Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Waiting for obligatory "para sf always had qnvg in their inventory " comment from pahadi chuha and elite prey.
I’d like to see them testing that stuff but let’s be real- buying new toys is one thing but knowing how to use them is a very different story

until you see Paras with IR strobes and other such equipment that allows them to actually operate at night it’s all just a gimmick. Night fighting is a skill not just about buying the stuff off the shelf

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 232062
View attachment 232063
Top pic is of Kurdish CTG operator and bottom pic is of our IMSF guys.
If you compare the two images carefully, you will realise we still have a long way to go as procuring gear is just half the step.
Marcos are clearly still in the learning phase when it comes to modern gear.
The cable management (or lack of it)is kinda scary.
I thought that too. Whilst this is the most ‘operator’ we’ve seen any Indian unit ever it’s the small things that give away the game. For this kind of mission I’d have thought the snag risk all that loose equipment and wild wiring could cause would be a big no-no for any professional force forget SF.

Anyway it’s still a positive sign, it takes a certain kind of intent to get to the standard they are at, the IN seems competent enough to make some decent strides in mastering things. Have to hope the deeper strategic ties india is forging with the west translates to more peer-peer SF interaction and not just the kind of FID pr annual exercises you see these days. At any time there should be a few Indian SF teams exercising/training in Western countries and vice versa otherwise its All just eye wash

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles