Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
What unit is the Indian side from and what sniper rifle are they using?

wouldn’t surprise me if Pakis beat Indian side in sniper competition- only very recently has long range shooting/sniping become focused on in the Indian army and even then I’m not sure if there’s a dedicated school for it. Pakis have had long range shooting schools for a while and dedicated sniper training for decades whilst for a long time india limited itself to designated marksmen.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Thats why ak 203 is necessary, it will bring uniformity.
Like we had with the SLR or with the Ishapors
Should've been a 5.56 platform with Mk 318 mod 0/1 ammunition under private manufacturing. Unfortunately the Indian Army hasn't bothered updating it's knowledge on small arms for more than a decade now.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
What unit is the Indian side from and what sniper rifle are they using?

wouldn’t surprise me if Pakis beat Indian side in sniper competition- only very recently has long range shooting/sniping become focused on in the Indian army and even then I’m not sure if there’s a dedicated school for it. Pakis have had long range shooting schools for a while and dedicated sniper training for decades whilst for a long time india limited itself to designated marksmen.
Looks like even the Russians like using wood for their Sniper rifle😂

Scramjet

Country flag
Excuse me , the SOCOM has already started adopting the Mcx rattler with 300 blk kit and the CAG Delta have also been operating MCX Virtus SBR for some time now . Some of them have orderedfor Ext. Mags tho the capacity of these new mags are unknown to me . If I'm not wrong some german police and UKSF also use it . So why not atleast for SOF purposes .
If the so called Para SF order would've been in my hand , I would've given orders for the MCX Virtus SBR , 716is and Barrett M-Rads rather than sucking FN or HK's toes :dude:
CAG is going for KAC SR16 most likely

Waanar

Country flag
Excuse me , the SOCOM has already started adopting the Mcx rattler with 300 blk kit and the CAG Delta have also been operating MCX Virtus SBR for some time now . Some of them have orderedfor Ext. Mags tho the capacity of these new mags are unknown to me . If I'm not wrong some german police and UKSF also use it . So why not atleast for SOF purposes .
If the so called Para SF order would've been in my hand , I would've given orders for the MCX Virtus SBR , 716is and Barrett M-Rads rather than sucking FN or HK's toes :dude:
Dunno about USSOCOM but yes, German police and CTSFO (UK) are definitely using the rattler.

I haven't seen too many pics of any of USA's Military affiliated SOF with those.
Geiselle uppers (10.5 inch and 16 inch barrels iirc) are in vogue right now.
USA has found it's footing in the AR platform. Will require something truly revolutionary for them to desist from using that.

Spot on about the MRAD though. It's tailor made for USSF and really really nitpicks the finer details for operational requirements. Stuff like brass not flying out when ejecting to keep a low profile after shooting because fast movers catch the eye.
Insane attention to details.
Here's a good breakdown-

Alas, it remains a dream though. For a SOF with a higher command which doesn't have an understanding of the importance of a definite, competitive sniper school, such a thing may seem little more than a gimmick.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles