LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

shiphone

Country flag
Also paf upgraded all f16 with pesa
the upgraded/ newer model of the conventional mechanical scanning radar...we barely saw any so called PESA on American/Western fighters, Rafale early batches is the exception

johnj

Again dude all f16 of Pakistan have pulse Doppler radars no pesa radar nothing.. biggest downside to pulse Doppler is they can't detect perpendicular flying objects either flying towards You and going forward..
PAF upgraded their f16 at least 3 times

Satish Sharma

Country flag
PAF upgraded their f16 at least 3 times
But they are not that capable compared to j10 atleast on paper.. most importantly what will they of that if there missile have expired 4.years ago I mean shelf life of there missile is already over..

Blademaster

What ??
All f16 are 4th gen
US 4th gen fighter jets - f5,f15, f16, f18
4.5gen - f18sh
5th gen - f22,f35
F5 is not a 4th gen fighter by any means. F-16 block 15 is barely 4th gen fighter. More like 3+++ gen fighter.

johnj

F5 is not a 4th gen fighter by any means. F-16 block 15 is barely 4th gen fighter. More like 3+++ gen fighter.
No, its 4gen
For ex- F35 is a 5.5 gen, but currently having issues and all flying ioc version
By design f16 is 4gen and lca is 4.5 gen, but fighter jet development is a complex process
Its not US fault japan developed 4.5 gen with aesa tech and EU developed 4.5 gen insisted of 5gen
Don't f22 use GaAs and consider it as 5th gen, not 4.5 th gen
Biggest difference b/w 3rd & 4th are FCS not the sensor
You can upgrade mig21 or f4 with aesa tech, but still its considered as 3rd gen or 3+++ gen

Satish Sharma

Country flag
No, its 4gen
For ex- F35 is a 5.5 gen, but currently having issues and all flying ioc version
By design f16 is 4gen and lca is 4.5 gen, but fighter jet development is a complex process
Its not US fault japan developed 4.5 gen with aesa tech and EU developed 4.5 gen insisted of 5gen
Don't f22 use GaAs and consider it as 5th gen, not 4.5 th gen
Biggest difference b/w 3rd & 4th are FCS not the sensor
You can upgrade mig21 or f4 with aesa tech, but still its considered as 3rd gen or 3+++ gen
On what basis u said lca Tejas mk1A is 4.5 generation because I when i see differences between 4 gen and rafale I find 4.5 gen aircrafts have MAWS, INTERNAL EW jammers , spectra like systems. Forward looking Infrared Search & track , and some other things which I don't find in LCA , indeed we have developed all such techs but lca cannot accomodate them ,mwf /Tejas mk2 will have it.. lca is 4+ gen aircrafts

johnj

On what basis u said lca Tejas mk1A is 4.5 generation because I when i see differences between 4 gen and rafale I find 4.5 gen aircrafts have MAWS, INTERNAL EW jammers , spectra like systems. Forward looking Infrared Search & track , and some other things which I don't find in LCA , mwf /Tejas mk2 will have it.. lca is 4+ gen aircrafts
That is not how fighter jet gen is classified
Its mainly based on engines and FCS
Initial batch of all gen uses previous gen sensors
LCA comes with DFCS, FBW, relaxed stability, mfd and composition airframe etc make its 4.5 gen, and easy to upgrade next gen tech
Simply look now fast HAL developed mk1a from foc, just within 5 years
LOL - LOL - WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE EXCEPTING FROM A LIGHT AIRCRAFT, F15EX LIKE FEATHERS
Lca already having ew suite like normal mki and majority of mki/su35 lacks INTERNAL EW jammers , spectra like systems and majority of mki lacks dc maws
LCA is a 4.5 gen using 4th gen suite and jf17 is a 4th gen using 4/4.5th gen suit

Important point is - US IS A UNRELIABLE PARTNER/ALLAY

johnj

On what basis u said lca Tejas mk1A is 4.5 generation because I when i see differences between 4 gen and rafale I find 4.5 gen aircrafts have MAWS, INTERNAL EW jammers , spectra like systems. Forward looking Infrared Search & track , and some other things which I don't find in LCA , indeed we have developed all such techs but lca cannot accomodate them ,mwf /Tejas mk2 will have it.. lca is 4+ gen aircrafts
Why why why you only considering rafale, why not eft, jas, sh, su35. mig35, f2 etc
You can easy see lots of difference and their unique capabilities
Same goes with LCA, its unique 4.5 gen jet, failed to meet expectations, biggest disaster was kaveris failure

Satish Sharma

Country flag
LCA comes with DFCS, FBW, relaxed stability, mfd and composition airframe etc make its 4.5 gen, and easy to upgrade next gen tech
LOL - LOL - WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE EXCEPTING FROM A LIGHT AIRCRAFT, F15EX LIKE FEATHERS
Lca already having ew suite like normal mki and majority of mki/su35 lacks INTERNAL EW jammers , spectra like systems and majority of mki lacks dc maws
LCA is a 4.5 gen using 4th gen suite and jf17 is a 4th gen using 4/4.5th gen suit

First go learn something, everytime comes with wrong information to argue
Su30mki has MAWS
images (3).jpeg

images (4).jpeg

johnj

First go learn something, everytime comes with wrong information to argue
Su30mki has MAWS
View attachment 236210

View attachment 236211
Only 60 to 100 mki having dc maws and majority of mki lacks drdo dc maws

majority = a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total

Even mki struggling to keep all 6 lru of dcmaws how lca going to carry it
Ada already request develop new maws for mk2

Satish Sharma

Country flag

There are some 4 gen aircrafts like f16 block60/62 which has rss design, fly by wire systems,multi functional display, DFCS is it digital flight control systems) will they be called as 4.5 generation or actual 4.5 generation who has all this thing with MAWS , sensors fusion, FLIR et etc aircraft who has this is called a 4.5 gen aircraft. And they are rafale typhoon...

Last edited:

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Discussion was why Tejas is not a 4.5 generation and it's not you yourself said it. It does lack capabilities which so called 4.5 gen aircrafts seems to have whereas Tejas is considered as 4++ gen aircrafts
WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE EXCEPTING FROM A LIGHT AIRCRAFT, F15EX LIKE FEATHERS

johnj

Discussion was why Tejas is not a 4.5 generation and it's not you yourself said it. It does lack capabilities which so called 4.5 gen aircrafts seems to have whereas Tejas is considered as 4++ gen aircrafts
1705084722421.png

F15E and su30 mki also 4th gen
F14 also 4th gen
Mig 21 3rd gen
mig 23 3rd gen
If you consider all these Lca lies in b/w 3rd & 4th
4th gen f18 getting gan fcr, making lca 4- get or 3+++
Now tell me in which catagory lca lies, 3rd or 4th gen, what about mk1a ?? and super tejas with cats, 5.5 gen ??
how rafale and eft, 4th gen beat mig35 & sh in mmrca ??
if currently upgraded m2k is 4th gen, the old ones were 3rd gen, same goes to mig29, then what is the difference b/w mig21 vs m2k/mig29 ??

From wiki
1705086229633.png

daya

Country flag
Partnering with US companies is almost equivalent to trading your soul with the devil. Everything they do has ulterior motives. Heavy reliance on the US industries will almost certainly destroy India's indigenous defense capabilities, which I suspect is what the US wants.

While at my job, apart from being refused to witness the blade fitment process, we were not even allowed to see things as essential as the alignment of the shaft assembly or even provided with a basic manual describing what was what.

Essentially everything was a black box to us, we just learned to start the turbine and clean the ducts and the coolers and I suspect this is what might be happening with weapon systems being provided to the Indian military.
करु बहियां बल आपनी, छोड़ बिरानी आस।
जाके आंगन नदिया बहै, सो कस मरै पियास।।
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT BE EXPEDITED. INEFFICIENT PEOPLE MUST BE KICKED OUT.
FORCES BE COMPELLED TO ACCEPT AND INDUCT INDIGENIOUS PRODUCTS.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles