Prahaar Short Range Tactical Missile System

sayareakd

Country flag
If Iam not wrong Parhar is Anti missile- missile system, right ?

If yes, than Iam right in my debate

As i posted in one other thread, if you dont know it, please dont post useless things, it will make you look stupid and waste of our time and forums space.

Last edited:

plugwater

Still Q remains the same who will save us from incoming missile, Do we need Parhar or anti missile system
Prahaar wont save us from incoming missile, BMD can save us and we are inducting it soon.

Its not a single layer defence, multi layered one.

Akash/SAMs for cruise missiles and AAD for Ballistic missiles. If you ask me whether it will work in war time or not means, its not certain. Even US is not certain about that.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Still Q remains the same who will save us from incoming missile, Do we need Parhar or anti missile system
Different Projects..

BMD is already issued for Bangalore, More systems are coming..

noob101

By this you still cant justify DRDO performances, There are more failure than success in DRDO log book
Not any much different than other nations, when the soviets and americans started building missiles and rockets after WWII there were so many failures... but it seems that DRDO is getting the hang of missile and rocket development, JV's also helped

Nirvana

For Ballistic Missile defence , we have AAD and PAD in place already , while PDV ,AD-1 and 2 for defence against Long range Missile are under development

noob101

Anyone know how many India is going to order? Can't the Army meet all it needs with the Brahmos and Smerch and its replacement Panika 2. IIRC IA has ordered more than 2000 Brahmos...

Last edited:

Nirvana

By this you still cant justify DRDO performances, There are more failure than success in DRDO log book
You can say that !! but in last year or two DRDO has delivered at best with Agni IV,III,AAD,PAD,Prahaar

sayareakd

Country flag
If USA is offering its missile defence it is not out of the blue or suddenly they think that we are natural partner, i think some people should appreciate that and that too at show string budget for project and on sarkari salary.

Blackwater

As i posted in one other thread, if you dont know it, please dont post useless things, it will make you look stupid and waste of our time and forums space.
See all my post ,my debate was about in-efficiency of DRDO, Parhar was just part of it

Blackwater

Not any much different than other nations, when the soviets and americans started building missiles and rockets after WWII there were so many failures... but it seems that DRDO is getting the hang of missile and rocket development, JV's also helped
true we also got independence little after WW-2. Look where USA and Russia defence reached and where we are.

pack leader

this is a nice system remains me of our (idf) Lora i suppose the use is the same
(HQ,infrastructure , air defense targets) to clear the way for the iaf

me like well done :thumb:

Blackwater

If USA is offering its missile defence it is not out of the blue or suddenly they think that we are natural partner, i think some people should appreciate that and that too at show string budget for project and on sarkari salary.

USA and India has no clash of interest for another 100 yrs. which make us natural allies

Articles