Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country flag
It's not harsh at all

My village is almost 3000+ meters and it's just another kind of winter. above 3500 you get the harsh effects. People from north can easily stay there and chinese too.

They haven't fallen back, the positions are always occupied. Only due to snow it's not clear but if you magnify then you will see something atleast.
I have heat map, dokhlam is very quiet, no activity at all this winter.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I have heat map, dokhlam is very quiet, no activity at all this winter.
the heat map fools the observer if you are observing the Himalayas, due to uneven wind chills and topography and very high intesnsity of sunlight on a clear day. And when it snows it stays at 3000 meters for 2-3 days and then it snows again so all houses are mostly covered with snow hence heat signature fails.
and that region especially sikkim has semi cluster and scattered population so it fails.

Country flag
the heat map fools the observer if you are observing the Himalayas, due to uneven wind chills and topography and very high intesnsity of sunlight on a clear day. And when it snows it stays at 3000 meters for 2-3 days and then it snows again so all houses are mostly covered with snow hence heat signature fails.
and that region especially sikkim has semi cluster and scattered population so it fails.
The same map shows very high Indian activity in the same area, similarly high Chinese activity can be seen in Chumbi valley and other disputed area with Bhutan.

What you are saying is guess work, I have authentic data which suggests other wise. I can even see Russian military bases in Kamchatka, what the hell are you talking man It is -50 degree there, the cooler the earth the better heat signature.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
-50 degree there, the cooler the earth the better heat signature
the heat signature are of different types, the army barracks there in dokalam are either fiber or woods when they get covered with snow you get very little amount of heat signature the magnitude will be reduced. But it's 200% sure that Chinese are there at doklam and have not moved back. They never go. The weather there is not harsh. I have seen the nearby areas. It's not extreme.

SanjeevM

Country flag
my post says not even thousand would be the causality if there is war. But if India remains mum then it is more troublesome.
Surgical strike and PDF created a new normal wherein soldiers cross LOC frequently now. If we get opportunity, we should capture their posts and move LOC further.

Country flag
the heat signature are of different types, the army barracks there in dokalam are either fiber or woods when they get covered with snow you get very little amount of heat signature the magnitude will be reduced. But it's 200% sure that Chinese are there at doklam and have not moved back. They never go. The weather there is not harsh. I have seen the nearby areas. It's not extreme.
:doh: If you find any fiber or wood army barracks do post the photos, and since you live nearby, It won't be a bad idea to get some selfie shots aswell. :truestory:

mayfair

Nah.....
I could bet that these are the biggest cowards. They will start crying like schoolgirls once they see death before them.
The upper brass definitely- the handlers and all, but the footsoldiers largely come from impoverished, unwashed backgrounds and most have seen little luxuries in life. They are brainwashed to the extreme and willing to do anything to get their 72.

Pandeyji

Country flag
The upper brass definitely- the handlers and all, but the footsoldiers largely come from impoverished, unwashed backgrounds and most have seen little luxuries in life. They are brainwashed to the extreme and willing to do anything to get their 72.
Remember Kasab? How he cried after he was caught. Even now in Kashmir many of these "fidayeen" do not even fight when army surrounds them & instead call their sangbaz to save them. Although I agree their are many real brainwashed jihadis; but most of them are their for money ala Kasab or to impress girls ala Burhan.

mayfair

Kasab was one example, the remaining 9 died and we do not know what they were thinking. Burhan Wani died sobbing, but if you recall Abu Dujana refused to surrender, despite admitting that what he was fighting for was a farce and his disillusionment for the "cause".

I think you'll find all types, but the ones who fight as if they have nothing to lose are more likely to go down fighting with the aim of taking as many kaafir as they can with them. It's these types who become suicide bombers and launch fidayeen attacks.

Of course Hafeez and Dawood types are cowards in the sense that they are smart enough not to swallow the same bullshit they dole out to their underlings. Their jobs are to find willing bakras for their cause and equip them for the purpose.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

Very true. In fact more than 50000 soldiers will die and economy will be pushed back several decades and will make India weak and vulnerable to external threats and can even lead to breakage of Indian union with south India and North East being lost.

Best option is status quo.
Apart from Kerala, I would advise not being paranoid about South India. People in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka are no less nationalistic than in Gujarat or Uttar Pradesh.

Country flag
Is this road construction with Chinese help ?
I don't see any new road, probably troop movement, there were some avalanche in this area recently, So it could be rescue work and repairing the road etc.

This is how It looks, the redish lines indicate heat generated by frequent troop movements in the area.

screenshot-labs.strava.com-2018-01-30-15-03-08.png

Compare that to the Jogging done by SSG in this area of PoK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles