India-China Border conflict

Jimih

Country flag
Didn't matter either way... India signed a pact with CCP recognising Tibet as part of PRC in return of them recognising Kashmir as Indian.

I've been reading a bit on '62 & realised there's no good maps showing the LAC, only silly pencil drawings. So i has to make myself one, the red line is roughly where the present LAC passes through, our LAC, there Chinese claim line deviates from it here& there ...the black line is what divided the forces by 1959.

View attachment 213594
Blue points from North: Daulat-beg-oldi, Galwan clash point, Kongka-La, Finger 4.
FW8lUDuWAAIYbmS.jpeg

Was following this map for quite some time now.

Augustus

Country flag
View attachment 213682

This map has changed too especifically in Depsang plains area post 2020 permanently if I say so myself. The buldge you see in depsang plains, well it has been straightened up by China. Before that we patrolled about half of the buldge. China used to patrol too. They would come up to the y junction point. Both sides used to only patroll sporadically till China started getting economic developmentwhich turned into millitary development. They started constructing stuffs all across the depsang buldge through out the 2000 decade. And we stood around like statue. Later on they capitalized their development in this sector and basically took over the buldge.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
View attachment 213682

Yes see, so crude... plus the LAC is wrong, so are the rivers. I took reference of those marked locations (plus what is/was under wose control) & used sat-images of recent clash locations etc. Reaoly please with my work 🙃
Stuff like this... & this (<link)

An example of commonly shown discrepancies... lotta media confuse the Chink claim-line with the actual LAC.
_113688732_india_china_17_jul_v2_dipsuted_border_map_640-nc-3x-nc.png

Last edited:

Jimih

Country flag
Yes see, so crude... plus the LAC is wrong, so are the rivers. I took reference of those marked locations (plus what is/was under wose control) & used sat-images of recent clash locations etc. Reaoly please with my work 🙃

An example of commonly shown discrepancies... lotta media confuse the Chink claim-line with the actual LAC.
View attachment 213760
There exists huge confusion, no doubt about it.

Previous govts has royally screwed up the border issue.

shade

Country flag
Seems we are actively sabotaging chinks intrests, while being in SCO, hence the squeaking from the entitled rats of Asia......I would say we should remain in this useless org. & keep sabotaging chinks intrests, until it is necessary to leave

The SCO is the most useless of all organisations, more useless than BRICS. the only reason we are inside is because the Russians didnt want to be completely overshadowed by China
Bharat is the Roos-pasand invitee in SCO.
Pakistan is the Cheen-pasand invitee in SCO

Bharat being in SCO stops it from becoming a full military alliance, that's what ching chong wants, now even Eran has joined as a full member

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
There exists huge confusion, no doubt about it.

Previous govts has royally screwed up the border issue.
We screwed up in 1994 only, when the Sino-Indian treaty was signed to resolve the border peacefully & carry no firearms there... but we should have pressed for the Chinks to withdraw to 1959 line 1st & refused to talk as long as they're enforcing a line created AFTER use of force!

Anyways Aksai Chin is gone forever (not that we nor Hari Singh ever truly had it). I don't see any chance of militarily taking it back. They have plains & highways there while we have to bring everything across the Himalayas. Any gains will be lost the moment and start & choke the passes to our logistics.

Last edited:

sameer3694

Anyways Aksai Chin is gone forever (not that we nor Hari Singh ever truly had it). I don't see any chance of militarily taking it back. They have plains & highways there while we have to bring everything across the Himalayas. Any gains will be lost the moment and start & choke the passes to our logistics.
I wouldn't be so pessimistic. PRC's first priority has always been Taiwan and they must take Taiwan by 2049(100th anniversary of PRC founding).The CCP must do this because they've brainwashed their population for many decades making this promise and their legitimacy rests on this. Highly likely that the US and Japan will also be involved in that conflict. The US is already laying the groundwork for the conflict(selling all kinds of weapons to Taiwan to further provoke Chinks). At some point CCP will take the bait and follow through.

We'll have multiple options at that point, depends on who's in the leadership to grab the initiative. All of this is not a question of 'if but when'.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I wouldn't be so pessimistic. PRC's first priority has always been Taiwan and they must take Taiwan by 2049(100th anniversary of PRC founding).The CCP must do this because they've brainwashed their population for many decades making this promise and their legitimacy rests on this. Highly likely that the US and Japan will also be involved in that conflict. The US is already laying the groundwork for the conflict(selling all kinds of weapons to Taiwan to further provoke Chinks). At some point CCP will take the bait and follow through.

We'll have multiple options at that point, depends on who's in the leadership to grab the initiative. All of this is not a question of 'if but when'.
It's only like how our "1st priority" is to take PoK, but even in '71 we didn't try. We've brainwashed our population enough for Indians to bitch about using the real-Indian-map in comment section of article & videos.
Successfully landing troops in an invasion of Taiwan is near impossible. If China somehow is foolish enough to try it ever, that's be our only oportunity to exploit & I sincerely doubt that GOI won't miss that only chance.

jai jaganath

Country flag

View attachment 213760
As u are bringing life to this thread
May I ask u have any map regarding status quo post 2022 pp-15 disengagement
I mean where does buffer lie
How many temporary buffers are been expired
I mean there are sector wise map but no complete picture
I have written the notes of my understanding regarding disengagement coz have no patience to go back to the thread
But if u can pls share

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
As u are bringing life to this thread
May I ask u have any map regarding status quo post 2022 pp-15 disengagement
I mean where does buffer lie
How many temporary buffers are been expired
I mean there are sector wise map but no complete picture
I have written the notes of my understanding regarding disengagement coz have no patience to go back to the thread
But if u can pls share
I'll have to see through your notes.. & the sectors wise map. I'd you can help me a bit in finding them (just tell me where to look), I can compile them in my spare time.