumaoni

If a 6'0 man punts his fist at your head, you can be sure it will leave some damage. I am talking about the physical aspect only.
Is the average Indian soldier that much larger than the average pla one? No he’s not. There’s hardly any physical difference

DumbPilot

Country flag
Is the average Indian soldier that much larger than the average pla one? No he’s not. There’s hardly any physical difference
On average the Chinese have a smaller height due to genetics. This evident in some confrontation videos