INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

aditya g

Country flag
Aapke charan kahan hain? :hail:

If you could also mark using some indicator those which entered service?

I don't think DRDO LMG is a derivative of INSAS LMG unless I am missing something. It is a variant of FN MAG.

View attachment 20697

Guys, Small request to everyone, This is a chart I prepared for myself and want to know if there is any correction needed. Again, don't freak put and say that all other guns are not INSAS derivatives, my motto is to bring out what has come after insas. I just want to know if anything is missing or wrong especially in the assault rifle section.

soikot banerjee

Country flag
Aapke charan kahan hain? :hail:

If you could also mark using some indicator those which entered service?

I don't think DRDO LMG is a derivative of INSAS LMG unless I am missing something. It is a variant of FN MAG.
Yellow box are the small arms with staus of: Fail, unknown future, prototype.
Rest are inducted here and there not necessarily Army. Rest this is just a part of my article on quora.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Video for this bro?

0------------------------------------

I didnt take the screen shot, so no idea.

Excalibur has many variants including a 16inch one too, I was not aware of MK1 variant in 1B1 hand guard ..

Yes, I've seen some of the Excalibur Mark 1s....

Examples:

Being used in Kashmir and NE.

The guy holding it in the first two, calls it Excalibur MKA1.

Kchontha

Country flag
When will the ak 47 and its clone in the IA, paramilitary and state police forces be replaced by a new look assault rifle? I hate to see those in their arms. Though some of assault rifles, for examples, from Switzerland and Israel such as Sig Sauer 556 and IWI tar21/x95 or galil ace are inspired by legendary ak 47 they looked completely new rifles. Though some of them even share the internal mechanism of ak 47 their new skin, handguard, butt-stock, berrel and ironsight etc make them look almost new and different from the original. We should look for a more reliable and new look rifle to replace these ugly but reliable ak 47 and its clones. Ofb 7.62×39mm ghatak rifle have the potential but it still looks similar to ak47 though some of its internal mechanism are altered. Therefore the only capable candidate at the moment is ARDE's MCIWS/AAR.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Earlier the Trichy assault rifle resembled a modified FN-FAL. Now it seems to have evolved into desi AK103. Or are there multiple versions?
It seems nice that both TAR and Ghatak are getting inducted in the paramiltary forces. Hope to see MCIWS too in their inventory. As for army their import fetish will not go even if drdo/ofb comes up with multiple world class rifles and other products.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Earlier the Trichy assault rifle resembled a modified FN-FAL. Now it seems to have evolved into desi AK103. Or are there multiple versions?
It seems nice that both TAR and Ghatak are getting inducted in the paramiltary forces. Hope to see MCIWS too in their inventory. As for army their import fetish will not go even if drdo/ofb comes up with multiple world class rifles and other products.

TAR is basically a Bulgarian clone. As per Sandeep (who have been in and out of ARDE, OFBs) it is a, "museum piece".

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
You never know. MCIWS is being exhibited in different exhibitions by ARDE. Amogh carbine and excalibur rifles were also touted as museam piece but they came back from the dead. Who knows we may even see Kalantak in a modern avatar someday in some arms exhibition by DRDO. We have a huge requirement in CAPF's and state police forces and hence every rifle will get some order.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Older 1B1 and last one is with scope ..

================

I doubt, It could be OFB 1b1 MKA1 but improved like 1B1 with fixed buttstock and AK pistol grip .. ?

Very old illustration ..
I think he was referring to MRF-91 and not TAR ..

Yes, I've seen some of the Excalibur Mark 1s....

Examples:

Being used in Kashmir and NE.

The guy holding it in the first two, calls it Excalibur MKA1.
TAR is basically a Bulgarian clone. As per Sandeep (who have been in and out of ARDE, OFBs) it is a, "museum piece".

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles