India-China Border conflict

Covfefe

Country flag
How much is the current deployment of forces in Ladakh costing us? I haven't seen any numbers. Is it coming out of Defence budget or are additional funds being provided?
From one of the news reports it came up as the Army didn't ask for any additional grant for revenue expenses. So they cut a lot of corners in other areas, but now that they're settled there those one time mobilisation part would come down. Sustaining it is expensive though

mokoman

Country flag

Starfleet Lord Pravin Sawhney unhappy for no meeting between Modi and Wang Yi.
China is major power, Wang Yi should have met PM as requested.

:scared2:how dare indians defy the Chinese overlords , Wang Yi will go back to china insulted , Emperor Xi Jingping will declare war on us anytime now .

:dude: man i am really getting tired of his shit .

Covfefe

Country flag

TopWatcher

Country flag
he is a retired indian army officer .

he is like a jester / clown / comedy walla here .

he runs a defense magazine - his job now is to unironically troll Pakistanis online and we laugh at his posts.
But seems he loves chinese

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
How much is the current deployment of forces in Ladakh costing us? I haven't seen any numbers. Is it coming out of Defence budget or are additional funds being provided?
Costed some in 2020 when we were in complete operational deployment. Now supply lines have solidified and soldier barracks are more or less complete. Nothing that is significant to our capacity, you can see it in our defense budget spending sheet.

dumdumdum

Country flag
While there is lot of hate being directed at Pravin Sawney...what happened to all those on this forum who routinely abused MEA Jaishankar during Galwan?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
20,000 crores as of end of last year. don’t recall whether this includes emergency purchases.

The Shrike

Country flag
Interesting, a lot of para-drop exercises have been happening, and the location is pointing towards China-centric.

We might have got a whiff that China is readying for round 2 this year.
What is "Airborne rapid response Team" mentioned here - is it just the Paras? TIA.

indiatester

Country flag
View attachment 146905
Condition of Chinese bots w.r.t india since india was neutral in Russia-Ukraine war

Why is China using Indian media for its propaganda? That too through its official handles?
I think its using our position on Russia to create a view in the west that India is not an ally that they can use against China.
While in India, they give nothing to us on the LAC front, but want us to look beyond for some mythical India-China glory times later on.

We should tone down on this anti-west rhetoric. To ensure that we pursue our interests, its important to ensure that our neutral stance be not made to look like an anti-west stance.

TopWatcher

Country flag

Why is China using Indian media for its propaganda? That too through its official handles?
I think its using our position on Russia to create a view in the west that India is not an ally that they can use against China.
While in India, they give nothing to us on the LAC front, but want us to look beyond for some mythical India-China glory times later on.

We should tone down on this anti-west rhetoric. To ensure that we pursue our interests, its important to ensure that our neutral stance be not made to look like an anti-west stance.
Yeah US playing same game with us like doing in rus-ukr war. Just buckle up and push you into war but will do nothing. Better India do things on its own calculations.

Moroboshi

Doesn't matter. The west can suck it. There is none who can compete with China in this regard. Who else is there? sk? Japan? Taiwan? Yeah right....