Indian Special Forces

Fire and groove

Country flag
Someone here was talking of green berets being ambushed in nigeria. Which ambush tongo tongo ambush (4 GB KIA) or some other ambush?
Well those people should do more research, but i doubt they'll do it since it doesn't support their narrative. The Tongo Tongo ambush in it's current popular narrative state is used as a "haha US special forces sux" thanks to the edited version getting traction and a bad grasp on the kind of resistance being faced as well as realities on the ground, anybody who's been following it long enough however is aware of the french raid that uncovered the unedited footage which gives the full picture of why that contact went wrong.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Other than guns i don't think anyone in this forum has experience regarding this why would any sf guy listen to a chairborne . Your opinion will change if you see Western sf guy with same technique . Regarding Holster I don't think other than basics in guns and ammunition that too one or two members to be fair have been from practical background knowledge . Ofb babus may trash you guys in Pratical along with theory . Simple thing is that you just can't have all knowledge like rathee ji sitting on your pc . Yes you can give opinions that's your right no taking away from that .
Qualifications are in no way a substitute for an actual response. Simply defering to authority rather than critical thinking leads to complacancy.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
Indian army Currently has about 5 to 6k para sf soldiers , you guys feel this number is bloated ?
Considering the land mass and terrain we have this is adequately required.
Also we need designated units for different climates and terrains , mountain warfare - desert warfare - jungle warfare are three unique challenges.
well you have 4,9 for mountain, 10 for desert and 21 for jungle. correct me if i'm wrong.
Well those people should do more research, but i doubt they'll do it since it doesn't support their narrative. The Tongo Tongo ambush in it's current popular narrative state is used as a "haha US special forces sux" thanks to the edited version getting traction and a bad grasp on the kind of resistance being faced as well as realities on the ground, anybody who's been following it long enough however is aware of the french raid that uncovered the unedited footage which gives the full picture of why that contact went wrong.
bhencho tongo tongo ambush was just a bad luck. wtf does it has to do with american sf sux? they are literally conducting an operation deep inside enemy territory, there are lot of things that can go wrong.

Fire and groove

Country flag
@Waanar
"You're being a hypocrite.
After all, OFB guys can trash you in practical as well as theory.
How dare you question the competence of OFB?"

Offcourse there is corruption in OFB , gunsmithing, metallurgy for artillery , designing aati hai tujhe ? Any one of above theory bhi aata hai . Command ki Canteens me hota hai corruption kya kar lega. Does that take aways skills of soldier he has learnt over years? That 10 sf guy apne comfort ke hisab se kiya hoga may not look what you saw on reddit or yt everyone has own alternations kya dikkat tere ko?
"Does that take aways the skills of soldier he has learnt over the years?"
No, but it doesn't establish it either. Time spent doesn't automatically equal quality training. You can shoot a 1000 rounds and still have ass trigger control, recoil management, weapon manipulation and handling skills, cover utilisation skills etc. Because if you don't have a grounded training regimen with established logical foundations you're not really gonna get better with more rounds.

"That 10 SF guy apne comfort ke hisab se kiya hoga"
Thats an assumption. At the end of the day we don't really know why he's got a thigh holster on and not a hip holster. Could be a lack of choice in the matter, could be a lack of experience with running a thigh holster under combat conditions, or it could very well be personnel evidence. But you can't just assume something because you want it to be true.

Fire and groove

Country flag
well you have 4,9 for mountain, 10 for desert and 21 for jungle. correct me if i'm wrong.

bhencho tongo tongo ambush was just a bad luck. wtf does it has to do with american sf sux? they are literally conducting an operation deep inside enemy territory, there are lot of things that can go wrong.
You misinterpreted my point but you're also wrong. This wasn't just "bad luck" but negligence by their command who ignored the warnings the SF operators had voiced regarding how the KLE they were being sent for had way too risky operational factors and that it wasn't a sound plan in the first place. They had rightfully pointed out the lack of firepower and support amongst various other things.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
Thoda proof dijiye bhai aapki sabhi bato ka. Seen quad nods in service and very recently saw the pic of it running around on Twitter. Ya toh mein galut honga ya aap hoge
uh no, there's no pics of quads (but garuds allegedely have *some* quads, purane pilot wale,). yaha pe binos are for the elitest group.
You misinterpreted my point but you're also wrong. This wasn't just "bad luck" but negligence by their command who ignored the warnings the SF operators had voiced regarding how the KLE they were being sent for had way too risky operational factors and that it wasn't a sound plan in the first place. They had rightfully pointed out the lack of firepower and support amongst various other things.
yea so what does it have to do with american sf sux?

Fire and groove

Country flag
@abingdonboy drills looks fine to mine... can anyone share the timestamps which he's pointing out?
1:00 min onwards, hugs the wall with his back limiting mobility and flags his rifle across into the hall kicking off the battle clock by alerting anyone watching. That dude's eating a bullet the moment he peeks. The guy rounding the corner eating up all the angles which he can in no way effectively address and is unsupported.
1:09 Again, back to the wall and flank exposed to the open threshold which by the way no one is pulling security on. Anybody inside peeking the doorway can clap the indian pointman at this moment.
Pretty consistent pattern here, they're being taught to hug the wall (which is actually bad) to the point of dogma. It makes sense to hug micro-terrain like trees to avoid exposure to oblique angles. CQB in structures is an entirely different story.

Covfefe

Country flag
Indian army Currently has about 5 to 6k para sf soldiers , you guys feel this number is bloated ?
Considering the land mass and terrain we have this is adequately required.
Also we need designated units for different climates and terrains , mountain warfare - desert warfare - jungle warfare are three unique challenges.
Exactly 5-6k extremely hard-working and talented people, and yet we cannot equip and train them at par with the best there is? This economy, pension and other Rona dhona does not justify the gap- either we don't need to have that level of sophistication, or that we are not capable to?

SGOperative

Country flag
I guess towards the end where the make the final entry you can see the thirdman flag the two guys on the right. Even generaly speaking the indian stack kind off disobeys the "muzzle before flesh" rule.
Dont think he flagged them there his gun looks like is right of the farthest guy

senapati3

Country flag
View attachment 148138
Garud special forces
Only a matter of time before they surpass para SF in terms of equipment.
Yep but according to exfarts aren't they less competent than Para SF , since they get casualties while CI/CT operations , ONE genius said it's a shame in special forces when one is hit on the chest during operations. Also Garuds should operate behind army units. 🙏

ManhattanProject

Country flag

Green Berets don't agree with your views
Dude how naive are you? No one is going to convey their real feelings on a international military exercise. There are thousands of interviews of US spec ops guys on the internet, not once have they mentioned Indian sf as equal. But you can find them gushing over the SAS and their european counterparts. They come to India mostly for show and charity, to teach us.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Dude how naive are you? No one is going to convey their real feelings on a international military exercise. There are thousands of interviews of US spec ops guys on the internet, not once have they mentioned Indian sf as equal. But you can find them gushing over the SAS and their european counterparts. They come to India mostly for show and charity, to teach us.
Okay.
Naive == believing Indian operator interview
Intelligent == believing Western SF operator interview

vidhwanshak

Country flag

believing Indian operator is naiveness
watch @38:22

Global Defence

New threads

Articles