INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
To be quite honest,I'm kinda disappointed with both JVPC and Sandeep.

Look at 9:20,there's a 'Stovepipe' jam in JVPC (with Nickel-Boron-Nitrite finish).

Later,in same video,around 10:50,there is either failure to feed or failure to fire (due to bad primer,i guess) in JVPC without Nickel-Boron-Nitrite finish.

I mean after all these years,how could they f**k it up ? INSAS family of firearms are already infamous for having bad reliability,and now this.

I'm disappointed with Sandeep because he's showing this up.

I think rate of fire of this gun is somewhat higher,which is causing this stovepipe.My guess is that they didn't put 'Hammer Retarder' or 'Rate Reducer' in JVPC's trigger group,which could potentially reduce chances of such jams.

This is how it looks.

This is how it works.
Video
Animated Video of AKM which has shown rate reducer operation
Description with images.
www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8365

It might happen due to issues with recoil spring,as well.
...............................................................................................

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
...............................................................................................

Yep,i've already seen this.

But let me tell you,we're dealing with bunch of people who had rejected first prototype of Excalibur Assault Rifle for having two jams after shooting some thousands of rounds,and these people are expert in shifting their goal posts (of requirements).Such thing could lead to possible rejection of JVPC.

soikot banerjee

Country flag
@Johny_Baba Stovepipe jam are also subject to how the Firearm is handled and I think Mr.sandeep's Journalism profession doesn't allows him to sport one usually!
Anyways all known and accepted that Excalibur won against those foreign maal in Siachen, Thar and Mud tests this would too. They are already aware of the fact that their client is more moody than girl on PMS!

Kchontha

Country flag
When and Why did army test an 5.56*45 Rifle again?
It may be part of the user assisted evaluation of mk1c for zeroing, accuracy and reliability. Meeting international reliability standards in IA evaluation means the rifle has achieved only one stoppage or no stoppages after firing 24,000 rounds. last time the rifle has only two stoppages (where the bullet gets stuck in the breech).

soikot banerjee

Country flag
It may be part of the user assisted evaluation of mk1c for zeroing, accuracy and reliability. Meeting international reliability standards in IA evaluation means the rifle has achieved only one stoppage or no stoppages after firing 24,000 rounds. last time the rifle has only two stoppages (where the bullet gets stuck in the breech).
I suppose they are considering a Interim modification to 1B1?

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Let me Comment on Small Arms Import Mania of Army:-

Pistols - No new Indian Model hence Import

5.56x45 Carbine - Import

Assault Rifle of unknown Caliber - Import

Sniper rifle - Import

Anti Material rifle - Import

Light LMG - Import

Heavy HMG - Import

soikot banerjee

Country flag
Let me Comment on Small Arms Import Mania of Army:-

Pistols - No new Indian Model hence Import

5.56x45 Carbine - Import

Assault Rifle of unknown Caliber - Import

Sniper rifle - Import

Anti Material rifle - Import

Light LMG - Import

Heavy HMG - Import
Hence you have it , slowly the police and CAPF will have more indigenous and new rifles than army as their all deals will be doledrums of price, ToT, single vendor situation falana dikana! They will be stuck with those old small arms and then say goverment is responsible for it, DRDO/OFB everyone. People will believe it outright and spit venom on all the above except Army's redundant acquisition process.

soikot banerjee

Country flag

Report as per INDRA Facebook page:
"Amogh Carbine ( 5.56mm × 30 MINSAS ) spotted with Manipur Police & Gujarat Police. Uptill now only Coast Guard was lone user of this desi Indian made Carbine. Even though it has lost Competition to JVPC ( MSMC ) it is undergoing production and forces are buying this weapon & keeping it alive."

As I said earlier Forces under MHA are undergoing modernisation that can be called close to warfooting level if not equal or more and that is only possible when you take the IDDM (Indigenously designed developed and manufactured)way and not the pseudo Buy foreign and Make In India scheme. Army seriously needs to look at it's outlook towards Indigenous platforms.

soikot banerjee

Country flag
Does anybody have any idea of the OFB Anamika 9mm carbine?
It appeared like storm and disappered like one!
For revision this thing below:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Does anybody have any idea of the OFB Anamika 9mm carbine?
It appeared like storm and disappered like one!
For revision this thing below:
This was a clone of MP5. But after what JVPC has come out to be, I doubt there would be any taker for this one.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I believe its a prototype and not a production model variant ..

I never heard a gun running without oil, CRPF is getting the black MSMC which is usually oiled up like all other firearms ..

To be quite honest,I'm kinda disappointed with both JVPC and Sandeep.

Look at 9:20,there's a 'Stovepipe' jam in JVPC (with Nickel-Boron-Nitrite finish).

soikot banerjee

Country flag
INSAS TABLE - Page 1 (1).jpeg

Guys, Small request to everyone, This is a chart I prepared for myself and want to know if there is any correction needed. Again, don't freak put and say that all other guns are not INSAS derivatives, my motto is to bring out what has come after insas. I just want to know if anything is missing or wrong especially in the assault rifle section.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
INSAS AR ( Full auto 1B1 ) is not operation in IA but Improved 1B1 ( OFB term it same as 1B1 ) ..

MK1C is actually a Excalibur modification, Excalibur MK1 is simply call Excalibur ..

============

JKP is using alot of improved 1b1 in folded butt config ..

Vicky7622

Country flag
I believe its a prototype and not a production model variant ..

I never heard a gun running without oil, CRPF is getting the black MSMC which is usually oiled up like all other firearms ..
actually a gun runs without oil. oil is used for preservation. the oil used is dried up before firing using pull through and cleaning material

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
All the mechanism in the receiver are cleaned and oiled up as a per procedure in India, let it be any rifle ..

I don`t know how it will work without lubing it, people back in days used to pour alot of oil in rifle which cause oil spilling ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles