Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Physx32

Country flag
The N700S has a designed speed of 360 K.M. per hour.

The TCR is going to have a service speed of 330 K.M per hour.
N700s max tested speed is 362 km/hr. In that case, E5 prototypes have reached 400 km/hr during testing.
N700S now has better acceleration and both speed now than the previous iterations.
We don't need that acceleration. We need higher top speed.

Actually, Chinese CR4000BF series like trains are best suited for India. Very high top speed (400 km/hr) but average acceleration (due 8M8T configuration). Both E5 and N700s have 14M2T configuration, which is very expensive.
Plus the TCR has been offered a better hot climate packages.
The E5 which we're getting will be modified for hot weather.
The Operations, matinance, acquisition and viability cost pers seat ratio is also much better
Source: trust me bro.

In the end, both the trains are made by Hitachi, and have similar bogies and traction motors. E5 is suited for us and is Japan's flagship train, that's why we're buying that.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
N700s max tested speed is 362 km/hr. In that case, E5 prototypes have reached 400 km/hr during testing.

We don't need that acceleration. We need higher top speed.

Actually, Chinese CR4000BF series like trains are best suited for India. Very high top speed (400 km/hr) but average acceleration (due 8M8T configuration). Both E5 and N700s have 14M2T configuration, which is very expensive.

The E5 which we're getting will be modified for hot weather.

Source: trust me bro.

In the end, both the trains are made by Hitachi, and have similar bogies and traction motors. E5 is suited for us and is Japan's flagship train, that's why we're buying that.
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . H5 Design speed is also 360 K.M. only.

2 . I didn't brought the acceleration topic here.

3 . TCR specification are very good as far as I knew.

4 . Really, didn't got better wording than this?. Seriously?.

5 . E 5 suited for is line is far from settled.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

The Ezsasa Nibba has said to told that No Posting of Real Estate or project not related to the Infrastructure in any case to be posted on this Thread, in case of any Further violation will result in Direct Ban.

@Butterchickn Nibba, @Atavistic Nibba please use the Skyscraper and Highrises for any further posts.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Good. More and more people are finally beginning to imagine and see what India's public spaces should be like. Not real infrastructure yet, but the zeitgeist is beginning. 5 years ago I had pictures in my head similar to these images, but neither could I represent them without AI, nor did other Indians understand when I told them.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
How are journalists responsible for this? These pictures are taken from ICF stall itself. It's the babudogs who've copy pasted from Google and CRRC brochure.
Shows how much the actual engineers and workers have to deal with these low IQ babus and then come out with decent trains. Unless we decrease the power of all these worthless babus and increase the power of entrepreneurs, engineers, scientists etc, we would find it hard to become an upper income economy by 2047.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
E5 is still the more superior train for us.

N700s is designed for Tokaido line with lower speed (280 km/hr), poor track quality and densely spaced stations. That means acceleration is more important than top speed.

Meanwhile, E5 is designed to run at a higher top speed (because Tohuku line is newer and supports higher speed).

MAHSR is comparable to Chinese lines (in terms of station density). We need more top speed than acceleration. That's why E5 was chosen.

Interiors are anyways customisable. For ATC, we're using DS-ATC, which is good. The ideal solution would've been to use ETCS (as it's much more open source).
I have traveled on both E5 and N700S. The speeds and comfort are not different. The N700S carries more passengers on the main Tokyo to Osaka line which has higher ridership. By the way, Japan rail operations efficiency is not all that great as we are led to believe during high load holidays. Platforms got changed at the last minute and the apps don’t update platforms. And we missed a main service, had to ride the next train standing all the way from Osaka to just before Tokyo (all seats fully booked). But the JR Pass— unlimited, subsidized JR rides for foreigners- was fantastic. You really can get to anywhere in Japan.
Local Japanese though did complain about the high fares for the amount of service received. Also Japanese stations and trains are not handicap friendly. Food options onboard many Shinkansen were not there or pretty limited. Onboard wi-fi was terrible. And because Japanese railroads pass through so many tunnels, cell phone data is poor. Many Japanese actively look for bargains and take slower, cheaper trains showing that purchasing power is decreasing a lot in Japan.
When IR incorporates Shinkansen technology, they need to keep the Indian need for various food options and internet access/entertainment in place. We need to keep the stations very clean and efficient.

Physx32

Country flag
Shows how much the actual engineers and workers have to deal with these low IQ babus and then come out with decent trains. Unless we decrease the power of all these worthless babus and increase the power of entrepreneurs, engineers, scientists etc, we would find it hard to become an upper income economy by 2047.
In railways, engineers themselves are babus. IRSE engineers are recruited through UPSC ESE. Whole railways is controlled by IES babus, here IAS babus are not respected.

Picard

Country flag
Good. More and more people are finally beginning to imagine and see what India's public spaces should be like. Not real infrastructure yet, but the zeitgeist is beginning. 5 years ago I had pictures in my head similar to these images, but neither could I represent them without AI, nor did other Indians understand when I told them.

I hope your public engineers will be smart enough to try and integrate traditional Indian architecture styles into new construction.

SKC

Country flag
I have traveled on both E5 and N700S. The speeds and comfort are not different. The N700S carries more passengers on the main Tokyo to Osaka line which has higher ridership. By the way, Japan rail operations efficiency is not all that great as we are led to believe during high load holidays. Platforms got changed at the last minute and the apps don’t update platforms. And we missed a main service, had to ride the next train standing all the way from Osaka to just before Tokyo (all seats fully booked). But the JR Pass— unlimited, subsidized JR rides for foreigners- was fantastic. You really can get to anywhere in Japan.
Local Japanese though did complain about the high fares for the amount of service received. Also Japanese stations and trains are not handicap friendly. Food options onboard many Shinkansen were not there or pretty limited. Onboard wi-fi was terrible. And because Japanese railroads pass through so many tunnels, cell phone data is poor. Many Japanese actively look for bargains and take slower, cheaper trains showing that purchasing power is decreasing a lot in Japan.
When IR incorporates Shinkansen technology, they need to keep the Indian need for various food options and internet access/entertainment in place. We need to keep the stations very clean and efficient.
Whatever we get should be good!

We are commissioning our 1st line not 100th line that companies would line up to offer all possible variation of the High Speed trains.

@Haldilal - Jo mil raha hai le lo ankh band karke!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles