Not open for further replies.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
if 100 of them are put on Night patrolling what is the Problem

You can have Three day duty and then another 100 soldiers
can do this for Next three days
This is not how it works buddy.
Who is going to pay night allowance to them? And who will be put on night duty? Regular soldiers or SF or Para SF?

Icarus

Country flag
Yeah thats why afghan army bases keep on getting attacked nd evry time 100s of soldiers died, i remember two recent ones nd in one of them over 150 soldiers died nd what did the mighty afghans do,nothing, also bomblasts happen their routinely nd with heavy casaulities, so get that afghan dick out of ur mouth, now coming to pakistan jst see the casaulties in operation zarb e kabz nd mind u they used their airforce nd tanks nd still suffered that many casaulities coupled with the fact they always hide or downplay their casaulities, also ur paki bases has also been attacked including their ghq so now u can also take paki balls out of your mouth, this incident is unfortunate, all we can do is wait nd hope army release statements about paki casaulties, i didnt even know hemraj was avenged until recently, my point is any attack from their side get full nd free publicity from our esteemed media nd they jst hide it, when was the last time pakis said their soldiers are beheaded and u can see our media going bat bat bat, nd pakis made videos based on those reports that how feared their bat is, also as the army chief said we killed 138 of their regular uniformed soldiers while lost 28 of our own last year in addition killed 215 or so terrorists in kashmir and many on loc while infiltrating, now chk the media reports on our side nd their side, u can see how great, ur paki balls are.
They kill our soldiers, we kill theirs. And it goes on and on and on. No territorial gain for India, plus Pak fights India on Indian soil while India helplessly watches. And yet the army can only do chest thumping, not much else.

Jaymax

As soon as I saw the article on RM releasing funds, I was pretty sure someone on the forum would blame the current dispensation as if they have not released funds earlier.

I am telling you as a person who religiously tracked IA procurements via tenders for over year and a half, enough is being done by IA.

As i said, if you have time go and check the IA tenders for past 1.5 years.

If you are still not satisfied, either you are not interested in the truth or your election season has started on the forum.
It is you who is indulging in election politics - unable to take any criticism is the hallmark of the current govt and its cronies. yes congress is garbage but how is the current govt doing any better on these issues.

attacks keep on happening and we keep on reacting to them. intelligence keeps on giving inputs, army keeps on highlighting pressing needs. You can keep happy with your tenders

The army can be called out to build railway bridges in Mumbai but not be allowed to upgrade its perimeters itself ?

Calling the army to build a bridge (that too after an accident) is about electioneering not pointing out gaps that ought to be filled.

Before accusing me you need to take a reality check and step out of your nice little world of tenders - where you equate efforts with results.

Efforts that dont deliver Results in time are of no use. The sooner Indian govt accepts it the better it is for all Indians

pankaj nema

Country flag
Definitely you r an idiot, in which world army is putting 100s soldier's sentry duty? You r too emotional, venting out your frustration on modi by posting nonsense and illogical posts. This is an intelligence and police failure
And you are a BLoodyy idiot

In Kashmir intelligence gathering has become very difficult
simply because the population is Hostile

And Police is already stretched with law and order and stone pelters

This is a failure of an Over confident Base commander or Division commander

And if funds were denied by Northern Command HQ then they are accountable

And 100 out of 5000 on a rotational basis is not a big deal
Especially for Night duty

All attacks happen at night

In day time you dont need even 20 people patrolling on bikes

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
It is you who is indulging in election politics - unable to take any criticism is the hallmark of the current govt and its cronies. yes congress is garbage but how is the current govt doing any better on these issues.

attacks keep on happening and we keep on reacting to them. intelligence keeps on giving inputs, army keeps on highlighting pressing needs. You can keep happy with your tenders
No doubt doval is doing good which is irking Pakistan and China so through such actions they want to show that current govt weak. Remember Manishankar told to Pakis that please remove BJP.Even China is jealous of Modi. So raised the level of Xi Jingping to show him influential.

You need to realize that you are dealing with both China and Pak same time. This time it is not just Pak.

The momentum has increased everywhere. The only trouble I have is India misses opportunity.

pankaj nema

Country flag
This is not how it works buddy.
Who is going to pay night allowance to them? And who will be put on night duty? Regular soldiers or SF or Para SF?
What allowance

You make a service rule that all large bases with X number of soldiers will use their own soldiers ; own staff for Sentry duty

And this can be done on a rotational basis ; maximum one week

It is not a full time job

This whole Tamasha of yesterday Drones and Helicopters
and Special forces are RUSHING IN to save their A$$ all this looks so bloody cheap

If we cannot put 100 out of 5000 for Night duty then just keep dying like this

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
You make a service rule that all large bases with X number of soldiers will use their own soldiers ; own staff for Sentry duty

And this can be done on a rotational basis ; maximum one week
Bhai yeh na hilate apni tashreef jab tak marney ki nobat na ajati. Be it military or bureaucracy. This is democracy and it will work like this. You can't do anything about 'we'.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Attack is happened in Jammu idiot. Also its not a army camp like where soldiers only stay. Its an residential head quarters where familys r staying. If Jammu police cant detect this attackers its their fault.
Then it is a Much Bigger Fuck up on the Army's part

It is like Inviting trouble and not ready to face it when it comes

If you have Families living in then it is your Own job to Protect them

It is not the police responsibility

Police did not ask them to keep families or Not undertake patrolling

very good ; This once incidence will put some sense in their MACHO heads

You take your enemy lightly and then suffer

IndiaRising

Country flag
Wow, better change this forum name to bjp fan boys forum. The amount bs spewed by bjp supporters against army in this thread is testimony of this
no party is above nation. we need someone like Colonel shekhawat as Defense minister. sitharaman reeks of ineptitude. this government has somebody like Gen VK Singh and they are using him in EAM!!!!!

pankaj nema

Country flag
Solution is to keep them busy somewhere else. Divert their attention.
if we do not improve our security ; we will have More such attacks

It is very simple ; The enemy does a RECCE of the target

When they see No or very lax security ; they hit the target

You can do anything in baluchistan or else where
But they will hit you Only at your weak spots

They have dedicated Men and resources for targetting India

pankaj nema

Country flag
Only better intelligence will prevent this.
Intelligence is a Very Generic term

Intelligence alerts are always there ; round the year

But they are of a Broad nature

No specific or precise intelligence is ever available

What the Rashtriya Rifles does is they sweep all over the Territory in search of targets ; once there is some intelligence

We will have to do such patrolling in the Jammu area also

Raise 20 More RR battalions

IndiaRising

Country flag
Intelligence is a Very Generic term

Intelligence alerts are always there ; round the year

But they are of a Broad nature

No specific or precise intelligence is ever available

What the Rashtriya Rifles does is they sweep all over the Territory in search of targets ; once there is some intelligence

We will have to do such patrolling in the Jammu area also

Raise 20 More RR battalions
with the current budget of armed forces, you cannot raise anything.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
if we do not improve our security ; we will have More such attacks

It is very simple ; The enemy does a RECCE of the target

When they see No or very lax security ; they hit the target

You can do anything in baluchistan or else where
But they will hit you Only at your weak spots

They have dedicated Men and resources for targetting India

That's nothing new. Op Gibraltar was in similar line.
Even if 10k are ready to infiltrate IA can handle. Which will ultimately lead to skirmish.
By the way this is due to missed opportunities to resolve the territorial dispute.

You can't have laddos in both the hands. And this is what I mostly post. I had only one fear that earlier it was just Pakistan which you could handle now it's both China and Pak. Time's up. Because one side you have economy to protect other side territory.

My thought is 2008 was the best time to resolve it once for all.

Pandeyji

Country flag
Question is not about causality but ability to reach deep and hit. Not 4-5 kms but 100+kms
We could doesn't mean we should. To explain better, answer me, if you could cure something through lotions would you go for surgery on the same? For better or for worse army & our political establishment realise that the current approach is more economical & sure to give results. That is the reason behind the recent spike in ceasefire violations & fidayeen attacks b/c dogs fight harder when they are cornered especially mad ones.

pankaj nema

Country flag
This point I don’t disagree.....
After yesterday's attack ; all the Ego and arrogance of the Army
officers will vanish and they will come to their senses

The enemy is still alive it is Only Hiding

And it will Hit you again and again

So improve your security or keep dying

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

The army can be called out to build railway bridges in Mumbai but not be allowed to upgrade its perimeters itself ?

Calling the army to build a bridge (that too after an accident) is about electioneering not pointing out gaps that ought to be filled.

Before accusing me you need to take a reality check and step out of your nice little world of tenders - where you equate efforts with results.

Efforts that dont deliver Results in time are of no use. The sooner Indian govt accepts it the better it is for all Indians
There was existing committee report(which recommended upgrading of security of army bases) which was existing prior to Pathankot and uri.

Post uri govt gave green signal, IA was asked to prioritise. They started the work more than a year back. The work is still ongoing.

This is the history....

I really don’t care about the politics...

tigerhill

Country flag
I felt very disheartened yesterday. The cost being imposed on us is just immense. But frankly, I was traveling in the Delhi metro yesterday. And all that I saw included people talking about work, or some monument, or watching big bang theory on their phones. Some were busy with idle whatsapping. Its like no one seemed to care that this country is almost in a state of war, with men dying daily. Somewhere I feel that till the local people start caring, a more aggressive posture in terms of reclaiming territory will never be taken. All that will remain is us feeling a sense of false satisfaction that we hit back. Hitting back is a joke. We have to demonstrate the will of hitting first and continuously. Only then will the next30 years belong to us. Else we'd again be left with the Sultanate ruling us

Status
Not open for further replies.