Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Neptune

Country flag
Slava-class guided missile cruisers were designed in the 70s as aircraft carrier destroyers. For this purpose, they were equipped with very powerful missiles, superb (by 1970s standards) S-300F, OSA-MA SAMs, 6 AK-630 point air defenses, and a lot of (old) electronics.

Since there are no aircraft carriers in the Black Sea, I suppose that the Moskva main role was as a command ship (its main canons don’t provide the range needed to support amphibious assault operations) and also as a relatively powerful mobile, floating, radar.

The Moskva was hit by something about 50km south of Snake Island which means that she was also probably watching the movement of ships near/from Romania. Frankly, that is not a task for a guided-missile cruiser.

Damage was on top of the front part, I think we can rule out both neptun missiles and mines as those would have damaged the hull much closer to the sealine.

If I absolutely have to guess, sabotage is possible, but again, a mine on the hull would be much easier and safer than climbing aboard and blowing the front ammunition storage, I think.

Sounds like an accident to me (short-circuit in the ammo storage, fire alarms not working? Happens more often than one would think, salty air and seawater wreaks havoc on electric systems especially when not properly maintained and insulated, which is likely to be the case for the Moskva).

Or it could be a Ukrainian mine detached by the recent storm and drifting southwards which the Russians failed to detect. That would explain the hull breach which later resulted in the Moskva taking in water and sinking while in tow.

I still don’t buy the “Ukrainian 2 “Neptunes” version at all, if only because the Moskva had very solid air defenses while bad weather makes minesweeping very hard. But we will probably never find out for sure, unless the members of the crew reveal what really happened.

Considering that the Ukraine has NO navy at all, I don’t see how the loss of the Moskva would hamper or significantly complicate any BSF operations.

The Moskva also had an important role in the eastern Mediterranean (Syria) and yes, there is probably where she will be missed the most.

I hope that this loss will provide the impetus to massively accelerate the modernization of old Russian (well, Soviet, really) ships and the construction of new ones.

Ukrainians had a Navy, Russia captured many ships but Ukrainians still have anti ship missiles and NATO is passing on intelligence to Ukrainians. Big blunder on Russias part but the British lost 7 ships in the Falklands War to Argentina. Now I wonder what NATO will do if Russia decides to arm its proxies to hit US and other NATO troops in Syria and Iraq? It would not be difficult for Russia to pass on intelligence and weapons to strike tit for tat. Americans lost their shit when news came out that Russia offered bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan, the news was of course fake but it shows the exceptionalism and hypocrisy of the US. US openly gives billions in weapons, trains Ukrainians, and passes on intelligence in order to kill as many Russians as possible but god forbid Russia puts out bounties on US soldiers, then the US is in disbelief and anger.

Anyways Russia conducted massive bombardment in retaliation to the Maskva sinking and Ukrainians targeting Russian cities. Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Mariupol and many other city were hit hard. The plant that produced the Neptune anti ship missile that supposedly hit the Maskva was destroyed.

Blood+

Country flag
We cannot put this war to India Pakistan context since the military strength ratio between Russia and Ukraine is 10:1 where as between India and Pakistan is 2.5:1
It's not your total strength that counts in war but what you have deployed!! And so far, the Ukrainian defenders actually outnumber the attacking Russian forces, when conventional wisdom would dictate that an attacker should have at least 3:1 numerical superiority over the defenders, as we all know.
Here, check this out -
Even if i go by the neutral OSINT figures,the Russian losses are immense.

Longewala

Country flag
We cannot put this war to India Pakistan context since the military strength ratio between Russia and Ukraine is 10:1 where as between India and Pakistan is 2.5:1

Even if i go by the neutral OSINT figures,the Russian losses are immense.
You are right about context .
The Russian forces in Ukraine are OUTNUMBERED.
Let that sink in. Losing territory and strategic assets to an attacking enemy despite having superior numbers, difficult terrain, years of digging in, limitless ATGM supplies from Western countries, intelligence support..

That's what winning and humiliating the Russians looks like, if you are a bunch of Ukranians and Western morons.

Blood+

Country flag
Ukrainians had a Navy, Russia captured many ships but Ukrainians still have anti ship missiles and NATO is passing on intelligence to Ukrainians. Big blunder on Russias part but the British lost 7 ships in the Falklands War to Argentina. Now I wonder what NATO will do if Russia decides to arm its proxies to hit US and other NATO troops in Syria and Iraq? It would not be difficult for Russia to pass on intelligence and weapons to strike tit for tat. Americans lost their shit when news came out that Russia offered bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan, the news was of course fake but it shows the exceptionalism and hypocrisy of the US. US openly gives billions in weapons, trains Ukrainians, and passes on intelligence in order to kill as many Russians as possible but god forbid Russia puts out bounties on US soldiers, then the US is in disbelief and anger.

Anyways Russia conducted massive bombardment in retaliation to the Maskva sinking and Ukrainians targeting Russian cities. Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Mariupol and many other city were hit hard. The plant that produced the Neptune anti ship missile that supposedly hit the Maskva was destroyed.
As I said, I hope one rusty old ship was worth this shit.

Neptune

Country flag
Weeks ago western sources were claiming Russians ran out of precision weapons such as cruise missiles and ballistic missiles. However that assessment was very incorrect since Russia has used those weapons daily including massive bombardments across Ukraine today and as well as yesterday. Russia probably has hundreds more cruise missiles in stock as well as hundreds of ballistic missiles, (maybe thousands?) Undoubtedly Russia also keeps producing more of those weapons and replenishes their stockpiles.

another_armchair

Country flag

Ghargone in Khargone.

They should seriously consider ending this scheme. At least two of my cousins have cashed in on this subsidy citing purchase of first home and as a single working woman(a Doc), she had it real easy.

another_armchair

Country flag
Posted already a few minutes ago but I counted and it looks like at least 51 Ukrainian marines surrendered. Past 3 days Ukrainians have been surrendering in mass.

Finally some wisdom dawning upon those poor footsoldiers that they are not fighting for a just cause.

Putin is a reasonable man. Sit down and talk. Control the Ukrainian nationalists, put a tight leash on the Nazifags and end the genocide of Russian speakers.

RocketMan

Country flag

Ghargone in Khargone.

They should seriously consider ending this scheme. At least two of my cousins have cashed in on this subsidy citing purchase of first home and as a single working woman(a Doc), she had it real easy.
sauce for the pic vro . nvm.

tumblr_f9153b7b3fbf89d75a6da7902871ae34_3ae8843e_400.gif

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Weeks ago western sources were claiming Russians ran out of precision weapons such as cruise missiles and ballistic missiles. However that assessment was very incorrect since Russia has used those weapons daily including massive bombardments across Ukraine today and as well as yesterday. Russia probably has hundreds more cruise missiles in stock as well as hundreds of ballistic missiles, (maybe thousands?) Undoubtedly Russia also keeps producing more of those weapons and replenishes their stockpiles.

Yeah Westerners must be severely Delusional to think that a country like Russia which is one of the Top exporters of Arms and Ammunitions worldwide will suddenly run out of Missiles! (i.e Cruise missiles, Ballistic missiles etc).

By the way is SU-57 having any involvement in this whole conflict and if not, than why did the Russians not use SU-57 against Ukrainian Airforce?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles