LOC, LAC & International Border skirmishs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Even a casual observer of the Indian political scene can discern that communalist utterances and violence have been on the rise ever since Modi regime took power in 2014. India needs and deserves a Prime Minister who will, in all his actions and words, without fail and always, place country before religion, caste, region, ethnicity, language or any other differences among Indians; and above all India deserves a PM who will invariably and always place India above Party; as parties come and go but great countries live on and India has lived through several millennia; and India is great. In his 2014 national campaign, in his over two years in government and in the state elections now happening, Modi has clearly shown he is not that Prime Minister. Time and again he has proven that India can’t depend on him to take the high road in political debates or show leadership in elevating the political discourse in the country. Quite tragically for India, he readily reverts to being just an RSS Parcharak he once was, often descending into shamshan ghats and kabirstans; such jumlas do not a great prime minister or a greater India make. So clear, Modi is failing India.
:doh: Kissi aurr thread main jaake likh iss bakwas ko.. Read the fucking title of the thread.

@LETHALFORCE @Kunal Biswas @pmaitra @sayareakd

Requesting thread cleanup, it has been hijacked by trolls again.

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
You blind Bakht? Why you are so fool and blind and following that 56 inch sena feku phussssss? To not recognize that India is splitting from inside. It is quite clear and sad that at this crucial moment in its politics and history, India finds itself without a Prime Minister unreservedly and unhesitatingly prepared to stand for communal amity, secularism and harmony. It is the duty of the Prime Minister to stand ever vigilantly for the communal peace and harmony of his country, particularly a country that is inherently, ethnically, religiously, linguistically and otherwise diverse. He may not know or respect it, but above all he is the guardian of all that is valuable and good in India. He is the chief trustee of its peace and harmony. When he is the Prime Minister, Modi is not just a politician. He is the protector of its national and public interest. Indisputably India’s communal peace, harmony and basic freedoms are its priceless assets; it is therefore his solemn and bounden duty to safeguard and enhance them — in the national and public interest.
I don't give a flying fuck about Bhakts or anybody else. I want you to take this political nonsense off the LOC thread. Capice? Now shoo.

Willy2

This is a good broad strategy for an all out war. It doesn't account for the more likely scenario of a short, intense, theater level war which is more likely. This is what Pakistan will want because it allows it to test Indian patience and the worst it will lose is a division of troops, before the international community can intervene.

All of his analysis is based on the limited mobility of Pakistan due to lack of depth, but Afghanistan doesn't have sturdy borders with Pakistan, so in the even of a full scale Indian invasion, Pakistani troops can back off into Afghanistan to re-organize and stage a resistance.
I know..these video maker assume many condition which can't hold true during real war....like if somebody says that India send tank at 15000 ft to fight war ..ppl will laugh until u show evidence of Zoji la...generels made impossible possible...but it's a nice overview to overall scenario

gekko

country with no respect for service men.
This is true of every country which engages in war. In their employment of weapons and manpower, the military planners have to cold and calculating and not let the prospect of death of soldiers hamper planning. We believe the the lives of our soldiers are invaluable because we have our relatives in the forces, but from the point of view of the planners, there clearly is a price to a soldiers life and there are certain goals where trading those lives is seen as a veritable price to pay.

Every country respects its service men at the same time, how much insight you will give your civilians into the horrors of war is carefully controlled by the nation based on national objectives. You will never find, for example, footage of any major war we fought where dead bodies are shown. It is redacted deliberately because it demoralizes people. At the same time, during Kargil war, Vajpayee invited all media heads of national and private channels and told them to cover the last rites of our fallen soldiers to whip up passions in India.

I believe the government should have the privilege to control the flow of information from the battlefield like a tap. Too much information can demoralize the civilian will to fight. Too little information can cause the military planners to treat our troops as expendable assets. Every martyr must be given state honor but when and how much media coverage it is given must be controlled by the state. The private media is insensitive. They travel to the houses of martyrs and asks insensitive questions to bereaved family members. It is in poor taste and no one deserves to be treated this way. We must restrict media access to family members at least.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
This is true of every country which engages in war. In their employment of weapons and manpower, the military planners have to cold and calculating and not let the prospect of death of soldiers hamper planning. We believe the the lives of our soldiers are invaluable because we have our relatives in the forces, but from the point of view of the planners, there clearly is a price to a soldiers life and there are certain goals where trading those lives is seen as a veritable price to pay.

Every country respects its service men at the same time, how much insight you will give your civilians into the horrors of war is carefully controlled by the nation based on national objectives. You will never find, for example, footage of any major war we fought where dead bodies are shown. It is redacted deliberately because it demoralizes people. At the same time, during Kargil war, Vajpayee invited all media heads of national and private channels and told them to cover the last rites of our fallen soldiers to whip up passions in India.

I believe the government should have the privilege to control the flow of information from the battlefield like a tap. Too much information can demoralize the civilian will to fight. Too little information can cause the military planners to treat our troops as expendable assets. Every martyr must be given state honor but when and how much media coverage it is given must be controlled by the state. The private media is insensitive. They travel to the houses of martyrs and asks insensitive questions to bereaved family members. It is in poor taste and no one deserves to be treated this way. We must restrict media access to family members at least.
I think we are on the same page. In my opinion, the family members must be asked by the government if they want to be able to avoid the media in their time of grief. Also, if they want the names kept out of the news for personal reasons, it should be an option. They have a right to privacy and dignity. Lastly, the media should be prevented from showing crying/grieving family members. This is in poor taste and a disrespect to the departed soul as well as propaganda material for the enemy.

Dead bodies should never be shown, it is crass and looks like a third grade jihadi Army like Pakistan.

What I was speaking out against was a government mandated blanket ban on coverage of casualties like the Pakistanis do unless the government wants to use their death for propaganda.

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Is this an escalation from the Chinks in terms of rhetoric? Correct me if I'm wrong but looks like the previous warnings were not coming from the army but from mouth pieces. This is the defense ministry spokesman talking.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...er-the-cost/story-51We6X8d3294lCqzwCxiaO.html

Sikkim standoff: Chinese army warns India not to harbour illusions over Doklam, says will defend territory at all costs
The People’s Liberation Army said its capability to protect China’s territory was “indomitable” and it was ready to step up deployment on the plateau.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Every martyr must be given state honor but when and how much media coverage it is given must be controlled by the state. The private media is insensitive. They travel to the houses of martyrs and asks insensitive questions to bereaved family members. It is in poor taste and no one deserves to be treated this way. We must restrict media access to family members at least.
In a country like India this policy will fail.
we are the son and followers of bollywood.

in our society when there is access of something people tend to forget and care less. They become saturated and it is already happening.
In peace if you have news almost every week of a soldier getting shahadat then it will reduce the value of shahadat in the eyes of viewers and general public.

most people will take it as a failed strategy to protect soldiers life specially when the conflict is with pakistan.
State funeral is obvious but when it becomes a trend on tv its value decreases.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Is this an escalation from the Chinks in terms of rhetoric? Correct me if I'm wrong but looks like the previous warnings were not coming from the army but from mouth pieces. This is the defense ministry spokesman talking.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...er-the-cost/story-51We6X8d3294lCqzwCxiaO.html

Sikkim standoff: Chinese army warns India not to harbour illusions over Doklam, says will defend territory at all costs
The People’s Liberation Army said its capability to protect China’s territory was “indomitable” and it was ready to step up deployment on the plateau.
they are showing India as an aggressor

they are building a similar situation where India tells pakistan to behave and move back.
India should give a strong message that Chinese need to behave

gekko

I think we are on the same page. In my opinion, the family members must be asked by the government if they want to be able to avoid the media in their time of grief. Also, if they want the names kept out of the news for personal reasons, it should be an option. They have a right to privacy and dignity. Lastly, the media should be prevented from showing crying/grieving family members. This is in poor taste and a disrespect to the departed soul as well as propaganda material for the enemy.

Dead bodies should never be shown, it is crass and looks like a third grade jihadi Army like Pakistan.

What I was speaking out against was a government mandated blanket ban on coverage of casualties like the Pakistanis do unless the government wants to use their death for propaganda.
There's no ban on coverage of casualties. Someone has cooked up that story out of thin air.

The government has made a website called Bharat Ke Veer where the names of martyrs are automatically added and civilians can donate money to the family members. As soon as one family gets a cumulative of 15L, their name is removed from the list. This makes it impossible to hide casualties. In addition to this official acknowledgement, there are also unofficial gatherings organized in the communities of the martyrs. I remember when Col Santosh Mahadik was martyred, there was such a large gathering. The state government gave 3 crores, the central government matched it, and the people matched it. Eventually the fund created for his family reached 11 crore. He wanted to start a school in his village, now the construction has begun.

We are not hiding casualties.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
There's no ban on coverage of casualties. Someone has cooked up that story out of thin air.

The government has made a website called Bharat Ke Veer where the names of martyrs are automatically added and civilians can donate money to the family members. As soon as one family gets a cumulative of 15L, their name is removed from the list. This makes it impossible to hide casualties. In addition to this official acknowledgement, there are also unofficial gatherings organized in the communities of the martyrs. I remember when Col Santosh Mahadik was martyred, there was such a large gathering. The state government gave 3 crores, the central government matched it, and the people matched it. Eventually the fund created for his family reached 11 crore. He wanted to start a school in his village, now the construction has begun.

We are not hiding casualties.
Sir I was referring to the original post by user "square" where he was proposing something like this if I understood him correctly. I know there is no ban on coverage of casualties by India.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Sir I was referring to the original post by user "square" where he was proposing something like this if I understood him correctly. I know there is no ban on coverage of casualties by India.
India is already on number 3 which has suffered from terrorism. Honestly 1.33 billion wouldn't even get affected
50crore bhi agar gaye toh bhi 80 crore bachey hain Bhai ... can you imagine.

yeh sab dhong laga rakha hai...

Jay99

Country flag
Dont bring Lahori mathematics here. Below is the count as per SATP. And even if Taliban are so good in killing Pakis what do u suggest. We support Talibanies and harm our relations with our Afghan friends.

Plz for Allah sake don't derail this forum any more.

View attachment 18069
May be India just needs get taliban on our payroll and get them to do the work for us...those numbers speak volumes :)

mahesh

Country flag
China wants to put lot of pressure on india while doval is in china on 27th for the BRICS meet, they wants to turn the things around towards india. they want to neutralize the cards of doval if talks happen in BRICS which china want to make india feel the only good opportunity available to sort this out give as less options as possible.
still 3 days to go ,It has already started by moving lot of troops and logistics to south tibet, and firing overwhelming warnings in media and official release papers.
Not to mention their "head jerking" while delivering their mighty imperial dialogues on army.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
May be India just needs get taliban on our payroll and get them to do the work for us...those numbers speak volumes :)
that's like promoting Pakistan's rhetoric of good and bad T.
All the hard work till now of GOI will go in vain.
India's say against the terrorism be it any one is very strict.

square

Strategic Issues
China wants to put lot of pressure on india while doval is in china on 27th for the BRICS meet, they wants to turn the things around towards india. they want to neutralize the cards of doval if talks happen in BRICS which china want to make india feel the only good opportunity available to sort this out give as less options as possible.
still 3 days to go ,It has already started by moving lot of troops and logistics to south tibet, and firing overwhelming warnings in media and official release papers.
Not to mention their "head jerking" while delivering their mighty imperial dialogues on army.
GOI has made it clear that both side troops will withdrow and no change in status will be allowed..
china initially called this a issue between bhutan and china , now they are openly making claim over the area.....

its a stalemate !!!

enough talking....now let the cat came out of the box....

Tarun Kumar

Some reports are stating that PLA deliberately escalated this on request from Pak army as casualties of pak army for 2017 has crossed 60 and are being hidden from public. This includes huge fire assaults on April 17, May 9 and July 19 each of which claimed at least 10-15 soldiers. My belief is lets withdraw from Doklam and prepare for full scale 2 front war by signing emergency weapons pact with US, not a limited war. Any limited war with China would suit the Pakis the most as we will loose few thousand soldiers for nothing and may even loose Doklam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kunal Biswas Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border Indian Army 13524
H OSINT compilation thread Knowledge Repository 54
Bornubus LOC, LAC & IB warfare Indian Army 2005
Martian LOC, LAC & IB skirmishs Indian Army 1958

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles