Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhramos

Country flag
23rd of February, 2015. Lugansk, Novorossiya.
Lugansk students congratulated the injured men of NAF, who are undergoing treatment in the 2nd Lugansk hospital, on the Defender of the Motherland Day. Girls brought cakes, cookies and other sweet stuff, and also wrote triangle-shaped folded letters with kind wishes. Besides, Lugansk girls congratulated the Lugansk doctors who save lives and treat people of the Lugansk People's Republic.
"The 23rd of February is not just a holiday. This is the special day for us. We came to pay tribute to those who defend our city and our families. Putting their lives and health at risk, they've made our nights calm. On behalf of thousands of the Lugansk residents we came to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation," – Zhanna Marfina, the Dean of the philological faculty of the Lugansk university named after Taras Shevchenko said.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
Hard times ahead for Ukraine with massive job cuts and price hikes on the way

Ukraine's currency has plumbed new depths as the Franco/German brokered ceasefire in the east of the country has failed to curtail the violence.

In Kyiv the central bank says the official rate for the hryvnia has dropped some seven percent to close to 30 against the US dollar.

Ukraine has suffered monumental upheaval in recent times from revolution to conflict and is now facing huge civil service jobs cuts as the country's economic minister Aivaras Abromavicius warns:
"When it comes to people working in the government, in various public administration offices, there is a big problem. There is a big problem with pay. With the current exchange rate, salaries are below $200 per month, and this, obviously, creates room for corruption. The government wants to pass an administrative reform, so that we will be able to cut down considerably on staff numbers and yet increase salaries for the rest. In my ministry we plan to cut 50% of staff this year."

A major reform of the energy sector is planned in order to encourage competition and as part of a IMF loan deal gas prices must rise. Aivaras Abromavicius continues: "One of the key reforms is going to be the energy sector reform. Unbundling Naftogaz, splitting it into at least three companies and inviting, possibly, foreign investment into the country and obviously, we will have to rise the gas tariffs in the country, which are very low. The government position is that the rich should not benefit from the low prices, which is the current state of affairs. The position of the government is that we will rise gas tariffs as much as possible, close to the market level, and we will compensate the poor with subsidies. With the current economic decline the number of poor in the country will increase and the amount of people that will get subsidies will increase tremendously. It will be a quite serious challenge for the Ministry of Social Affairs."

It is certainly hard times ahead for Ukraine and despite IMF, US and EU assistance the country is on the brink of economic meltdown.

George Soros the business magnate and philanthropist has called on European leaders to increase efforts to bolster the Ukrainian economy.

While others claim the slow response to the crisis has given Russia the opportunity destabilise the situation in the east of the county.

Moscow denies involvement in the east of Ukraine.

Copyright © 2015 euronew

Hard times ahead for Ukraine with massive job cuts and price hikes on the way | euronews, economy

LalTopi

China makes quality goods ? Lol,let me laugh !
We could totally stop our gas imports from Russia,and we all should buy this :

I personally have one,i don't need the gas that is from russia algeria or whatever... :peace: :peace: :peace:
All Europeans should buy one,we will save money for more important projects,and russia will loose money. :russia:
I'm a genius or not?

Not quite a genius yet. I have one of these hobs, but in my case the electricity is generated from a gas powered power station.

Across much of Europe electricity generation still relies on gas and coal.

sgarg

Last year it was direct help 6,4 Million Euros, plus volunteer NGO help on top of that. This year figures are not available.
This is the problem. The 6.4 million Euro is a very small amount. For the loud support claims you make, you provide a paltry (symbolic) amount and token soldiers.

This is why Putin remains unimpressed. You should provide 6.4 billion dollars per year and 50000 soldiers to Kiev. I am sure Russians will sit up and take notice.

UAH has reached 30 to a USD (from 8 one year back). Your help is urgently needed.

jouni

This is the problem. The 6.4 million Euro is a very small amount. For the loud support claims you make, you provide a paltry (symbolic) amount and token soldiers.

This is why Putin remains unimpressed. You should provide 6.4 billion dollars per year and 50000 soldiers to Kiev. I am sure Russians will sit up and take notice.

UAH has reached 30 to a USD (from 8 one year back). Your help is urgently needed.
Ukraine is a nation of 40 million, they do not need soldiers, they need will and means to fight. Like I said we are so small nation that our help in the best case is not much. Key players are US, Germany and IMHO Poland. Based on information here, Russian special forces do the fighting in key places ( Ilovaisk, Airport and Debaltsheve ) rest of the fighters are sorry bunch of drifters and drunks from the vast plains of old SU. If Ukraine cannot manage this better, then I am sorry to say: surrender and keep living like you have been, you do not deserve better. You cannot outsource a freedom fight!

Cadian

Ukraine is a nation of 40 million, they do not need soldiers, they need will and means to fight. Like I said we are so small nation that our help in the best case is not much. Key players are US, Germany and IMHO Poland. Based on information here, Russian special forces do the fighting in key places ( Ilovaisk, Airport and Debaltsheve ) rest of the fighters are sorry bunch of drifters and drunks from the vast plains of old SU. If Ukraine cannot manage this better, then I am sorry to say: surrender and keep living like you have been, you do not deserve better. You cannot outsource a freedom fight!
Thinking this way (red) is actually the main reason why enemies of Russia always suck when fighting us.
First, inventing myths about how Russia is deflating, weak and chaotic, then believing in it, then go fighting and then suck. All the time.

Gabriel92 said:
I'm a genius or not?
Actually, you behave like an idiot.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yes it is bad. I was never thrilled with government Yatsenyuk and head of the National Bank - Gontareva. Bad is not something that the rate jumped, and that salaries are not incservice. However, the prices of domestic industrial products do not grow. I ordered a glazed windows at 1340 UAH. In may it cost 1250 UAH.

sgarg

Our information is that Kiev was never strong. The "freedom fight" you gloat about is failing because THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE VISION OF POROSHENKO. It is about USA delivering "freedom" to Ukrainians, not much of a freedom struggle really.

sgarg

Yes it is bad. I was never thrilled with government Yatsenyuk and head of the National Bank - Gontareva. Bad is not something that the rate jumped, and that salaries are not incservice. However, the prices of domestic industrial products do not grow. I ordered a glazed windows at 1340 UAH. In may it cost 1250 UAH.
The industrial prices will soon "grow" when gas prices go up. It is just around the corner.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
The industrial prices will soon "grow" when gas prices go up. It is just around the corner.

No, because purchasing power is reduced. Prices increased on average by 20-25%.

jouni

Thinking this way (red) is actually the main reason why enemies of Russia always suck when fighting us.
First, inventing myths about how Russia is deflating, weak and chaotic, then believing in it, then go fighting and then suck. All the time.
I do not think your enemies have underestimated you. That is just the impression what I have about the fighters based on the YouTube videos. Maybe it is cleverly orchestrated to give just that image and in real life they are highly trained and motivated disciplined Russian soldiers.

arpakola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles