Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Some changes in leadership which will be taking calls on your requests regarding surgical strikes, post capture etc... hope they come to this forum once in a while... all the best to them for their new assignments.

Former 3 Corps (Dimapur) commander Lt-Gen Anil Chauhan has taken over as the new DGMO at Army HQs
His predecessor Lt-Gen Anil Bhatt will take over as the new 15 Corps (Srinagar) commander on Feb 1.
Lt-Gen Sandhu, in turn, will be the new Military Secretary.
They have to , there is no other option.

captscooby81

Country flag
@hit&run Here is the pictures from Feb 2017 to Dec 2017 in Doka La

The below pic is of the Indian side

The roads and infrastructure both have been improved in the last 10 months but more needs to be done .

Dok La IA.jpg

The below pic of the chinese side

Dok La PLA.jpg

Apart from few Big Helipads the chinese also constructed watch tower and better roads

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag

The roads and infrastructure both have been improved in the last 10 months but more needs to be done .

View attachment 22902

View attachment 22903

Apart from few Big Helipads the chinese also constructed watch tower and better roads
in the above photo

on the chinese photos

where you have written the dates, that's dokalam plateaue.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...ws-to-foil-pakistan-s-plan-1156986-2018-01-29

EXCLUSIVE: ISI-trained team of 386 terrorists waiting to infiltrate J-K, Govt vows to foil Pakistan's plan

HIGHLIGHTS
  • 386 terrorists waiting to infiltrate Jammu and Kashmir
  • Terrorists trained to use advanced American, Chinese weapons
  • Indian security forces won't spare a single one: Defence expert PK Sehgal

Indian policemen stand guard in Kashmir during a gunbattle with suspected terrorists. (File photo for representation: Reuters)

A Special Operation Team (SOT) comprising 386 terrorists trained by the Pakistani Army and the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) is waiting to infiltrate Jammu and Kashmir.

According to exclusive documents accessed by India Today, the terrorists are stationed at 13 launch pads in PoK.

The decision to train, equip and infiltrate the terrorists was taken recently at a meeting between the top brass of the Pakistan Army and the ISI, according to intelligence sources.

India Today possesses documents showing the location of the launch pads: Kel, Sardi, Dudhnial, Athmuqam, Jura, Lipa, Pachhiban, Forward Kahuta, Kotli, Khuiratta, Mandhar, Nikail, Chamankot and Jankote.

Indian security agencies have complete information about the number of terrorists stationed in each launch pad. Seventy-seven terrorists are waiting to infiltrate via Bhimbergali, 36 Keran, 35 Poonch, 34 Krishna Ghati, 33 each via Machil sector and Tangdhar, 32 Uri, 27 Naushera, 26 Rampur, 18 Naugam, 9 Gurez, 8 each via Hiranagar and Mendhar, and 5 each through Sunderbani and Samba.

Our security forces will use every means to foil Pakistan's plan. Pakistan will never succeed in its nefarious designs.
- Hansraj Ahir, Minister of State for Home Affairs

Terrorist launchpads in PoK
  • The government and defence experts said that Islamabad's attempt to infiltrate terrorists via PoK would be foiled. Minister of State for Home Affairs Hansraj Ahir told India Today that security forces would give a befitting reply to the terrorists. "Our security forces will use every means to foil Pakistan's plan. Pakistan will never succeed in its nefarious designs," he said.

According to defence expert PK Sehgal, India, which is militarily superior, should not worry at all. "Whether there are 386 or 3,086 terrorists waiting to infiltrate Jammu and Kashmir, Indian security forces will not spare a single one."

Sehgal added that the "Pakistan is isolated" and the international community is with India. "India will not wait for them to attack. India has the right to destroy all terrorists training camps and launch pads," he said.

This is the best reason to take the war inside Pakistan. We have the premise now start the assault.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
If the location is known, why not test the new guided Pinaka-II (80 km) or Garuthma (100 km) on these camps. Or GoI and IA have already done some action, whats the point of announcing these plans as it only alerts the porkis.

Country flag

View attachment 22902

View attachment 22903

This is what appears to be the Chinese plan, the 2nd line reinforces 1st and the 2nd line is reinforced from the Chumbi valley.

chinese arragngement.jpg

From what I see, totally a Childish behavior putting the life of several soldiers in danger, coz the arrangement isn't deep and would've been bombed quiet easily with troops having no where to hide.

Looks a WW1 trench holding plan, Without total air superiority over this area, and bombing Indian artillery points deep in Sikkim. I don't see how any single Chinese soldier would have made It out in one piece.

However, to stop them from doing anything which can really harm us, Gymochen and the mountain starting from that point needs to be militarized, else Chinese will try again to reach that point.
mortar position.jpg

An Indian artillery position, just for example this is quiet deep in Sikkim, and is covered by a ridge slope so no chance of counter battery fire reaching that until it drops vertically from sky.

Last edited:

HunterbroM4

Apart from Kerala, I would advise not being paranoid about South India. People in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka are no less nationalistic than in Gujarat or Uttar Pradesh.
Define Nationalism?
I dont understand the meaning of you quoting Kerala as least nationalist.
Any state who values the peoples opinion rather than religion is least nationalist?
Kerala always valued peoples values and thats why they are better developed than any other state in India. That state is not famed for communal violence and Gujarat has a major share in it. As far as I know that state is perfectly fine. And the people are not stupid and they know whats happening around them. Please dont make unnecessary comments about that state.

kalakaar

This is what appears to be the Chinese plan, the 2nd line reinforces 1st and the 2nd line is reinforced from the Chumbi valley.

From what I see, totally a Childish behavior putting the life of several soldiers in danger, coz the arrangement isn't deep and would've been bombed quiet easily with troops having no where to hide.
The second circle on right is near Bhutan and India can easily target it. But we have done nothing regarding this.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Define Nationalism?
Any state who values the peoples opinion rather than religion is least nationalist?
Kerala always valued peoples values and thats why they are better developed than any other state in India. That state is not famed for communal violence and Gujarat has a major share in it. As far as I know that state is perfectly fine. And the people are not stupid and they know whats happening around them. Please dont make unnecessary comments about that state.
Very good.

mayfair

Define Nationalism?
I do not believe that Keralites are any less or more "nationalist" than other. Do remember that Kerala sends one of the largest numbers to Indian armed forces. By the way @F-14B is a Malayali himself, he has all the right in the world to make statements about HIS OWN state.

How do you define "value people's opinion rather than religion?

[/QUOTE]Kerala always valued peoples values and thats why they are better developed than any other state in India. That state is not famed for communal violence and Gujarat has a major share in it. As far as I know that state is perfectly fine. And the people are not stupid and they know whats happening around them. Please dont make unnecessary comments about that state.[/QUOTE]

How do you define development? Kerala GDP is $115 billion, of which ~10% is contributed by overseas remittances and with an unemployment rate of 12.5%. Gujarat GDP is $200 billion, unemployment rate is 1.5% Maharashtra has a GDP of $390 billion, TN- $210 billion and Karnataka- $200 billion.

Kerala is a very beautiful state with very well developed social indices, I have loved the time I spend travelling across the state and interacting with Keralites both within and outside the state- many of whom I count as close friends. Though, the infrastructure and roads could be better.

But it's not that other states are slouches.

Regarding the communal violence, have you forgotten Marad in 2003? Oh. it's not violence if it's one sided genocide is it? Every other day we get to know of a poor RSS/BJP worker being hacked to death. Also, Kerala has the dubious distinction of sending a large number of recruits to the ISIS.

People may not be stupid, and they may know what's happening around them, but they sure are either selectively ignorant or deliberately complicit in what's happening over there.

aliyah

View attachment 22922

Looks a WW1 trench holding plan, Without total air superiority over this area, and bombing Indian artillery points deep in Sikkim. I don't see how any single Chinese soldier would have made It out in one piece.

However, to stop them from doing anything which can really harm us, Gymochen and the mountain starting from that point needs to be militarized, else Chinese will try again to reach that point.
View attachment 22924

An Indian artillery position, just for example this is quiet deep in Sikkim, and is covered by a ridge slope so no chance of counter battery fire reaching that until it drops vertically from sky.
doklam was just show of strength by India that convinced lots of Asian members about India's ability to counter china. As many member States started surrendering to china after Mongolian incident.
so will india again go to doklam.....answer is No. India had achieved what it wanted to......and we are in no mood to go for real fight with China at this time. + when China given Bhutan 20bil $ offer Bhutan was in mood to backstab india. so now if anything happens in Bhutan then let them cry in front of world first then we will think to help or not and to what extinct

Pandeyji

Country flag
Define Nationalism?
PFI rings a bell? Arabic signs on shops, renaming of cities, towns, villages & streets to Arabic (not Malyalam), the situation is not rosy. And the economy is not something to boat about when half of Kerala is in gulf.

vikata

Country flag
why india didnot annex bhutan???
in my opinion we should have done this right next after independence
both bhutan and nepal should have been indian parts long ago

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
why india didnot annex bhutan???
in my opinion we should have done this right next after independence
both bhutan and nepal should have been indian parts long ago
We did not accept Sikkim untill the times of ABV. Who would think of annexing Bhutan when we had leaders who thought " not even a blade of grass grows there" mentality.

Mikesingh

Country flag
If the location is known, why not test the new guided Pinaka-II (80 km) or Garuthma (100 km) on these camps. Or GoI and IA have already done some action, whats the point of announcing these plans as it only alerts the porkis.
Congress had no balls. The BJP has some. But what is needed are big balls for this type of action.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
doklam was just show of strength by India that convinced lots of Asian members about India's ability to counter china. As many member States started surrendering to china after Mongolian incident.
so will india again go to doklam.....answer is No. India had achieved what it wanted to......and we are in no mood to go for real fight with China at this time. + when China given Bhutan 20bil $ offer Bhutan was in mood to backstab india. so now if anything happens in Bhutan then let them cry in front of world first then we will think to help or not and to what extinct
Foreign policy is not a kids fight. That first China annexes Bhutanese territory they cry n beg us to save them and then India enters the ring as a superstar. Simply put India has to ensure the status quo. It did so last time. While Chinese are free to build whatever they wish to on their side of Doklam and India does its own preparations to preempt any hostile action by China. Real fight ia not gonna happen. There hasnt been any fight in SCS which is more disputed in every sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles