Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

Gautam Sarkar

Country flag
India gifts #COVID PCR Test Kits to Nepal. Will enable Nepali Health Professionals to conduct PCR test on 30,000 people: Indian mission in Nepal

Nepal FM thanks India for providing medical logistics and testing kits for 30,000 tests

Manfred Weber Senior German conservative & head of the centre-right EPP grouping in the EU Parliament said that he was in favour of declaring 12 month ban on Chinese investors wanting to buy European firms.

“A senior Chinese official appeared to confirm Secre-tary of State Mike Pompeo’s allegation that Beijing had told labs in the country to destroy coronavirus samples in early January but slammed his characterization as misleading.”

INS Jalashwa enters Kochi: This is the 2nd visit of Navy Ship from Maldives in this month to bring back Indians.

captscooby81

Country flag
The point of lockdown is not to let the virus spread to every coroner of the country . Especially to the villages where there is zero health care facility . We are already seeing how MH is crying saying their hospitals are running out of beds and they want military hospitals stadiums and every other place where they can keep people .

Hope you are following the news of migrants who returned to trichy and coimbatore from MH tested positive last week .Hope you read how 45 migrants who returned from MH to bihar tested positive

I know it was tough for migrant . My company paid them 1000 rupees a week and gave them all rations for 2 months and we started work on May 3rd guess what out of 3000 hardly 200 turned up to work. they want to go home and started creating ruckus in the site and police had to be called .And slowly day by day they started leaving hoping on the trucks ? when did travelling in trucks was safe in this country ? when did sleeping on train tracks were safe ?

There is no humane in any type of death . Go and ask the families of 2900 people who had died so far in Wuhan virus how they had to see their last moments of their life in isolated place with no loved ones around . How their families had faced hardships in burying them or cremating them with so much trouble.

If gov't intention was to let people die in wuhan virus they would have not done a lockdown and left it like USA we and would have seen 1 lakh to 2 lakh deaths easily by now . would that be acceptable ?

I know it looks terrible to see those deaths . But come on its not someone wanted them to die like that and forced upon them .

You know how many migrant indian's died due to wuhan virus abroad ? its more than the number of deaths we had seen so far in these accidents . Didn't they deserve a humane death in their homes rather dying in desert land ?

Meanwhile,human misery continues,

At this juncture,whats the point of lockdown?

Let them die of corona,at their place of choosing,it'll be much more humane :(

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
CoViD +ve to Test ratio in India is consistent between 4%-4.5%. Yesterday there were additional 700 cases due to randomised testing of vegetable sellers in Ahmedabad spread over few days.
Too much maths :yawn:

When are we able to go out again safely ??

Fuck you China :rage:

captscooby81

Country flag
When voting times comes our FM babus will get stuck in loo or in lift and will not vote against uncle bat soup

:shock: :shock:
We are backing the Aus ?? So I guess it wasn't all talk :

Coalition of 62 nations backs Australia’s push for COVID-19 probe

Australia has secured strong global backing for an independent inquiry into the coronavirus, with 62 nations coming together to co-sponsor a motion calling for the review at the World Health Assembly on Tuesday.

The new draft resolution updates an earlier EU version with significantly toughened language, and is backed by key nations including India, Japan, Britain, Canada, New Zealand, Indonesia, Russia, and all 27 EU member states.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Over 1000 people die in India per day due to TB alone and no one gives a fuck because they are mostly poor.
Now we have a disease which does not discriminate and all middle-rich class people want lockdown. They can fall back on their savings or can wfh and only poor will suffer.

Lockdown 4.0 is ANTI-POOR

captscooby81

Country flag
We are not very far away from Anti lockdown protest . Right now they are happening in USA, France and UK we will see them very soon . May be in 5 days when special festival is due we will see the glimpse of its starting .
Not sure all Middle class wants lockdown . i am going to work since May 3rd my company has asked me to report back. May be few people who are enjoying getting salary without any work may want this lockdown to extend . Other's who are facing salary cuts badly want to go back to work so that they can pay their EMIs and survive .

rich no idea i don't know anyone in that segment

Over 1000 people die in India per day due to TB alone and no one gives a fuck because they are mostly poor.
Now we have a disease which does not discriminate and all middle-rich class people want lockdown. They can fall back on their savings or can wfh and only poor will suffer.

Lockdown 4.0 is ANTI-POOR

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
We are not very far away from Anti lockdown protest . Right now they are happening in USA, France and UK we will see them very soon . May be in 5 days when special festival is due we will see the glimpse of its starting .
Not sure all Middle class wants lockdown . i am going to work since May 3rd my company has asked me to report back. May be few people who are enjoying getting salary without any work may want this lockdown to extend . Other's who are facing salary cuts badly want to go back to work so that they can pay their EMIs and survive .

rich no idea i don't know anyone in that segment
There is a difference between India & t he west. Our elderly live with us, theirs don’t.

there may be attempts at instigating anti-lockdown protests, but hopefully logic will prevail and will not succeed.

can’t put our elderly at risk.

captscooby81

Country flag
wasn't it the primary reason for the lockdown not to carry the virus into your homes and put your parents and other elders in death bed .i read somewhere we have 7 % population which is above 60 years which translates to roughly 8 crores isn't that a dangerous number even if we take 4-5 % of 8 crores that's easily around 30-40 lakh people . Do we have health infrastructure to treat 30-40 lakh people ? Plus this virus has proven deadly for all age groups most of our countries deaths are in 40 year age group .

can’t put our elderly at risk.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Seems like there is no science behind anyone's logic right now.

22yr old girl from building few steps away from mine found +VE yesterday. No travel history, no contact with others, no other illness, fit and healthy, home locked from 2 months; still infected.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Seems like there is no science behind anyone's logic right now.

22yr old girl from building few steps away from mine found +VE yesterday. No travel history, no contact with others, no other illness, fit and healthy, home locked from 2 months; still infected.
how do you know if she didn’t have contact with others ?

THE NATION NEEDS TO KNOW...

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
how do you know if she didn’t have contact with others ?

THE NATION NEEDS TO KNOW...
:dude:

Its serious matter in Mumbai. People and societies have been taking good measures. Neighbohoods have been alert since March. You may ignore anecdotal narrative as per preference.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
:dude:

Its serious matter in Mumbai. People and societies have been taking good measures. Neighbohoods have been alert since March. You may ignore anecdotal narrative as per preference.
Mumbai is doomed
Move to Pune (arguably the best city in India) while you still have time. :lehappy:

indiatester

Country flag
5/15/2020 85940 30152 53035 3970 1634 2752

Total cases today at 85940 (prev: 81970) and
  • Active Status
    53035 Active Cases (prev: 51401)
  • Inactive Status
    30152 Cured / Discharged
  • Death Status
    2752 Deaths
  • Inactive Status
    1 Migrated

Thats a jump of total 3970/1634 active. Same yesterday was (3967/2182) compared to day before(3722/1739) .

Check the 2nd plot for the growth numbers (active alone)

View attachment 47969

COVID-19 INDIA as on : 16 May 2020, 08:00 IST (GMT+5:30)
5/16/2020 90927 34108 53946 4987 911 2872

Total cases today at 90927 (prev: 85940) and
  • Active Status
    53946 Active Cases (prev: 53035)
  • Inactive Status
    34108 Cured / Discharged
  • Death Status
    2872 Deaths
  • Inactive Status
    1 Migrated

Thats a jump of total 4987/911 active. Same yesterday was (3970/1634) compared to day before(3967/2182) .
Interesting to see that numbers added was pretty high, but so were the discharges. Hence active number grew the lowest of last 19 days!!!
Check the 2nd plot for the growth numbers (active alone)

1589722501296.png

COVID-19 INDIA as on : 17 May 2020, 08:00 IST (GMT+5:30)

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Mumbai is doomed
Move to Pune (arguably the best city in India) while you still have time. :lehappy:
Dude this city is fucked. I am moving my family to farm house as early as possible.

I am convinced big cities are menace. There doesn't seem like any cure any time soon. Govt is also clueless.

Jaan hai toh jahaan hai ! :sad:

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The point of lockdown is not to let the virus spread to every coroner of the country . Especially to the villages where there is zero health care facility . We are already seeing how MH is crying saying their hospitals are running out of beds and they want military hospitals stadiums and every other place where they can keep people .

Hope you are following the news of migrants who returned to trichy and coimbatore from MH tested positive last week .Hope you read how 45 migrants who returned from MH to bihar tested positive

I know it was tough for migrant . My company paid them 1000 rupees a week and gave them all rations for 2 months and we started work on May 3rd guess what out of 3000 hardly 200 turned up to work. they want to go home and started creating ruckus in the site and police had to be called .And slowly day by day they started leaving hoping on the trucks ? when did travelling in trucks was safe in this country ? when did sleeping on train tracks were safe ?

There is no humane in any type of death . Go and ask the families of 2900 people who had died so far in Wuhan virus how they had to see their last moments of their life in isolated place with no loved ones around . How their families had faced hardships in burying them or cremating them with so much trouble.

If gov't intention was to let people die in wuhan virus they would have not done a lockdown and left it like USA we and would have seen 1 lakh to 2 lakh deaths easily by now . would that be acceptable ?

I know it looks terrible to see those deaths . But come on its not someone wanted them to die like that and forced upon them .

You know how many migrant indian's died due to wuhan virus abroad ? its more than the number of deaths we had seen so far in these accidents . Didn't they deserve a humane death in their homes rather dying in desert land ?
Either enforce a full lockdown or let the people go about their life.
I am one those supported the lockdown(still asking for a full lockdown) but opposed for lifting it on the basis half baked data.

Im currently living in my hometown,which is a rural area.
According to the government data,my district is marked Orange but in reality it should be in red zone. The supposed cases reached way above the breaking point.
(my relatives work in the health department,and visited few of those quarantine facilities myself)

All of my nearest college's and schools are working as make shift quarantine facilities.

Day before yesterday,5 positive cases were found in my nearest villages(within 4km or so).including a pregnant woman.

Revenue department officials came and physically cut down the access roads to those villages.

Including those 5 cases there 50+ cases in my 10km radius(which hosts 7 quarantine facilities)

All this ruckus in a quiet rural area,hence the myth of "yet to reach the villages" myth have been already busted. Community transmission has already started.

Current situation is way over our heads.

Migrants on the road or not ,we are doomed.

So my point is,why bother those souls along the way?

First of all,the logic of "certain states are pristine from infection,so allowing migrants will enhance the transmission" is a bogus statement. Those states do not even have grass root government set up.(like local revenue dept vao's,health dept. BDO offices etc)

If they don't have such set up how they could be sure of the infection rate ?

I'll go briefly on the migrant issue.

The way I see it,Welfare of any migrant belongs to three entities,
1.)Central government(mainly transportation,railways)​
2.) State government of their origin​
3.)state government of their work place.​
If the central government kept the lockdown seriously,I wouldn't have cared for the migrant plight. But they didn't.​

The central government gave nod for lifting the lockdown without proper planning and data.​

we know what happened next, biggest example of the blunder is opening of booze houses.(I guess you might have seen the videos of tamils flocking into Ap wine shops)​

If people get to have booze during a lockdown what's wrong for a migrant want to get home in this miserable time period?​

i think your point is "even the host state/employers pay,them they wouldn't stay so there is fault lies on there side too"​

most of the decision makers are well educated kota certified civil service officials.​

Even their excellent suggestion after a lockdown is" lets open those drunk vomit shops,lets see what happens,"​
If the educated, well paid official thinks like that,imagine what is the thought process of a underpaid migrant worker?​
I heard stories of relatives (grandmas,grandpas,fathers,mothers)crying on the phone day/night begging them to come home. ie,they don't want them "suffer" in a unknown place.​
Its a psychological thing, anothers cannot understand why they risking their life to get home.​
If they wanna go home so what?​
What's wrong with that thought? They been here for 7-8 months on end and some for years.​
In a time of crisis people get home sick very easily. that's logical and expected.​
My question is very simple.from the day one, Why haven't they formulated a plan to move those migrants in a orderly mmanne?​
Government could have moved them in tranches and held them in the district level quarantine centres. Heck they work hard and bring moolahs to their poverty ridden state.​
At least they deserved to be treated with bit of a dignity.​
Is it too much to ask for a train ride?​
We elected governments for the welfare of our people.​
To take care of us in the hour of crisis. If the government fails on the prospect,we should question them and hold them accountable for​
their mistakes.​
Just because our favorite government is in the helm,it doesn't mean we give them a free pass.​
If educated people(specifically from rw camp) like us don't question the government,what's point of questioning liberals for their unbridled support for "the familia"?​

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just realised that of all the inefficiencies that we think our governance systems have, isn’t it amazing how efficiently lockdown was handled !!!!

So British influence in governance continues , good at suppressing freedoms, bad a encouraging growth & reforms.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles