India-China Border conflict

rockdog

Country flag
why does it matter to the chinese where the mcmahon line is. chinese claim entire arunachal pradesh . there is no basis for that .
Yes China claims the whole AP is illegal, but Mcmahon line is the bottom line. This time the IA patrol even corssed it. If you check the map i just post, i think it;s Indian version, the fish tail is not inside your AP.

05.jpg

Acctually during 1950, China accepted the border with Maymar based on actual Mcmahon line, this was decided by Zhou Enlai. during 1950s, Mao and Zhou would decide lots of things just by their perosnal wills.

From what i knew, Zhou Enlai was ready to accept the M line also with India, but Nehru's "forward policy" on west part made both sides missed this opportunity.

Last edited:

Kumaoni

Yes China claims the whole AP is illegal, but Mcmahon line is the bottom line. This time the IA patrol even corssed it. If you check the map i just post, i think it;s Indian version, the fish tail is not inside your AP.

Acctually during 1950, China accepted the border with Maymar based on actual Mcmahon line, this was decided by Zhou Enlai. during 1950s, Mao and Zhou would decide lots of things just by their perosnal wills.

From what i knew, Zhou Enlai was ready to accept the M line also with India, but Nehru's "forward policy" on west part made both sides missed this opportunity.
There would have been no forward policy if you weren’t building roads in Aksai chin nor attacking Indian patrols

rockdog

Country flag
There would have been no forward policy if you weren’t building roads in Aksai chin nor attacking Indian patrols
I perosnally have no enough time to dabete the 1962 war here, even i read much more materials from both sides than most members here ...

The causes of 1962 war is really complicated...

omaebakabaka

That is because you don't hear the cases where our opponents are thrashed badly. They duly hide their casualties and spin their narrative. Perks of having state-controlled media and absolute dictatorship.

You don't hear about the thrashing of Chinese at Naku La, you don't hear about the thrashing & capturing of a large number of Chinese soldiers at Tawang (after which they released more Galwan pictures in revenge, :rotfl:), in fact, you don't even hear the operation details of Op. Snow Leopard. apart from few tidbits.
There is enough in your post that said we had injuries when skirmishes occured in all sectors and we seem desperate to deescalate.....also we always seems to lose planes vs pak and every fucking time defend or retake after someone else squats on our land (kargil, galwan e.t.c), so what I meant is cause injuries on the other side of buffers or LAC not fight on our side. We need to up our game no matter how you look at it....offence is like playing white on chess, gives you atleast one move advantage that you can capitilaze if you are smart

The Shrike

Country flag
Too lazy to check myself now but per other reliable handles it's in our side of the watershed. And letting them build anything on our side is going to be an order of magnitude worse disaster than letting the Chinese build the road from finger 8 to finger 4 in Pangong So. The watershed ridgeline is a natural obstacle the Chinese will have to cross to in case of any invasion, amd letting them build a firm base is just 🤷‍♀️.

Abdus Salem killed

Too lazy to check myself now but per other reliable handles it's in our side of the watershed. And letting them build anything on our side is going to be an order of magnitude worse disaster than letting the Chinese build the road from finger 8 to finger 4 in Pangong So. The watershed ridgeline is a natural obstacle the Chinese will have to cross to in case of any invasion, amd letting them build a firm base is just 🤷‍♀️.
No it's outside our area that i am certain of

Articles