LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

johnj

how will usa deny the sales to india as it's an israeli radar..

johnj

Dude at that time the 75kn ge f404 engine was used in 2006. after that there have been alot of development and constant improvements now variant used is 89kn
How many no.of LCA with 89kn,
16+16+4+4 = 40
Yes, I'm talking about the things happened in 2006
Don't forget UPA ordered LCA in two batch

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Testing and certificating are two different things
So if it is not certified does that mean its not used how naive you are. I said its ew is indian not Israeli you're saying it's not certified. Wtf how negative one can be.. it will come in future with mk1a that's it

johnj

Who said phalcon radar is superior to netra the newer netra is having GaN
phalcon radar provide 360 degree coverage and max range in excess of 450km
AAAU lacks 360 degree coverage and max range upto 350km in extended mode
Palcon having more console stations compared to AAAU.
Israel developed phalcon 2+ decade ago

Satish Sharma

Country flag
phalcon radar provide 360 degree coverage and max range in excess of 450km
AAAU lacks 360 degree coverage and max range upto 350km in extended mode
Palcon having more console stations compared to AAAU.
Israel developed phalcon 2+ decade ago
Dude phalcon uses 3 radars for 360. I was talking about a single radar netra uses 2 radars for.
And newer netra is superior to currently used falcon by iaf. As it's GaN based which some say was delivered recently in 2023..

Screenshot_2024-01-13-17-40-07-10_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

johnj

So if it is not certified does that mean its not used how naive you are. I said its ew is indian not Israeli you're saying it's not certified. Wtf how negative one can be.. it will come in future with mk1a that's it
HAL offered LCA with Israel package first, a modified version of jaguar package
Israel ASPJ jammer already tested with LCA, and works with both elm2032 and elm 2052 without any issue
Yes, all LCA use DRDO RWR , sorry for making you angry
Russian RWR s/m is so bad IAF/DRDO started developing Indian RWR EW suite. All major Russian aircraft in IAF using DRDO RWR EW suite.

NutCracker

Country flag
Brf has reported it.. they definetely know more than u and me. They reported 89.8kn. and iaf always wanted a 90kn engine. That's not a big deal for ge it has specifically enhanced for india..
LoL it doesn't work like that. I've been reading that site pretty long, 98% there are just like you and me.
I tried to find the origin and came to conclusion that it was first seen in 2015 on tejas.gov.in kind of website which is non existing now, My GE catalog is more recent than that website. We know how fucked up PAC website is, same was the case with that website.

You don't even know how many 89kN engines we even recieved. Or which batch are they from.

johnj

Dude phalcon uses 3 radars for 360. I was talking about a single radar netra uses 2 radars for.
And newer netra is superior to currently used falcon by iaf. As it's GaN based which some say was delivered recently in 2023..

View attachment 236301
You need to understand, Israel developed phalcon 2 decade, or 20 years ago, still one of the best radar in the world. A single sections of phalcon is capable of electronically steering and its maximum range in excess of 450/500km
I dont know any specs of capability of netra ng or netra 2, but IMO all netra lacks 360 coverage - I may be wrong. I'm hoping you provide more info, thanks

Satish Sharma

Country flag
You need to understand, Israel developed phalcon 2 decade, or 20 years ago, still one of the best radar in the world. A single sections of phalcon is capable of electronically steering and its maximum range in excess of 450/500km
I dont know any specs of capability of netra ng or netra 2, but IMO all netra lacks 360 coverage - I may be wrong. I'm hoping you provide more info, thanks

mamamia12

If US does randi-rona with engines of F-404, atleast that may speed up Kaveri development. Because, everytime we were denied a strategic technology, we made it our own. The catch is if US had done that randi-rona just after the 2014 elections, the babus and Mod would have scrapped Tejas program entirely and gone for importing of jets citing lack of engines. But, as of now the window is gone for US, there is very less probability that the program can be scrapped and more likely we may see a revival of indigenous turbofan. I am personally very happy that they hadn't acted previously more aggressively in engine denial.

Blademaster

If US does randi-rona with engines of F-404, atleast that may speed up Kaveri development. Because, everytime we were denied a strategic technology, we made it our own. The catch is if US had done that randi-rona just after the 2014 elections, the babus and Mod would have scrapped Tejas program entirely and gone for importing of jets citing lack of engines. But, as of now the window is gone for US, there is very less probability that the program can be scrapped and more likely we may see a revival of indigenous turbofan. I am personally very happy that they hadn't acted previously more aggressively in engine denial.
Nope. Modi would have pushed for development of engines right there because he very well knows that India cannot afford to buy foreign planes en masse.

standard snowball

Country flag
My fever dream is the 2nd batch 97 of mk1a have kaveri Engine.
Which I know is not possible but the hopium is just too good to let go of 🙂🙂

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Length might be some issue, but diameter is no biggy, I bet at some point even French would've tested their m88 on Rafales while having one ge404 in the parallel.
Dassault & SNECMA worked to have a max commonality between the 2 engines, on the engine itself and on the plane. As the M88 is smaller, where you can fit a F404, you can replace it easily by a M88.

Rafale A was a test bed for new plane solution, but also an engine test bed because Dassault and the french DGA knew that M88 was mature enough to use Rafale A to fine tune it in real field test.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
LoL it doesn't work like that. I've been reading that site pretty long, 98% there are just like you and me.
I tried to find the origin and came to conclusion that it was first seen in 2015 on tejas.gov.in kind of website which is non existing now, My GE catalog is more recent than that website. We know how fucked up PAC website is, same was the case with that website.

You don't even know how many 89kN engines we even recieved. Or which batch are they from.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles