Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Don't blame the officers themselves. If you have seen various interviews of Army wives done by Maj. Gaurav Arya in his series on the armed forces, you'd see the body language displayed by the wives are like socialites of Delhi. Obviously this rubs on to the children.

With difference in pay increasing with every pay commission between ranks and officers, the life style difference is also getting wider and the class contrast becomes more apparent among the children who don't learn the tact of humbleness anymore in the world where everyone flaunts their privilege.

However, that doesn't describe the officers themselves or the force as a whole, I hope.
Even more politics is there so much so that many other things are influenced.

But i refrain myself these days because the audience is immature here.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Boss wives and children behave like this because their Husbands / Dad's behave like fief lords. I know a whole host of families that don't becaise the officer understands his service to country and his troops
Sir actually the problem starts when a newly wed Captains wife joins the regtt.

She is groomed such by her husband and her senior ladies that she cant even express her opinion.

Most of the wives are from very humble background and not much of their own to boast of professionally.

So when they compromise their ego since a young age thinking CO and family is everything then thats exactly what she does when she is there.

I have a very good friend who was a Cabin Crew in an International Airline earning more money than any General and a independent woman who was self made.

She met me after a long time at an airport and told me she was marrying a Army officer and to my shock was boasting of the Army cantt life that she is gonna live now.

I calmed her excitement down by warning her of the culture shock she will experience.Neverthless it hardly had any impact.

Few months later came to know she didnt like it as i had already predicted coz she was a self made lady with achievements who wont be bogged down by senseless heirarchy.

Now she works in Delhi and the husband comes home on vacation..she doesnt visit.

I also believe this to be the reason of why so many young officers leave.

We are taught about this in my profession and there is even a subject..The further east you go of Greeenwich meridian the more this is.

Respect is one thing..this is wrong.

rkhanna

Country flag

She is groomed such by her husband and her senior ladies that she cant even express her opinion.

Most of the wives are from very humble background and not much of their own to boast of professionally.

So when they compromise their ego since a young age thinking CO and family is everything then thats exactly what she does when she is there.

I have a very good friend who was a Cabin Crew in an International Airline earning more money than any General and a independent woman who was self made.

She met me after a long time at an airport and told me she was marrying a Army officer and to my shock was boasting of the Army cantt life that she is gonna live now.

I calmed her excitement down by warning her of the culture shock she will experience.Neverthless it hardly had any impact.

Few months later came to know she didnt like it as i had already predicted coz she was a self made lady with achievements who wont be bogged down by senseless heirarchy.

Now she works in Delhi and the husband comes home on vacation..she doesnt visit.

We are taught about this in my profession and there is even a subject..The further east you go of Greeenwich meridian the more this is.

Agree!! Across the board the toxic culture has seeped in through the pores

EternalNxg

Country flag
Be honest with me are u one of them , look @Aspirant847 just confessed . Its really good to have aspirants and students join the community to learn more about military community and internal affairs and contribute to DFI
Ok ok ok
Preparing for CDS OTA. Still haven't completed my graduation but I'm getting there you know, bit by bit.

abingdonboy

Country flag

The IA’s traditions are pretty alien to India, they are basically just British imperial legacy of 100 years ago (like I’ve said before the British army has long since dropped most of the archaic customs that IA clings to to this day). They have become so insular (cantonments and an entire parallel economy) that they don’t mirror the society they are there to protect, militaries are meant to reflect the country they come from but the IA’s officer class pushes something else. This breeds elitism and an in vs out mentality

This might be changing with a new generation of young officers coming from a ‘new India’ however the very top of the organisation will create perverse incentives to maintain their outdated culture for the flag officer class. Contrary to what some may assume it’s not a meritocracy at the top

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The IA’s traditions are pretty alien to India, they are basically just British imperial legacy of 100 years ago (like I’ve said before the British army has long since dropped most of the archaic customs that IA clings to to this day). They have become so insular (cantonments and an entire parallel economy) that they don’t mirror the society they are there to protect, militaries are meant to reflect the country they come from but the IA’s officer class pushes something else. This breeds elitism and an in vs out mentality

This might be changing with a new generation of young officers coming from a ‘new India’ however the very top of the organisation will create perverse incentives to maintain their outdated culture for the flag officer class. Contrary to what some may assume it’s not a meritocracy at the top
As i have said many times with a very diplomatic tone that i have worked with the faujis in my field and nothing i say again nothing reflects the world class standards as far as i am concerned and i have seen everyone from senior level officers to Indian Top Gun graduates.

What they are yet to implement has been in the industry since 20 years.

Army is further run by bigger ignorants who have nothing except false bravdo to display which is quite reflective in the YouTube videos.

What people see is the nvg..what should be seen is the approach and training of western Armies.

The condition of modernisation is poor coz of this and there have been incidents in the past whose narrative has been turned because of propaganda..people have been falsely awarded in this system.

Anyone raising a question is branded anti national and this forum is no different.

abingdonboy

Country flag
As i have said many times with a very diplomatic tone that i have worked with the faujis in my field and nothing i say again nothing reflects the world class standards as far as i am concerned and i have seen everyone from senior level officers to Indian Top Gun graduates.

What they are yet to implement has been in the industry since 20 years.

Army is further run by bigger ignorants who have nothing except false bravdo to display which is quite reflective in the YouTube videos.

What people see is the nvg..what should be seen is the approach and training of western Armies.

The condition of modernisation is poor coz of this and there have been incidents in the past whose narrative has been turned because of propaganda..people have been falsely awarded in this system.

Anyone raising a question is branded anti national and this forum is no different.
100%, the sorry state of the military is not just due to a lack of funds alone. The British army has been dealing with a shortfall in funding for decades but are still considered amongst the finest ground combatants in history because of their ethos that is instilled at their most basic levels. It doesn’t take US kind of money to teach basic soldering and to see soldiers with proper trigger discipline or how to react to contact

I would say though from all my learning that IAF/IN (IA to an extent but much less so, probably in the future as they gain experience ) Test pilots and engineers are world class for sure and this is testament to the culture that isn’t there in the IA’s officer class on the whole. They are humble and respect that everyone has something to share and teach them. I don’t know/can’t say that this extends to the line pilots in either service though and would fathom it’s not that likely to. I’d like to imagine TACDE falls within the same standard but can’t say for sure

IA is just too inward-looking and prideful. My genuine fear after watching the Russian misadventure is that IA officers actually believe their own rhetoric about being the best. The PLA might have something to say about that in the near future. Fighting canon fodder (poorly fed NE commies and inbred jihadis in JK) with some skirmishes with a truly backwards military (Pakistan’s) has potentially filled the IA’s heads with some wrong assumptions of their own capabilities.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Emphasis on the words "Helmet mounted" . Although its true that Tonbo has a technological edge , however MKU has an overall edge with its already available NVGs and domestic helmets . Why dont we just divide the orders b/w the two . The delivery of packages are gonna get get faster .
Because uniformity is a necessity, plus the helmets being from MKU aren't necessarily a problem, especially considering most of the highcuts came from Team Wendy and such.

EternalNxg

Country flag
I've just found out that Marcos and Para sf are the only 2 sf units that allow 10th std passouts to volunteer 😳😳
Sailors from MR and NMR entry
And Soldiers from rally bharti. Garuds minimum is 10+2 which is X&Y group entry. Thoughts?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles