Prahaar Short Range Tactical Missile System

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Re: Prithvi missiles to be replaced by more-capable Prahar: DRDO

I once asked how the missile and rocket reach their target particularly Brahmos from DRDO guys and their lips were sealed............

So the what i am trying to say with Prahar particularly with its TVC

and its seeker if it has one, we can target even moving vehicles, if we can use some sort of satellite or high flying UAV for target illumination.

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Country flag

This quickly? Impressive! :thumb:

More precision, more strategic strength and more damage. :cmegusta::rich:

The Last Stand

Country flag

It is quick reaction, ultra precision, less damage but more impact strike.
Less damage, yes.

But for strategic targets requiring HE warheads and extreme accuracy, I know what I will chose.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

. If it is regarding 800ton nukes, than you must remember that the last two nukes in 1998 tests were sub kiloton devices.
The last two nukes were 200T and 300T IIRC.

Even better part of our test was our use of reactor grade plutonium in one of the bombs. We have a huge stockpile of reactor grade Pu

The Last Stand

Country flag

Even better part of our test was our use of reactor grade plutonium in one of the bombs. We have a huge stockpile of reactor grade Pu
You guys do mean Kilotons right, because 200 tons, 80 tons and 300 tons are just too much to lift for a missile.

I was :wtf: for a long time.

Decklander

As of 2008, we had 12000 kgs of reactor grade Plutonium fit to make 600 bombs in reserve and over 250 devices of various sizes ready for use. part of this stockpile will now be used for FBR to accelarate our nuke program.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

You guys do mean Kilotons right, because 200 tons, 80 tons and 300 tons are just too much to lift for a missile.

I was :wtf: for a long time.
Dude!!! You got all confused. KT>T

We are talking about weapons yield here not the weight the missile has to carry.

The Last Stand

Country flag

Dude!!! You got all confused. KT>T

We are talking about weapons yield here not the weight the missile has to carry.
:okay:

Okay sir. But even 300 tons yield is extremely low, Area of Effect would be extremely little.

TrueSpirit

Okay sir. But even 300 tons yield is extremely low, Area of Effect would be extremely little.
Ok, how about considering it equivalent to 300 tons of TNT. Imagine the damage.

The Last Stand

Country flag

Ok, how about considering it equivalent to 300 tons of TNT. Imagine the damage.
I know how yield is measured, but still @p2prada has mentioned several times that blast radius, actual damage would be small, and 90% radiation fades away within 7 days.

HYDESim: High-Yield Detonation Effects Simulator

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?lat=13.060422&lng=80.24958300000003&zm=12&kt=0.3

Seems quite small.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueSpirit

I know how yield is measured, but still @p2prada has mentioned several times that blast radius, actual damage would be small, and 90% radiation fades away within 7 days.

HYDESim: High-Yield Detonation Effects Simulator

NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein

Seems quite small.
Meant for battlefield-usage, blowing away command-control centers, armored coloums, widely dispersed ammunition dumps etc.

Minimized collateral damage. The very fact that radiation-effects over long-term are minimal makes it even more attractive.

No apocalyptic wasteland creation, instead capture high-value real-estate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Decklander

In my posts on CSD I had written that the objective of IBGs is not to dismember Pakistan but to breakthru and get into pincer to surround PA into pockets surrounded by by IA. IBGs breaking into pak territory can be stage managed by PA to lure them into areas called killing fields which have least population density and whr the cost to Pak is least if tactical nukes are used. But if these IBGs stay close to engagement zones of PA by doing a pincer, it will become impossible for PA to use Tactical nukes as it will kill its own defenders and soldiers. Our IBGs will move in with full NBC protection for this very reason and DRDO has made many such systems which will follow these IBGs into battle.

If I were a Pakistani General, I will revert to full defensive position from offensive defence posture, hold more people in reserve to be deployed at short notice to any front within the command and use my lack of depth for rapid mobilisation as my borders are hardly any distance from my build up areas. Create urban warfare units centered around my own army regulars to create a mess behind IA supply lines to harass and beat IA from getting a decisive control of any of my territory.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Low yield tests are used to perfect warheads. Helps in simulation. Advanced powers can make new warheads using simulation. India managed to make a small bomb and got lots of data that will help in the future to make newer warheads.

ladder

Country flag

The dimensions of Prahaar and WS2 rocket system of China are nearly the same.

Can members discuss the difference in the role envisioned for the two and their salient features.

Because with induction of Prahaar, it will not be long before we see WS2 fielded by our western neighbors.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

The dimensions of Prahaar and WS2 rocket system of China are nearly the same.

Can members discuss the difference in the role envisioned for the two and their salient features.

Because with induction of Prahaar, it will not be long before we see WS2 fielded by our western neighbors.

They are fielding a 60kms range Nasr

The Last Stand

Country flag

India donot discriminate in between small and big nukes :troll:
When defending, very good.

When on the offensive, the army chief must discriminate and find what he wants to use, if not, when he needs to take out an army base with minimal collateral, he might end up removing a city and becoming, well, a fascist in the views of the world.

bennedose

I think Agni I took over the role of short range nuclear strike that Prithvi was originally made for. For conventional strike, Prithvi with its liquid fuel and large number of support vehicles has probably been made obsolete by Prahaar.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

I think Agni I took over the role of short range nuclear strike that Prithvi was originally made for. For conventional strike, Prithvi with its liquid fuel and large number of support vehicles has probably been made obsolete by Prahaar.
Agni 1 too obsolete now with the introduction of Shaurya.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles