Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've lurked for about a week and now I wanna ask your opinions on a few queries as you seem to be a bunch of well learned people.

I'm gonna finish my 11th in about 2 months and although I've been wanting to wear the uniform for a long time there are multiple fleeting doubts in my mind. My problem is as follows-

It's like there are two parts in me, one who wants beautiful girls, fast cares, fat paychecks and living in a foreign country and then there's the other part which just wants to join the sf, live a live full of amazing experiences and serve his nation.

these two parts fight a lot, 3 days of the week I will feel like joining the forces and then 4 days of doubt and thinking about the easy comfortable life.

I wake up at 6 in the morning and my mind asks me, you're lazy af now how will you become a soldier? Waking up at 6 is such a hard task for you how will you endure the hard army life? And I ask myself, what if I choose the easy life? Will I be a coward?

I'm conflicted and when that feeling comes I feel actual emotional pain.

I've laughed at older people who put out posts like these and wow here I am.
After going through your post i feel that..

You won't enjoy SF life.

Its good for films and this is the reason i didn't join.

Its a lot of struggle plus people who want to study and explore the world are not suitable for SF job.(my case)

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've lurked for about a week and now I wanna ask your opinions on a few queries as you seem to be a bunch of well learned people.

I'm gonna finish my 11th in about 2 months and although I've been wanting to wear the uniform for a long time there are multiple fleeting doubts in my mind. My problem is as follows-

It's like there are two parts in me, one who wants beautiful girls, fast cares, fat paychecks and living in a foreign country and then there's the other part which just wants to join the sf, live a live full of amazing experiences and serve his nation.

these two parts fight a lot, 3 days of the week I will feel like joining the forces and then 4 days of doubt and thinking about the easy comfortable life.

I wake up at 6 in the morning and my mind asks me, you're lazy af now how will you become a soldier? Waking up at 6 is such a hard task for you how will you endure the hard army life? And I ask myself, what if I choose the easy life? Will I be a coward?

I'm conflicted and when that feeling comes I feel actual emotional pain.

I've laughed at older people who put out posts like these and wow here I am.
I am only going to say one thing: Whatever you do, don't join the Forces until you are able to overcome this barrier. Until you can make the conscious decision to give up the fat paychecks and civil life on your own, you are bound to get weeded out in the probation for Special Forces after you've already joined up in the Forces. And then you'll not be able to become either of these things you want to be right now. Special Forces means that you are mentally tough. So test it out now. And unless you are absolutely sure that SF is what you want, don't join up. No need to feel any pressure, joining the Special Forces isn't everyone's cup of tea. Heck, becoming a soldier isn't everyone's cup of tea. So if you decide otherwise, don't think any less of yourself for it.

Aspirant847

Country flag
You won't enjoy SF life.

Its good for films and this is the reason i didn't join.

Its a lot of struggle plus people who want to study and explore the world are not suitable for SF job.(my case)
Do you feel anything about it now?

I like the thought of living the army life man, you're away from all the bustle of the cities in your own little world with men you can die for, what else does a man want but still there comes that little doubt in your mind

Aspirant847

Country flag
I am only going to say one thing: Whatever you do, don't join the Forces until you are able to overcome this barrier. Until you can make the conscious decision to give up the fat paychecks and civil life on your own, you are bound to get weeded out in the probation for Special Forces after you've already joined up in the Forces. And then you'll not be able to become either of these things you want to be right now. Special Forces means that you are mentally tough. So test it out now. And unless you are absolutely sure that SF is what you want, don't join up. No need to feel any pressure, joining the Special Forces isn't everyone's cup of tea. Heck, becoming a soldier isn't everyone's cup of tea. So if you decide otherwise, don't think any less of yourself for it.
thanks man

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Do you feel anything about it now?

I like the thought of living the army life man, you're away from all the bustle of the cities in your own little world with men you can die for, what else does a man want but still there comes that little doubt in your mind
If the thought also comes in your mind that you want pussy,pay and party dont join SF.

Rest is your choice bro.

Perhaps,try joining some other arm like AD,Arty etc if you are good with studies..Then you will see limited action in RR and peace posting fun aswell.

But if you think you can live like Bear Grylls for 15 years all the best..but those fun thoughts shouldnt come in your mind then.

12arya

Country flag
Who conducts unconventional warfare in Kashmir? SSG. These are the guys that give us the most trouble. They train terrorists in pak. Infiltrate into India. Recruit and train here.

Say what you will about NVGs, but from a strategic perspective, none of our forces, save for RAW's CITs, come anywhere close to their capabilities or countering them. Working in conjunction with ISI, they are the greatest threat to internal security here.
Also, add internal enemies such as highly motivated communists/naxals who absolutely hate the crap of their own nation and keeps ideology above nation, it complicates our situation further. our democracy is also an excuse to not take tough actions on these groups; most democracies has these challenges but we r surrounded by military regimes, we need to take action as per the type of the enemy we r dealing with.

12arya

Country flag
If he wasnt a average marine he would have said so, i am not saying the school is bad, i am saying the chances of an average marine seeing this kind of special training and being amazed is high.
I assumed that Marines trained in all sort of environs! So wen he said he nvr saw such a terrain or such training, i was very surprised. I thought training in all terrains was the norm for them.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

rkhanna

Country flag

rkhanna

Country flag
Acc to you guys, what extra equipment our SF guys need as of now ?
It's not just equipment it's also training infra

1) new Gen engrypted multi channel communications + mobile repeaters so we can learn to oeprator under ground - with this all the bells for hands free comms and milapsc headsets

2) latest Gen NVGs and other Night capable Optics with videos that can be pipped throughout the unit + C&C
- no point building a night fighting capabilities without supressors - including heavy weapons

3) modern combat medicine and a combat medic schhol outside of limited first aid

4) an actual sniper school

5) latest Gen and types of breaching equipment

6) body armour and load baring vests thst actually increase efficiency - none of those loose mag pouches that bang around when they run

7) aviation assets dedicated and cross trained across deployment senarios including overseas.
8) inegrated even if limited ISR and intelligence arms - an ability to do area prepping before SOF insertion

9) make all of them computer savvy and have a working knowhow to to SSE if digital stuff

10) new age infil and exfil tech including GPs guideded parachutes

11) out scuba equipment is also hella old

But first and foremost. We need to train out Army HQ to understand what SOF means. Everything else follows naturally

rkhanna

Country flag
its becoming more clear now that 9 Para SF led by its CO surprised the Chinese and captured some tactically advantageous positions North of Finger 4 last August despite their "inferior" equipment and "archaic" tactics :)
Didn't understand.

Knowning what the Chinese were doing was Intel. Taking a command decision to run up the mountain first was done by the local Area CO.

A whole host of units in India could have done that
(PS my understanding was that the SFF was the primary mover up their)

This is basic soldiering centered around physical fitness, mountaineering training and acclimatization. Which by now I would expect the bulk of the Indian army to be better than the Chinese at.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
It's not just equipment it's also training infra

1) new Gen engrypted multi channel communications + mobile repeaters so we can learn to oeprator under ground - with this all the bells for hands free comms and milapsc headsets

2) latest Gen NVGs and other Night capable Optics with videos that can be pipped throughout the unit + C&C
- no point building a night fighting capabilities without supressors - including heavy weapons

3) modern combat medicine and a combat medic schhol outside of limited first aid

4) an actual sniper school

5) latest Gen and types of breaching equipment

6) body armour and load baring vests thst actually increase efficiency - none of those loose mag pouches that bang around when they run

7) aviation assets dedicated and cross trained across deployment senarios including overseas.
8) inegrated even if limited ISR and intelligence arms - an ability to do area prepping before SOF insertion

9) make all of them computer savvy and have a working knowhow to to SSE if digital stuff

10) new age infil and exfil tech including GPs guideded parachutes

11) out scuba equipment is also hella old

But first and foremost. We need to train out Army HQ to understand what SOF means. Everything else follows naturally
Buddy before this wonderful list you mentioned we need education class for IA.

Otherwise not only will this list not come ..they wont be able to use it fully aswell.

JBH22

Th
he is a average Marine what do you expect?
He is also reacting to an indian video to please an indian audience.
These guys have figured a good way to mint views, just say vow Indian.
Crazy how we give undue importance to any goras

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
8500 crore worth of Tanks ordered.

This amount would equip all SF battalions to top level equipment.

If we were poor i wouldn't criticise..but the problem is we dumb bro.:rofl:
old open loops have to be closed too.

if you notice, modi govt are essentially going in a first come first serve basis, in some cases some of these files are 20-30 years old like Tejas and Tibet border infrastructure

Global Defence

New threads

Articles