India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
So I was right after all.

These Chinese are implementing new and new tactics day by day afterall.
-
This type of Developments are always concerning for me.

Couple of questions with regards to this:

What is the cheapest option that we have in terms of BBM(bunker-buster munition) so that we can take out these Fortified Artillery Shelters? Any idea?

Do we have any Indigenous options in terms of it?

Or maybe we could use Spice-2000 bombs for it?(I guess if we use spice 2000 than ideally we should use the penetrator version of it)
View attachment 128238

this is what it would look like if we use it (It refers to the penetrator version of Spice-2000)
The cheapest will be this indigenous bad boy, especially made for this purpose

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
The cheapest will be this indigenous bad boy, especially made for this purpose

I guess you could say that, but SAAW is specifically designed to Destroy Air fields and Runways and I don't think so that it can be used as a bunker busting Munition.
-
I guess DRDO could try and Develop a new Variant of SAAW for which we can use it for as a cheap bunker Busting Munition.
-
Or maybe instead of doing that just do couple of modifications to the Existing SAAW so that it can be used as a cheap Bunker busting Munition.
-
Anyways let's see what happens. We need to Keep a further eye and watch on Chinese Movement.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
I guess you could say that, but SAAW is specifically designed to Destroy Air fields and Runways and I don't think so that it can be used as a bunker busting Munition.
-
I guess DRDO could try and Develop a new Variant of SAAW for which we can use it for as a cheap bunker Busting Munition.
-
Or maybe instead of doing that just do couple of modifications to the Existing SAAW so that it can be used as a cheap Bunker busting Munition.
-
Anyways let's see what happens. We need to Keep a further eye and watch on Chinese Movement.
As I said, SAAW is specifically made to take out hardened-air shelters (HAS) and other airfield infrastructure. It has a penetration-cum-blast (PCB) warhead.

The above video shows penetration with an inert warhead. A blast afterward will take out anything within that HAS.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
As I said, SAAW is specifically made to take out hardened-air shelters (HAS) and other airfield infrastructure. It has a penetration-cum-blast (PCB) warhead.

The above video shows penetration with an inert warhead. A blast afterward will take out anything within that HAS.
Yes exactly. And I am happy for the fact that it is Indigenous. Anyways let's see.

We have to monitor each and every move of these Chinki Bat eaters. You never know what they are upto.

Anyways had thought originally that SAAW can not be used against any other target other than Airfields. I was Confused because of the name SAAW(Smart Anti Airfield Weopon). Thanks for clearing my doubt @mist_consecutive
:india:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag

Keeping in mind the difficult terrain of the Tibetan plateau and the difficulties the Han Chinese soldiers have faced because of the cold and the high altitude, the People's Liberation Army (PLA) has moved in a large number of unmanned ground vehicles to carry troops, weaponry and supplies. More than half the vehicles are in areas close to the Ladakh area where the Chinese buildup is still in evidence.

The PLA has moved 88 Sharp Claw unmanned ground vehicles or UGVs into Tibet, and 38 of them in the western part of the province, close to where the Indian and Chinese armies are still face to face. The Sharp Claw UGV, manufactured by NORINCO, a Chinese arms manufacturer, can be used for reconnaissance, patrolling and transportation of weapons and logistical work in difficult terrain. it can also be fitted with weapons.

Also in Tibet is the robotized Mule-200, manufactured by Zhong Tian Zhu Kong Technology Holdings. It has a range of 50 km, can navigate difficult terrain and also, carry about 200 kg of ammunition, supplies or even weapons at a time. Remotely controlled by wireless, it can perform combat tasks if fitted out for fire-support activities. The PLA has 120 Mule-200s in Tibet, more than half of which are in the western areas

Sharp Claw

Mule-200

sachincba

Country flag
We have to join countries that are diplomatically boycotting Beijing Olympics. It does not bring any value but it sends a message.
It's shameful that even countries like UK who have no significant dispute with China are diplo boycotting it, but not us!
Very regrettable!
Lavrov took Jaishankar for a good ride this time.
Why our policy planners so incoherent and suffer from dissociative personality disorder?

Tomorrow will Russia accept India's demand to publicly thumbs up any US led initiative?

We should backtrack from the joint statement and diplo boycott Olympics. It will display our pragmatism, and it will send a message to Putin that our dispute with China is NO child's play.

I do not think Putin/ his FM takes issues which involve India's sovereignty seriously.
We shouldn't boycott unless there is any advantage. Boycotting is just symbolic. Who is leading this-- US? The same guys who haven't cleared that they will not sanction us for S400 purchase. If US gives us a deal for this, then we can think....

Cheepek

We shouldn't boycott unless there is any advantage. Boycotting is just symbolic. Who is leading this-- US? The same guys who haven't cleared that they will not sanction us for S400 purchase. If US gives us a deal for this, then we can think....
Yeah, good we didn't do anything.
Look at the US after the "diplomatic boycott"

Hari Sud

Country flag
The LAC has cooled a bit. The Chinese found that 1962 cannot be repeated, rather they may loose a lot of prestige if the conflict escalates into a big fight and they loose as they did in 1979 in Vietnam.

Now with lost momentum on GNP growth in China (3.5%) and very high in india (9%), they are searching for ways to get out of it without loosing their prestige. It is only now becoming clear that they were building China to get the GNP high In previous years. Most housing 130,000 units are vacant, 30% of office space is vacant. Bridges and viaducts are falling because hastily built.