Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I don’t think the soldier in the pic is even an SF operator and he looks better equipped than 90% of our SFs. The reason I believe he’s not SF is Armasen usually gives very subtle hints, ex: Special forces rig for a special person. In the description on social media there’s nothing to suggest that

Scramjet

Country flag
Dunno about USSOCOM but yes, German police and CTSFO (UK) are definitely using the rattler.

I haven't seen too many pics of any of USA's Military affiliated SOF with those.
Geiselle uppers (10.5 inch and 16 inch barrels iirc) are in vogue right now.
USA has found it's footing in the AR platform. Will require something truly revolutionary for them to desist from using that.

Spot on about the MRAD though. It's tailor made for USSF and really really nitpicks the finer details for operational requirements. Stuff like brass not flying out when ejecting to keep a low profile after shooting because fast movers catch the eye.
Insane attention to details.
Here's a good breakdown-

Alas, it remains a dream though. For a SOF with a higher command which doesn't have an understanding of the importance of a definite, competitive sniper school, such a thing may seem little more than a gimmick.
Most of the SOCOM uses modified m4a1s and mk18s (dd ris, geiselle urgi uppers), JSOC has a better arsenal compared to SOCOM

Scramjet

Country flag

Please do read this once.
I'm happy we are using plethora of techniques, still this article gives an insight.

Gessler

Country flag
Looks like even the Russians like using wood for their Sniper rifle😂
It's a competition/sporting rifle. Also used by LE in small numbers.

Regular Russian military sniping platforms are SV-98 and modernized SVDs, both with synthetic/fiberglass furniture. In SOFs, the most prevalent are in fact Accuracy International & Steyr rifles (and SVU & HK MR308 for marksmen are not uncommon).

Doubt wood is practical for field use in this day & age. There's a reason why almost no modern military sniper platform uses it, whether in West or Russia. Sporting/hunting rifles are a different matter.

Articles