Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy2

Looks like straight out of cartoons...

A typical soldier could carry 20 kgs of gear (flat ground) on long patrol. This includes his gun, armor, ammo and other stuff.

This suit alone might weight more than 20kgs. Anyone would say that this helmet limits visibility.

Even if we assume these are for elite forces like Para, Marcos, Garud

I doubt they would go this cartoon suit.

My cousin is in AF and qualified for 21k airdrop with full load.

He explained that carrying 18k load for 16 hrs was hell. He felt his helmet too heavy even in high threat environment.

I go with his words, don't ask more.

Gurus, If I miss something on this armor, please add.
u don't get it , neither u are a gamer ..I think

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Looks like straight out of cartoons...

A typical soldier could carry 20 kgs of gear (flat ground) on long patrol. This includes his gun, armor, ammo and other stuff.

This suit alone might weight more than 20kgs. Anyone would say that this helmet limits visibility.

Even if we assume these are for elite forces like Para, Marcos, Garud

I doubt they would go this cartoon suit.

My cousin is in AF and qualified for 21k airdrop with full load.

He explained that carrying 18k load for 16 hrs was hell. He felt his helmet too heavy even in high threat environment.

I go with his words, don't ask more.

Gurus, If I miss something on this armor, please add.
Boi you've never heard of this?

A quick introduction to MJOLNIR armour

mayfair

I suppose Napakis enjoy some localised tactical advantages due to the terrain favouring them as some of their posts in this sector are located at higher elevations, looking down at Indian posts below. This is where they fire.

Plus, Poonch region has extensive Hindu population, so they are being targeted as well.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

again again ..ceasefire violation.... why first violation occurs at poonch any idea
@Bornubus[/USER]

2 reasons, retaliation and response on LoC warfare is generally proportionate meaning localized, calibre to calibr, that's why one area of LoC relatively calm while other is hot, Poonch area in this case. There are many sectors on LoC where not a single bullet fired in almost 2 decades.

However there are exceptions to this unwritten rule.

As for why Poonch this time and why LoC in this area is guarded by country's largest Brigade ?

For one, this is one area where Pak Army occupied few dominated ridges which overlook Indian posts and civilian araes, this makes some of the areas vulnerable and sensitive. From such dominating heights they easily observe our movement and activities. Here a lot of elements of Mujahid force regt are deployed, they are locals and know the terrain and sometimes know people on both sides, Also known for several sniping incidents.

However, there are some sectors where Indian army also dominate the other side, For example - Balnoi Sector, here we can easily target Pak areas which is mostly civilian area.

So how do we compensate for our disadvantage ?

Simply we deployed more troops than Pakistan here under country's one of the biggest brigade - 93 Infantry Brigade.

We have constructed more posts than Pakistan so as to fire in mutual support, whenever Pakistan army fire from their posts.

Also, one more interesting thing about this sector and for this simple reason in 1971 Indian army decided to permanently annexed a key post from Pakistan Army - The Nangi Tekri Post. It was captured permanently never to be returned to Pakistan

Very few instance when both armies bitterly fought on western front and in Kashmir during 1971 war

@hammer head

51lTk1507181063.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles