Prahaar Short Range Tactical Missile System

ashicjose

prithvi is a liquid fueled missile and it takes some time to get ready , prahar can be fired within minutes coz its solid fueled.

Blackwater

We can not rely on DRDO products, we need second line of defence

we must procure ammerican or Israeli system

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
it must have taken sleep out of our two big neighbours, we have tested it for the first time and DRDO's confidence level is shown by putting it in R Day. Good Show GOI/DRDO/MOD.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
India already have TBMs like prithvi and Agni so why this new Prahar system introduced??
prithvi is a liquid fueled missile and it takes some time to get ready , prahar can be fired within minutes coz its solid fueled.
2. We needed rapid firing on multiple targets in short time and quick deployment..

3. There is a gap between BM-21 and BM-30, Prahaar for now fills it until Pinaka 2 comes into play

Blackwater

Try buying SRBM, IRBM and ICBM, if you are so sure to rely on foreign mall.
At least Foreign mall is reliable that'y our forces using it for 65 yrs. Failure of DRDO to deliver on time and reliable products force us to buy foreign mall.

If DRDO is so efficient, than y the hell we bought spider system if DRDO gave us Akash.why we bought T90, if arjun was there. aur pole kholu DRDO ki

ohh i forgot DRDO's ,Pinaka lolllll remember we bought smerch:lol::lol::scared2::scared2:

Last edited:

Blackwater

GOI should closed DRDO or privatize it.It's sheer burden on on defence budget. nothing has come positive in last 65 yrs. Still we rely heavily on foreign mall

Blackwater

and let foreigners do R&D for you. Man you sure live in dream world.

I gave you so many example still you don't believe me .It's not me you are living in dream and denial world..

There is no harm in collaboration or foreign R&D. :taunt:

Its better to have something than nothing

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
GOI should closed DRDO or privatize it.It's sheer burden on on defence budget. nothing has come positive in last 65 yrs. Still we rely heavily on foreign mall
At least Foreign mall is reliable that'y our forces using it for 65 yrs. Failure of DRDO to deliver on time and reliable products force us to buy foreign mall.

If DRDO is so efficient, than y the hell we bought spider system if DRDO gave us Akash.why we bought T90, if arjun was there. aur pole kholu DRDO ki

ohh i forgot DRDO's ,Pinaka lolllll remember we bought smerch:lol::lol::scared2::scared2:
We can not rely on DRDO products, we need second line of defence

we must procure ammerican or Israeli system
Bhai, Are you done with DRDO bashing..

http://defenceforumindia.com/strategic-forces/46-indian-missile-defense-system-44.html

You can open a hate thread..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
lets not re rail the topic at hand, Prahaar is too important missile for our defence need.

plugwater

Blackwater, yes DRDO sucks, no denying that.

But they are quite okay in missile side. No one can give us Missiles with more than 300km range, so we have to develop it.

I am against LCA or Arjun because lives depend on it, but if you take missiles even they are bulky and mediocre compared to west as long as it does its job i wont mind its size not its cost.

Blackwater

Blackwater, yes DRDO sucks, no denying that.

But they are quite okay in missile side. No one can give us Missiles with more than 300km range, so we have to develop it.

I am against LCA or Arjun because lives depend on it, but if you take missiles even they are bulky and mediocre compared to west as long as it does its job i wont mind its size not its cost.
I want them okay in all side not just missile. Q is not what they give. Q is what can they give if they are efficient ?

Blackwater

Prahaar is not a defensive weapon!! Its other version AAD(or maybe PDV) is a defensive weapon.
If Iam not wrong Parhar is Anti missile- missile system, right ?

If yes, than Iam right in my debate

plugwater

I want them okay in all side not just missile. Q is not what they give. Q is what can they give if they are efficient ?
Atleast they are delivering something, we should be happy with that :D

News about this missile came out only after its development, previously it was not like that they will announce one development and drag it for decades.

Still they are like that in other areas, lets hope they improve their efficiency.

Prahaar is surface to surface missile, can easily be tested so it will work in war. No need to worry :)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If Iam not wrong Parhar is Anti missile- missile system, right ?

If yes, than Iam right in my debate
Na re tau ..

Parhaar is a Precision guided Balletic missile of 150km range..

Par liya kar 1post ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles