Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhramos

Country flag
News agency journalist Anna-News Maxim Fadeev after the experienced siege Sloviansk spent some time with the family. Now he is in Donetsk and is working on a documentary project "Donbass. The line of fire. "The second film, "In Memory of the warrior" Wolf. "Trailer

«Донбасс. На линии огня». Фильм второй "Памяти воина "Волка". Трейлер - YouTube

bhramos

Country flag
Meanwhile, the commanders of Ukrainian nazi battalions Semyon Semyonchenko, Andrey Teteruk and Yuri Bereza have left for Washington to meet with U.S. Senator John McCain.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Will Putin Spend Retirement Sunbathing In Miami With All the Other Airplane Murderers?

Source: Russian news: Will Putin Spend Retirement Sunbathing In Miami With All the Other Airplane Murderers? - Russia Insider

Funny article, full of sarcasm.

Why would he stay in Miami when he do not have a mansion there (anything less than a mansion is not good enough for the newly acquired discriminating taste of Tzar Putin)? Here are some of his mansion (they call it palaces)...

Vladimir Putin Lives High Life in a Series of State Mansions
Vladimir Putin Lives High Life in a Series of State Mansions - Globe Trotting - Curbed National

(no sarcasm there)

pmaitra

Will Putin Spend Retirement Sunbathing In Miami With All the Other Airplane Murderers?

Source: Russian news: Will Putin Spend Retirement Sunbathing In Miami With All the Other Airplane Murderers? - Russia Insider

Funny article, full of sarcasm.
What an amazing article.

The west has become a joke now. Hey, it wasn't just us who noticed the 3rd grade level bickering that BBC has been indulging in.

Good one. I can bet this piece won't make it into New York Trash.

Funny parts:

It's time to extend this same famous American hospitality to Vladimir Putin. After all, the United States doesn't want to be accused of favoritism. All airplane-exploders are equal in the eyes of Western outrage.
At the recent Bow Before Your Asian Masters summit, Abbott told Putin that he "should consider issuing an apology and providing compensation" to relatives of MH17 victims. As The Guardian tells it:
Contrary to the goo that came out of Tony Abbott's mouth hole, the United States never formally apologized to Iran, but it did award the captain who gave the shoot-down order the Legion of Merit for "exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding service as commanding officer."
In the civilized, guilty-until-proven-worse-than-Hitler West, Russia's culpability in MH17"²s crash is a foregone conclusion. Less than a week after the accident, the BBC rejoiced:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The plane was flying too high to be mistaken for a military transport plane. Soviet transport planes can be distinguished by their audible signature very clearly.

Have you not considered that BUK SAM does not rely on visuals for targeting? So it does not matter if people on the ground cannot see it or cannot clearly hear its acoustic signature. If it shows up in the radar scope of the BUK SAM then it can be shot down. The problem is that the built in radar on BUK batteries is incapable of distinguishing civilian from military aircraft.

JBH22

White widow: $1m bounty on the head of 'sniper who killed Samantha Lewthwaite in Ukraine'

A $1million bounty has been put on the head of a sniper who was said to have shot dead British terror suspect the White Widow.

Samantha Lewthwaite, the world's most wanted woman, was reportedly gunned down by a Russian marksman in war-ravaged Ukraine in Eastern Europe.

The shock claim, by respected Moscow news agency Regnum, was being probed by Western intelligence agencies.

According to Regnum, the 30-year-old was killed two weeks ago after joining the conflict in Ukraine, fighting for a pro-government group.

It said: "One of the world's most wanted terrorists Samantha Lewthwaite , who fought as part of a Ukrainian battalion, has been killed by a volunteer sniper.

"According to our information, the White Widow fought on the side of Ukrainian volunteer battalion Aidar as a sniper."

It went on: "The Russian sniper who killed the British terrorist now has a price of nearly one million dollars on his head from Ukrainian special services." The bounty is worth around £630,000.

Muslim convert Lewthwaite – who was married to London 7/7 suicide bomber Germaine Lindsay – went on the run three years ago after being linked to a failed plot to blow up hotels and a shopping centre in Mombasa, Kenya, in 2011.

The mum-of-four has reportedly been seen across Kenya and Somalia after allegedly becoming a top commander within al-Shabaab – the terror gang behind the Nairobi mall atrocity, when at least 67 people died in September last year.

Interpol effectively made her the world's most wanted woman after the horror.

Experts said the latest claims could be plausible if it was found Lewthwaite travelled to Ukraine to join radical Islamists fighting against Russia. Whitehall sources said the reports were "acknowledged but so far unverifiable".

The White Widow's dad, former British soldier Andrew Lewthwaite, 58, said at his house in Aylesbury, Bucks: "I have heard nothing. No one has told me anything. I'm not saying anything."

Lewthwaite allegedly left Britain in 2009 before being linked to atrocities in Africa. Reports last month claimed she had joined Islamic State fighters in Syria and was one of its most powerful women.

Reports of her death came amid masses of propaganda from Moscow and Kiev over the Ukrainian crisis. And counter-terrorism expert Prof Anthony Glees said the claims could be a "diversion" by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

He warned: "Putin is using reports like the sighting of the White Widow to disguise the fact Russian tanks are pouring over the Ukrainian border with a view to taking Donetsk. We must not be distracted.

"Putin sees we are in disarray over the growing threat of terrorism and is trying to exploit our weakness."
White widow: $1m bounty on the head of 'sniper who killed Samantha Lewthwaite in Ukraine' - Mirror Online

So even Jihadis are joining neo nazis to repress the russian speaking people. So much for the freedom fighters supported by US and EU.

I guess they will put this as Putin propaganda even though we know who are doing the real evil in Ukraine :)

sgarg

Have you not considered that BUK SAM does not rely on visuals for targeting? So it does not matter if people on the ground cannot see it or cannot clearly hear its acoustic signature. If it shows up in the radar scope of the BUK SAM then it can be shot down. The problem is that the built in radar on BUK batteries is incapable of distinguishing civilian from military aircraft.
The Ukrainians built the Buk so they knew everything about this missile. So the incident was fabricated to look like a Buk hit.

However you make a mistake. An air to air missile will cause similar damage as a Buk. SAM and AtoA missiles are very similar in warheads.

The rebels have been firing ONLY on planes they COULD DISTINGUISH. This is why no other civilian plane has been hit except MH17.

The accusation that rebels shot down the plane is complete nonsense.

pmaitra

@Razor, what a remarkable source, man. I will have enough to chuckle over my weekend.

Somebody Is Jamming Those German Drones in East Ukraine

Very expensive and completely useless. How stupid does NATO think the Russians are?

This gem from the Wall Street Journal , (behind paywall), - a dependable bullhorn for Pentagon talking points, trots out the usual baloney about Russia invading Ukraine again, (what is this, the 30th time this year?)
The OSCE began launching unmanned aerial vehicles in late October to boost its information-gathering. But one of the drones was targeted by antiaircraft fire on Nov. 2 in an area 17 kilometers (10.5 miles) east of the strategic city of Mariupol, escaping any damage.

The OSCE grounded the drones several days ago, largely because their information systems were being jammed. The contractor supplying the aircraft described the jamming as highly sophisticated.

"They say it is high-grade military-specification jamming, so it isn't an amateur job," Mr. Zannier said. "We are working to find countermeasures so we can continue to use" the drones.

Asked who has such jamming capability in the region, Mr. Zannier said, "I can't speculate. I can imagine who has it, but I can't say for sure."

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The Ukrainians built the Buk so they knew everything about this missile. So the incident was fabricated to look like a Buk hit.

However you make a mistake. An air to air missile will cause similar damage as a Buk. SAM and AtoA missiles are very similar in warheads.

The rebels have been firing ONLY on planes they COULD DISTINGUISH. This is why no other civilian plane has been hit except MH17.

The accusation that rebels shot down the plane is complete nonsense.

That's been discussed here in prior pages. But I'm afraid I maybe again courting the disciplinary fiat of mods here for repeating matters that were already discussed exhaustively in previous pages (believe it or not I was suspended for exactly just that before). Anyway, if you want to understand by POV, you can scroll down on previous pages. If you don't have the patience then that's okay.

sgarg

That's been discussed here in prior pages. But I'm afraid I maybe again courting the disciplinary fiat of mods here for repeating matters that were already discussed exhaustively in previous pages (believe it or not I was suspended for exactly just that before). Anyway, if you want to understand by POV, you can scroll down on previous pages. If you don't have the patience then that's okay.
I do not need to understand your POV. I have already understood your POV from your various posts.

It is not difficult to distinguish propaganda from facts.

sgarg

@Akim - you say you get your FACTS from "WITNESSES"!

Who are you man? What is your rank in the Ukrainian government??

pmaitra

Yeah, it went online recently. Still in beta version as you can see.
I think some folks here are DFI have worked hard to debunk the sophisticated trolling by BBC, NYT, and their ilk.

Good to see more of such new sites coming up and exposing the western concoctions.

Can't keep fooling the world forever.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I do not need to understand your POV. I have already understood your POV from your various posts.

It is not difficult to distinguish propaganda from facts.

I know, just look at the futile propaganda of Putin...

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@Akim - you say you get your FACTS from "WITNESSES"!

Who are you man? What is your rank in the Ukrainian government??
No I rank haven't. However, I live among people and communicate with them, including, those who remained in the occupied Donetsk.

pmaitra

No I rank haven't. However, I live among people and communicate with them, including, those who remained in the occupied Donetsk.
You need to talk to the people in liberated Donetsk. That is where you will find most of the victims of the Kiev regime's shelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles