Indian Special Forces

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Isn't that big? We don't have that capability right now, do we?
Forward Air controllers?? We have had that capability atleast since 1971.

IMG_20210904_084049.jpg

It's from a book called India's war written by Air vice Marshal Arjun Subramanian. Excellent book and a must read. Goes over all the wars India has fought and it's history, marking out extraordinary feats of the Triservice, blunders and everything in between.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
AK-47 7.62*39
PKM 7.62*54
M4/Tar-21 5.56*45

cannot fathom the need to have the AK-47 in the squad if already have the M4/Tar-21

again going to ruffle some feathers but this is a deep indication of complacency and a lack of preparedness. I think @rkhanna said it before- they’ve gotten used to fighting with an ammo truck within metres. No fighting force that was hardened or expecting to undertake legitimate offensive ops on enemy soil would configure themselves like this. One of the gravest strategic mistakes any military can make is over extending/breaking down their logistical lines.

Nothing changes my mind these days that the IA/Indian military in general has become CT/COIN focused and has grown soft as a peacetime force. If/when the ballon goes up a LOT of shortcomings are going to emerge (like they did in 2019)
Chill they carry weapons according to their wish no need to go hyper over it. Army doesn't need lectures how to fight war from arm chairs.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Chill they carry weapons according to their wish no need to go hyper over it. Army doesn't need lectures how to fight war from arm chairs.
Exactly. War games are organised for various scenarios when a batallion at the front comes to a peace station. Those deal with things like these.

And Why would our army not fight with an ammo truck within meters during a CT/CI op when the option to do so is available? It makes little sense.

armyofhind

Country flag
From own firing experience. Changing a mag in an AR pattern your secondary hand moves with the new magazine to towards the area of your primary fist. (Close proximity). In the bullpup it moves towards your tricep as such.

In the bullpup you have to be aware of all the other kit getting in the Way. It's lower than your current line of sight. IMO all things being equal the AR will facilitate a faster reload.
To further explain what I was trying to say about individual proficiency -

Seems like a regular gun junkie guy, not even an operator. Check out the reload time on the AUG. An operator who's trained on this thousands of times would be able to do it far smoother and faster.

rkhanna

Country flag
To further explain what I was trying to say about individual proficiency -

Seems like a regular gun junkie guy, not even an operator. Check out the reload time on the AUG. An operator who's trained on this thousands of times would be able to do it far smoother and faster.
My point is that if the very same operator was on an AR he would do the same reload faster on am AR than an an AUG. All I am ALL THINGS EQUAL the ar would be faster because of layout and distance from body and arm positions.

Which is one of the reasons why you don't see a Bullpup in SOF forces, including the French and Israelis

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Atleast cheaper than the SCAR, but they arent as battle proven.
Excuse me , the SOCOM has already started adopting the Mcx rattler with 300 blk kit and the CAG Delta have also been operating MCX Virtus SBR for some time now . Some of them have orderedfor Ext. Mags tho the capacity of these new mags are unknown to me . If I'm not wrong some german police and UKSF also use it . So why not atleast for SOF purposes .
If the so called Para SF order would've been in my hand , I would've given orders for the MCX Virtus SBR , 716is and Barrett M-Rads rather than sucking FN or HK's toes :dude:

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Excuse me , the SOCOM has already started adopting the Mcx rattler with 300 blk kit and the CAG Delta have also been operating MCX Virtus SBR for some time now . Some of them have orderedfor Ext. Mags tho the capacity of these new mags are unknown to me . If I'm not wrong some german police and UKSF also use it . So why not atleast for SOF purposes .
If the so called Para SF order would've been in my hand , I would've given orders for the MCX Virtus SBR , 716is and Barrett M-Rads rather than sucking FN or HK's toes :dude:
If anyone will buy the SIG MCX in India first, IMO will be the NSG. Mainly since it fits their overall requirement of a family of guns of different barrel lengths and calibers and their love of buying an entire family of guns like they did for the MP5 family and Sig 550 family.
They’ve already bought the first piece of the puzzle of the new generation of SIG SAUER firearms aka the SIG MPX, it’s only natural at some point that they buy the MCX.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Forward Air controllers?? We have had that capability atleast since 1971.

View attachment 108275

It's from a book called India's war written by Air vice Marshal Arjun Subramanian. Excellent book and a must read. Goes over all the wars India has fought and it's history, marking out extraordinary feats of the Triservice, blunders and everything in between.
No no. I am not talking about them. I meant Combat Controller Teams in US SOCOM. CCTs have the additional capability of being a mini-forward air traffic control, directing air traffic in the tactical battle area. This requires special training and equipment. Forward Air Controllers, on the other hand, don't require this because they are usually in support of Infantry and therefore the air traffic in their tactical battle area can be controlled via Mobile ATCs similar to the ones Indian Air Force has deployed in the ALGs. And I don't remember exactly but there were some other additional skills as well that CCTs have but Forward Air Controllers don't.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
If anyone will buy the SIG MCX in India first, IMO will be the NSG. Mainly since it fits their overall requirement of a family of guns of different barrel lengths and calibers and their love of buying an entire family of guns like they did for the MP5 family and Sig 550 family.
They’ve already bought the first piece of the puzzle of the new generation of SIG SAUER firearms aka the SIG MPX, it’s only natural at some point that they buy the MCX.
Well the NSG are the first ones to win the race always , they are always evolving to changes , the garuds and marcos take away silver and bronze they are also great runner ups . The Ghataks and Para SF are the last ones to adapt . Lets keep SFF or SG out of the competition. The airborne and sf are like the identical twins , except the airborne become the parents kid and get all the gifts and SF is discriminated brother who performs best but doesnt recieve gifts . Jokes aside .
I think regimental separation is a necessary step

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
I don't think so, this exercise is happening in Vietnam, where IA isn't participating, most likely these are Bangladesh regulars.
Plus the background looks like russia , as far as i know Vietnam isn't hosting any of the exercises be it army 2021 , zapad 2021 , sco peace exercise 2021 .
In all of which india has participated or will participate

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles