INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Long bursts sound cool but are useless and inaccurate unless belt fed GPMG is solidly placed on a tripod, sandbagged, has adequate ammo, spare barrels, crew support, spotter etc. Therefore magazine fed LMGs are adequate for all man portable roles.

The demand for light 7.62x51 belt fed LMG by Army was to favour Negev, seems to have fallen through for time being. INSAS 7.62x51 with bipod will be better LMG and in any case OFB bipod modification of belt fed FN MAG is adequate for all practical purpose, as USA also uses FN MAG on bipod/tripod.
With GPS (grip pod system) fixed bi pod things of past.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
ગુજરાત પોલીસ રાઈફલે રમે રાસડા

Gujarat Police seems to be inducting Amogh and replacing older 9mm carbine ..

====================================

Well ..

This is such a cringe-worthy way to hold any rifle. Makes me shudder. In my time at the INA, the WSO or the Mah Sahb would have kicked our asses if he saw this (not that he didn't). I get that this is NCC, but still.

Blood+

Country flag
Absolutely abysmal shooting posture!!What the hell is he doing, leaning so far behind on your back at such an awkward angle and take a look at his feet placement!!You need to make sure your body weight is evenly distributed among both of your legs and position your legs in a way they can actually support your body once the recoil kicks in...and you should never lean backward!!I see none of that in here, poor man's gonna hurt his spine or his waist if he continues to shoot this way.If anything, I would say he's doing a damn fine job if he's been trying to show how not to shoot!!

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
Enough about INSAS. Its days are numbered.

Army is switching the caliber as well the maker of gun. Until then we should stop offering good or bad opinions about 1B1 or any other version of it,

soikot banerjee

Country flag
Enough about INSAS. Its days are numbered.

Army is switching the caliber as well the maker of gun. Until then we should stop offering good or bad opinions about 1B1 or any other version of it,
Easy there! this thread is for entire INSAS family as you know it is a platform not just one gun!
ગુજરાત પોલીસ રાઈફલે રમે રાસડા

Gujarat Police seems to be inducting Amogh and replacing older 9mm carbine ..

@Kunal Biswas What are the chances of the AK being an TAR which is almost clone of the AR-M1?

soikot banerjee

Country flag
Detailed Review of JVPC including Firing(9:15) and Single hande shooting(10:48):

Game changer:
1.BEL Sight -Trinetra Sight, allows you to shoot both eyes open
2.Sight can be used in Dark of night.
3.Ambidextrous
4.No use of oil in weapon
5.Nickel-boron-carbide coating Developed by OFB.
6.Noobes calling single handed shooting has huge recoil, remember that he is a journalist not a trained Armed forces officer, so refrain from acting like Hollywood fan boys!

soikot banerjee

Country flag
This is damn fking gun.I heard army now want JVPC to fire depleted uranium 5.56 bullets.
BARC will seriously loose it's $hit over this.
Anyways if this gun is somehow rejected I won't blame it on OFB, DRDO or any other manufacturing party.
It's sole responsibility is the Army.4 Mn pieces can be replaced, If they go with a foreign made that's clearly Lobby at work.

Kchontha

Country flag
Forget Indian army, they will find fault here and there with this gun also until and unless someone from GOI/MOD ram it down their throat. They will say it will create logistic problem because it fires 5.56×30mm minsas not the full 5.56x45 mm nato round etc etc. Indian paramilitary and state police forces are enough for it.

soikot banerjee

Country flag
Forget Indian army, they will find fault here and there with this gun also until and unless someone from GOI/MOD ram it down their throat. They will say it will create logistic problem because it fires 5.56×30mm minsas not the full 5.56x45 mm nato round etc etc. Indian paramilitary and state police forces are enough for it.
Army's need is 44000 against 400000 i.e 11%, JVPC still got a big chunk, Amogh is also seeing some induction here and there as shown by Kunal bhai in some previous thread .
I am waiting for the recent DRDO LMG to come up, as asked by RM to be presented in 30 days!

Kchontha

Country flag
Drdo/arde/ofb should chase IA requirement for 5000 sniper rifle which is capable of firing 8.6 mm bullet because the latest trends in military sniping is towards larger calibers that offer relatively favourable hit probabilities at greater range. They can do it in quick time because they have the baseline weapon in the form of Ishapore's 7.62 sniper rifle.

Coalmine

Country flag
The charging handle was tight. Is.it because its new and with time it will get smooth. Or oil is needed

binayak95

Country flag
Loved the report of the 5.56 MINSAS. That loud crack is one sure fire way of knowing its a f**king supersonic round going off. Loved it! For a PDW, its a lot of firepower.

The govt should turn around to the army and say that all CAPFs are okay with the gun, and that the ICG has already adopted the Amogh - choose one and stick to it!

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Detailed Review of JVPC including Firing(9:15) and Single hande shooting(10:48):

Game changer:
1.BEL Sight -Trinetra Sight, allows you to shoot both eyes open
2.Sight can be used in Dark of night.
3.Ambidextrous
4.No use of oil in weapon
5.Nickel-boron-carbide coating Developed by OFB.
6.Noobes calling single handed shooting has huge recoil, remember that he is a journalist not a trained Armed forces officer, so refrain from acting like Hollywood fan boys!
To be quite honest,I'm kinda disappointed with both JVPC and Sandeep.

Look at 9:20,there's a 'Stovepipe' jam in JVPC (with Nickel-Boron-Nitrite finish).

Later,in same video,around 10:50,there is either failure to feed or failure to fire (due to bad primer,i guess) in JVPC without Nickel-Boron-Nitrite finish.

I mean after all these years,how could they f**k it up ? INSAS family of firearms are already infamous for having bad reliability,and now this.

I'm disappointed with Sandeep because he's showing this up.

I think rate of fire of this gun is somewhat higher,which is causing this stovepipe.My guess is that they didn't put 'Hammer Retarder' or 'Rate Reducer' in JVPC's trigger group,which could potentially reduce chances of such jams.

This is how it looks.

This is how it works.
Video
Animated Video of AKM which has shown rate reducer operation
Description with images.
www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8365

It might happen due to issues with recoil spring,as well.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles