India-China Border conflict

mokoman

Country flag
similar thing going on in other valleys near by .

they will build upto the ridge then stop . then one fine day cross the ridge everywhere.

it will be repeat of pangong tso f4 . they have good roads which means they can use trucks ,armoured vehicles,artys .

Yes China claims the whole AP is illegal, but Mcmahon line is the bottom line. This time the IA patrol even corssed it. If you check the map i just post, i think it;s Indian version, the fish tail is not inside your AP.

View attachment 169317

Acctually during 1950, China accepted the border with Maymar based on actual Mcmahon line, this was decided by Zhou Enlai. during 1950s, Mao and Zhou would decide lots of things just by their perosnal wills.

From what i knew, Zhou Enlai was ready to accept the M line also with India, but Nehru's "forward policy" on west part made both sides missed this opportunity.
Zhou Enlai was ready to accept the M line

cant be true , Atleast now Chinese refusal is due to Tawang . Problem with mcmahon line is it doesnt fit to the actual landscape . Indian LAC follows the somewhat corrected line .

There will never be a resolution if Chinese dont give up on Tawang . India doesnt care for Aksai chin , best for Chinese to giveup Tawang and go for a bufferzone+proper international boder - settle border issue.

rockdog

Country flag
similar thing going on in other valleys near by .

they will build upto the ridge then stop . then one fine day cross the ridge everywhere.

it will be repeat of pangong tso f4 . they have good roads which means they can use trucks ,armoured vehicles,artys .

Zhou Enlai was ready to accept the M line

cant be true , Atleast now Chinese refusal is due to Tawang . Problem with mcmahon line is it doesnt fit to the actual landscape . Indian LAC follows the somewhat corrected line .

There will never be a resolution if Chinese dont give up on Tawang . India doesnt care for Aksai chin , best for Chinese to giveup Tawang and go for a bufferzone+proper international boder - settle border issue.
Agree with u, East exchange west is the best deal. Our leader uses dictatorship would make this happed, but ur congress will never say go. Any of ur leader push it, will lose the election. So i am desperate to see any solution.

Country flag

Kumaoni

I perosnally have no enough time to dabete the 1962 war here, even i read much more materials from both sides than most members here ...

The causes of 1962 war is really complicated...
The 62 war could have been prevented had both sides come to the negotiating table. To me, it was a geostrategic failure on the part of nehru based on indecisiveness.

I keep telling people here that the conflict with Arunachal Pradesh would happen with independent tibet or PRC controlled Tibet, as the point of cultural contention vis a vis Arunachal and Tibetan Buddhism is even higighted by the Dalai lama

Articles