Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

DumbPilot

Country flag
Yes they were. Japan had zero oil, and almost all of their warships were sunk. The allies had a complete naval blockade, and could of just starved Japan into surrender.
Yeah, naval blockade a country for years on end so that they give up.

Most likely the US wanted a quick surrender so Russia, and China couldn't have time to launch their own invasion.
This I can agree on. Also the fact that if their own troops chanced upon Russia/China, they would be fighting yet another war against a lot of people

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
I don't think that is true.

Japan was not "defeated" even in 1945 - or atleast the military was not going to accept defeat. They would have most likely shifted to guerrila warfare as the Allied invasion carried out in mainland Japan. Infact, the reason why there was such a heavy bombing campaign in Japan and why nuclear bombs were dropped was because of how the supply chain worked in Japan - it was not factories manufacturing things, but rather neighborhoods integrated tightly into the development chain. One neighborhood would work on thing X, the next one on item Y, and next week or next month it would all be collected and formed into the final product. In that sense, they were like the Vietnamese.

You can find lots of memoirs/resources about how it worked, however dropping the nuclear bomb or not, the outcome was still the same for the Allies - they would win, dropping two atomic bombs just cemented their power on the global food chain and prevented a lot of needless deaths for both parties anyway
That is a bullshit argument - mass murdering civilians to prevent 'needless military casuality' is called a war crime.

DumbPilot

Country flag
That is a bullshit argument - mass murdering civilians to prevent 'needless military casuality' is called a war crime.
And when have I said that it's not a war crime? Even so, the nuclear weapons dropped on Japan certainly had the desired effect. If I was an American general at that point, I would have used it too - enemy nation's civilians or my country's soldiers?

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
And when have I said that it's not a war crime? Even so, the nuclear weapons dropped on Japan certainly had the desired effect. If I was an American general at that point, I would have used it too - enemy nation's civilians or my country's soldiers?
your countries' soldiers signed up to fight, civilians did not. This is basic to modern military ethics.

And NO, the nukes did not have the desired effect. Japan surrendered within 24 hrs of Russia declaring war on them, which is 48 hrs after the nukage of Hiroshima. Nukes making Japan surrender = yankee propaganda.

DumbPilot

Country flag
your countries' soldiers signed up to fight, civilians did not. This is basic to modern military ethics.
Those civilians would have most likely formed militias. That's how it went in Vietnam too. Add to that the Soviets were also planning to go into Japan, what with their dispute over the Kurile. The nuclear bombs were the most effective solution to all of America's problems back then, despite how unethical the actions were, and horrifying the effects were(however as everyone knows, geopolitics and ethics never go hand in hand)

DumbPilot

Country flag
If the US did invade Japan, they'd be fighting schoolkids who were being trained by the military since 1939.
View attachment 194181View attachment 194184
View attachment 194185View attachment 194186
@GaudaNaresh @ww2historian @sachincba The level of indoctrination the Japanese had was equal to jihadi radicalization levels, maybe even more. You know how both the Soviet and US stint in Afghanistan went against jihadis, now imagine a country full of them. They were literally the original jihadis lmao

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Those civilians would have most likely formed militias. That's how it went in Vietnam too.
Irrelevant and obtuse. Most likely they wouldn't have formed militias, as its not the most likely outcome. Either way, you don't mass murder civillians based on what they may do.
Add to that the Soviets were also planning to go into Japan, what with their dispute over the Kurile.
So ?

The nuclear bombs were the most effective solution to all of America's problems back then, despite how unethical the actions were, and horrifying the effects were(however as everyone knows, geopolitics and ethics never go hand in hand)
Except, the nukes were not the solution at all. As i said, Japan didn't surrender due to nukes. It surrendered due to Stalin declaring war on Japan and invading Manchuria - their last remaining source of coal and iron.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
@GaudaNaresh @ww2historian @sachincba The level of indoctrination the Japanese had was equal to jihadi radicalization levels, maybe even more. You know how both the Soviet and US stint in Afghanistan went against jihadis, now imagine a country full of them. They were literally the original jihadis lmao
No. That is called more yankee propaganda. The level of indoctrination Japan had were no different than that of any allied nation in the 1940s and they were by far the most civilised of the main sides in ww2 - Nanjing included.

DumbPilot

Country flag
No. That is called more yankee propaganda. The level of indoctrination Japan had were no different than that of any allied nation in the 1940s and they were by far the most civilised of the main sides in ww2 - Nanjing included.
That's why only the japanese did kamikaze attacks en masse?(jihadi behavior)

sachincba

Country flag
Japan fights, it is indoctrination. US fights, it is the world's mission. That is how propaganda works.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
That's why only the japanese did kamikaze attacks en masse?(jihadi behavior)
they were not the only ones to engage in suicidal charges/attacks in ww2. Simply the only ones to do it on a plane. which is expected, as Japan was the true paradigm revolutionary of naval warfare in ww2.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
And ???
Again, not a good excuse to mass murder civilians based on what a few boy scouts would or wouldnt do.
I didn't say anything about morality. The US saw the bomb as an "economic" alternative to a full scale invasion of Japan that'd cost more lives (American lives especially). And the Allies certainly didn't care about shooting kids, Hitler's boyscouts in Berlin weren't spared. The nuke was the preferable option. It was war, nobody cared about morality.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
I didn't say anything about morality. The US saw the bomb as an "economic" alternative to a full scale invasion of Japan that'd cost more lives (American lives especially). And the Allies certainly didn't care about shooting kids, Hitler's boyscouts in Berlin weren't spared. The nuke was the preferable option. It was war, nobody cared about morality.
The japanese didnt surrender due to nukes. They surrendered due to Russia invading Manchuria. Perhaps the even more economic alternative for US would've been for it to twiddle its thumbs and wait for Stalin to sign the order after his morning coffee exactly 30 seconds after hitler offed himself.

DumbPilot

Country flag
The japanese didnt surrender due to nukes. They surrendered due to Russia invading Manchuria. Perhaps the even more economic alternative for US would've been for it to twiddle its thumbs and wait for Stalin to sign the order after his morning coffee exactly 30 seconds after hitler offed himself.
russia good america bad comrade! we get it 😂

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
russia good america bad comrade! we get it 😂
No, its the chain of events. Japan's surrender came within 24 hrs of Russia invading Manchuria. US nuked Japan weeks prior and jack shyte happened. Ergo, basic logic states that the causal factor for Japanese surrender was Russian invasion of Manchuria, not magic bomb of Murrica.

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Interesting news update ( though 2 days old)
Russia learning the battle lesions in harm's way....
but, they are learning and adopting quite quick!!!

@ DumbPilot,
It is open secret is ISIS is brain child of CIA/ US deep state that does the dirty field works ! No wonder they end up showing face in ukraine, this will work as a blessing in disguise though for russia, they will scream their lungs out this news to all neutral or ally states!!!

Last edited:

DumbPilot

Country flag
No, its the chain of events. Japan's surrender came within 24 hrs of Russia invading Manchuria. US nuked Japan 72 hrs prior and jack shyte happened. Ergo, basic logic states that the causal factor for Japanese surrender was Russian invasion of Manchuria, not magic bomb of Murrica.
Yeah, the japanese were definitely more scared of the soviets than the americans :troll:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles