India-China Border conflict

sachincba

Country flag
Looking at the recent posts it seems as if Chinese have overnight developed some ground breaking capabilities.
There is a differential in terms of equipment, but not in terms of war fighting capabilities. Equipment don't win war, men do; provided we are ready for sacrifice. Fighting Nazis, Soviet lost a million men in battle of Stalingrad. That is sacrifice. That is love for nation. Japanese reached a point where their last person would have fought, but defeat was not acceptable.
What can Chinese do? They can come with a lot of firepower, they can gain territory which every agressor does, in the beginning. But that is not the end.
The morale, the appetite to take losses, and standing for motherland is what matters.

thebakofbakchod

Looking at the recent posts it seems as if Chinese have overnight developed some ground breaking capabilities.
There is a differential in terms of equipment, but not in terms of war fighting capabilities. Equipment don't win war, men do; provided we are ready for sacrifice. Fighting Nazis, Soviet lost a million men in battle of Stalingrad. That is sacrifice. That is love for nation. Japanese reached a point where their last person would have fought, but defeat was not acceptable.
What can Chinese do? They can come with a lot of firepower, they can gain territory which every agressor does, in the beginning. But that is not the end.
The morale, the appetite to take losses, and standing for motherland is what matters.
What load of bs. What sort of delusion are you on to think equipment doesnt win wars? Go tell that to Iraq who had the 4th biggest army in the world at that time and lost the war in 3 weeks

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
What load of bs. What sort of delusion are you on to think equipment doesnt win wars? Go tell that to Iraq who had the 4th biggest army in the world at that time and lost the war in 3 weeks
If you know the state at which iraqi military was in during gulf war his comment also makes sense.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Against whom? Coalition of NATO + Arab Coalition took 3 weeks to defeat Iraq. And you think it is some sort of achievement?

Country flag
Or the recent Azerbaijan Armenia war. Azairbajan’s Turkish drones decimated Armenian tanks in a few hours and the war was over. Lol. This is not WW2. Future wars are going to be hi-tech. Even the ADE chief cited the Azerbaija-Armenia war to explain why Swift, Tapas etc were being developed. without technology,be it in intelligence, equipment or transport logistics, Chinese will roll over the Indian Army in under a month. Lol. Even in recent IAF skirmish with porkies, IAF inferior radios got jammed. Now they are fitting SDRs. That is technology.Switching off IFF which is a technology caused fratricide and loss of officer talent. indian defense forces think that they can fight with sheer numbers. But I hope the Feb29 failure to inflict heavy damage on PAF and the resulting embarrassment to the nation should have woken up everyone for the need for massive use of networked technology in warfare. If it has not, just surrender to the PLA the lands they want. At least it will save lives.

sachincba

Country flag
Well, the purpose of US and coalition was to expel Iraq from Kuwait. If US and coalition would have gone and stayed for occupation, then what would have been the result? US could not occupy even Afghanistan or Vietnam, how can anyone think Chinese can occupy India?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Come on I suggest Indian armed forces to fall back what's gone is gone
Now focus on yourself and build yourself powerful and logistic efficient

Country flag
This is going to be a huge problem for us, the lake is a natural barrier that cuts off their forces in the north and south for ~100km. With this their tactical mobillty advantage will increase further.
That’s why I said even last year you are not going to be able to compete with China just on infrastructure builds. They are masters at it and have tons of slave labor PLA and machines to do so. The only thing that will shut them up is to arm their neighbors with lethal weapons jointly produced by India, Japan, Korea in India. The Brahmos deal with Philippines is a good first step. Need to figure out what other lethal weapons we can export to Vietnam etc. China has been arming our neighbors for a long time now. Why the heck are we so subdued? Defense is an area I am not satisfied with the BJP government’s efforts. Too slow. More needs to be done on a war footing. Appoint the new CDS already - it is crazy that the government did not have a CDS succession plan in case of emergencies. The whole thing reeks of laziness and not being prepared. Or maybe Modi has so many things to solve that there is only so much one person can do.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
@iNorthernerOn9

PKS, himself said that India has accepted the fait aaccompli wrt to China.

Now will u accept that POK too is going nowhere??
I haven't mortgaged my brain & heart to PKS... I will always be hopeful

गले का किसके हार बनेगी
समय की कैसी माला है
एक अनजाना साया कोई
जैसे डसने वाला है
देखने वाले देख के सब कुछ
फिर भी हैं जैसे अनजान

NCERT education & secularism has fucked the Indian genes of "conquest"... but I will keep faith till the rocks melt in the sun.

Jimih

Country flag
@iNorthernerOn9

PKS, himself said that India has accepted the fait aaccompli wrt to China.

Now will u accept that POK too is going nowhere??
Let them take land here and there, let them complete their CPEC.

But the real game will be played when they will attempt to capture Tawang and Ladakh, believe me these are the two places they are after (both Buddhist dominated regions)

Long ago I said on DFI that, China is trying to create a Buddhist buffer regions between India and China, Tibet already done, Bhutan and Nepal are slowly coming under their influence. Sri Lanka seems to be playing footsie with China.

India needs to play the Buddhist card with more aggression, after all Buddha was born in India (Nepalis will cry over this) and also Dalai Lama and his lakh of his followers are residing in India.

China’s Buddhism card

not so dravidian

Country flag

गले का किसके हार बनेगी
समय की कैसी माला है
एक अनजाना साया कोई
जैसे डसने वाला है
देखने वाले देख के सब कुछ
फिर भी हैं जैसे अनजान

NCERT education & secularism has fucked the Indian genes of "conquest"... but I will keep faith till the rocks melt in the sun.
Since u usually quote him, I wanted to know ur reply.
However, given the state of affairs here, I have no copium.
Hopefully want ever u say happens!

BTW I donr know Hindi

HawkisRight

Country flag

गले का किसके हार बनेगी
समय की कैसी माला है
एक अनजाना साया कोई
जैसे डसने वाला है
देखने वाले देख के सब कुछ
फिर भी हैं जैसे अनजान

It's not about ncert or education... something seriously went wrong with the establishment in 1989.. Before that there was mukti bahini, sikkim adventure, adventure in Maldives wid op cactus, srilanka shenanigans wid elem tigers..Magar ab to PoK pe baat krne pe bhi fat ke flower hota he logo ko...feels like "going offencive" option itself got erased from strategic thought processes...

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
That’s why I said even last year you are not going to be able to compete with China just on infrastructure builds. They are masters at it and have tons of slave labor PLA and machines to do so. The only thing that will shut them up is to arm their neighbors with lethal weapons jointly produced by India, Japan, Korea in India. The Brahmos deal with Philippines is a good first step. Need to figure out what other lethal weapons we can export to Vietnam etc. China has been arming our neighbors for a long time now. Why the heck are we so subdued? Defense is an area I am not satisfied with the BJP government’s efforts. Too slow. More needs to be done on a war footing. Appoint the new CDS already - it is crazy that the government did not have a CDS succession plan in case of emergencies. The whole thing reeks of laziness and not being prepared. Or maybe Modi has so many things to solve that there is only so much one person can do.
Well.. Its more important to have the right man( meaning Modi's man ) as CDS.. So, GOI is in no hurry, as the current structure of the armed forces is not dependent on CDS..

Jimih

Country flag
It's not about ncert or education... something seriously went wrong with the establishment in 1989.. Before that there was mukti bahini, sikkim adventure, adventure in Maldives wid op cactus, srilanka shenanigans wid elem tigers..Magar ab to PoK pe baat krne pe bhi fat ke flower hota he logo ko...feels like "going offencive" option itself got erased from strategic thought processes...
Since Mudi ji came to power there is indeed some changes in the establishment's policies vis-a-vis external security. All were not failures. 2004-2013 was a worst period in recent modern history of India.

All hopes not lost yet.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have a suggestion why not we sell whatever land Chinese want in Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh in return of some money, diplomatic leverage, some market of other country and allow them to complete cpec as a result Pakistan’s market will of Chinese leading to its destruction or China engulfing it, India China relation might get stable.
They will not treat us enemy nor we will(we have never), let them take Pakistan
Anyway these are strategic areas only useful for war but if we are not enemies then these are useless let them have it
Not writing with anger or being sarcastic but with serious option

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I have a suggestion why not we sell whatever land Chinese want in Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh in return of some money, diplomatic leverage, some market of other country and allow them to complete cpec as a result Pakistan’s market will of Chinese leading to its destruction or China engulfing it, India China relation might get stable.
They will not treat us enemy nor we will(we have never), let them take Pakistan
Anyway these are strategic areas only useful for war but if we are not enemies then these are useless let them have it
Not writing with anger or being sarcastic but with serious option
What if they want ladak ?