India's Moon Exploration Program

Deathstar

Country flag
Oh maan i literally shred a tear after this setback , but i am glad whole country was awake for ISRO , this organisation has filled Indians with pride. When was the whole country awake at 2am last time??never but ISRO could do it.
We have always succeeded after such setbacks , remember i will call it a setback and not a failure cz 90% mission successful with no glitch.
Successful at
seperating lander from orbiter in 1st attempt
De orbiting maneuver for lander in 1st attempt.
Next time we will achieve it 100% , lets hope this setback propels government to give even more funds to ISRO.
Jai hind

Akula

Country flag
Oh maan i literally shred a tear after this setback , but i am glad whole country was awake for ISRO , this organisation has filled Indians with pride. When was the whole country awake at 2am last time??never but ISRO could do it.
We have always succeeded after such setbacks , remember i will call it a setback and not a failure cz 90% mission successful with no glitch.
Successful at
seperating lander from orbiter in 1st attempt
De orbiting maneuver for lander in 1st attempt.
Next time we will achieve it 100% , lets hope this setback propels government to give even more funds to ISRO.
Jai hind
My whole family was watching with me Chandrayaan 2 landing. Even my father called me and said to remain awake.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
View attachment 38286

Source @Gautam Sarkar
For a second there DSN Madrid was receiving data from the lander

Now it has disappeared. Madrid has lost LOS and Goldstone is tracking the orbiter.

Note the time stamp

So as i previously alluded lander must have landed , but there was comms failure due to possible malfunction of some comms equipment . Higher that expected G forces might have induced anomalous behaviour in the comms component like displaced linkages or unintended transient voltage transfer shorting out the circuit's. If grounding is established maybe there is a chance to drain off surge voltage if any, unfortunately I have no understanding of the working of the same in space systems. So not 100% sure.but Similar power failures happened with isro satellites power bus.

Anyways sometimes systems can recover if lucky enough. Keeping fingers crossed.
Source please.........................................................................

AnantS

Country flag
Guys can you please stop posting Illiterate Buffoon Musings here? I dont understand why so many fine posters here seek validation of Pakis for everything India does? If you want still want to post please post paki vomits in chit chat thread!!!

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This is the thing wrong with some Indians... always looking for boogeymen rather than doing a methodical introspection with a singular desire to improve and achieve its goal.

There's nothing wrong in failing. Fsilure only becomes wrong and shameful if it defeats your spirit and stops your dreams. I ssy to my Indian friends, forget the boogeymen, improve and succeed for the moon is yours for the picking!
Nah, it's good. Simplest way to handle pork trolls is to to upload a meme, or else you have to actually read what they say... or write a reply.

The orbiter is functional. Very unlikely that the lander survived.
I know... That's not what I meant.

Can't the functional orbiter be used to reestablish communication with the lost lander? In which case, we will be sure whether it survived the landing or not...

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag

To add to it

" We have to find out from the communication data whether it is a soft landing or it is a crash landing.In my opinion,it is not a crash landing because the communication channel is on between the lander and the orbiter. It should be intact. ” - Fmr Isro chief

As I said earlier the lander has landed but one or some of the comms components must have malfunctioned due to the hard transition before landing.

AnantS

Country flag
To add to it

" We have to find out from the communication data whether it is a soft landing or it is a crash landing.In my opinion,it is not a crash landing because the communication channel is on between the lander and the orbiter. It should be intact. ” - Fmr Isro chief
Thanks Man! Lets hope for the best !

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
If we aren't going to send back a mission within an year, I don't think it's of any use to waste time while other projects suffer.

We should focus on Gaganyaan first now. Everything & every other mission on Moon, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, asteroid and exo-solar system is secondary and needs to be put on back burner. A reliable HLV & humans in space first.

Deathstar

Country flag
It will be reviewed now. ISRO was supposed to make lander, the most vital part for Japan in this upcoming mission. As it didn't work out as desired, project will come under scrutiny.
And scrutiny should come indeed ,this will only help us in our future missions. And ISRO with its record does rectify its mistakes and gets success , hope for the best

porky_kicker

Country flag
Nah, it's good. Simplest way to handle pork trolls is to to upload a meme, or else you have to scraggly read what they say... or write a reply.

Can't the functional orbiter be used to reestablish communication with the lost lander? In which case, we will be sure whether it survived the landing or not...
If the lander is unable to send data inspite of the having a comm link with the orbiter what will the orbiter do ?

The onboard TX/RX system requires the onboard data processing package to process data and format it for transmission over the same and vice versa after receiving the data. TX/RX system is working but the backend system which processes the data to be sent or be received seems not to be working at the he moment.

Voltage surge or transient leakage might be a reason , however systems can recover if it has the firmware installed to reboot.

Eg in a normal oscilloscope if it is subjected to out of range voltage beyond instrumented range , the output readings flatlines and shuts down to recover and then reboots if the surge voltage is no longer present.

Same recovery can happen with the landers malfunctioning components provided the anomalous cause ceases to exist .

Last edited:

Indrajit

Country flag
Nah, it's good. Simplest way to handle pork trolls is to to upload a meme, or else you have to scraggly read what they say... or write a reply.

The lander probably didnt survive the impact because it was tumbling and probably crashed at high velocity. The orbiter has passed over the landing/crash site, I suspect that the pictures are already available.

here2where

Very proud Indian today for the achievement's a developing country like ours have made in Space program.

Our most recent moon mission may not have gone as per our most fervent patriotic expectations, but as Modiji correctly said in science there is no such thing as failure, only opportunities to learn further.
Iam confident ISRO will understand what happened to the core, learn valuable lessons from it, perfect the lander technology and make it consistently repeatable.
Thats what the ultimate aim should be - repeatable and dependable space program.

Onwards & upwards ISRO. Country is with you guys!!!
Jai Hind.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Pakistanis will to troll us. We would have trolled them if the mission would have been successful. We have been trolling them since the rocket launch.

Learn to live with animosities.

Move out of this setback. Learn to switch off and on quickly. No need to shed tears.

Play games like Chess and see how you react when you lose. Either you will be freaked out not to play again or you will change your attitude towards the loss, if you still remain stuck with your losses your body will tell you to stop. Objectively learn and remember your mistakes and see how fast you can overcome the loss. Try it.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
If the lander is unable to send data inspite of the having a comm link with the orbiter what will the orbiter do ?

The onboard TX/RX system requires the onboard data processing package to process data and format it for transmission over the same and vice versa after receiving the data. TX/RX system is working but the backend system which processes the data to be sent or be received seems not to be working at the he moment.

Voltage surge or transient leakage might be a reason , however systems can recover if it has the firmware installed to reboot.

Eg in a normal oscilloscope if it is subjected to out of range voltage beyond instrumented range , the output readings flatlines and shuts down to recover and then reboots if the surge voltage is no longer present.
sauce..............................................................................

AnantS

Country flag

Eg in a normal oscilloscope if it is subjected to out of range voltage beyond instrumented range , the reading flatlines and shuts down to recover and then reboots if the surge voltage is no longer present.
what are the chances it landed on an inclined surface (like edge of crater?) , it might have tumbled down .. causing irregular or weak signals-- as lander might be in shadow and having incorrect orientation(coz of tumbling down)?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles