Indian Special Forces

Phantom sierra

Country flag
Nope there is no evidence that we are better physically or mentally atleast in terms of special forces.
I would say they are far better than us overall.
They are better than us with regard to structure, utilization and equipment but i would give para sf a fair chance when it comes to the physical and mental aspects and it has to do largely with The kind of terrain they operate in. In knee deep snow these guys are caring anywhere between 40-60 kgs on their backs and RUNNING in such conditions where even walking is a huge task.they run a 100 kms during probation, I have never heard abt American special operations trainees take on such a huge route march. The simple truth is that when u lack in equipment u make it up by being mentally and physically tougher, Otherwise how would a commando who has fallen down a nalla be successful in eliminating a terrorist in point blank range allegedly using hand to hand combat?

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
RR is not capable of clearing and securing a house ?
Army doesn't play cod they don't want unwanted casualties they will only CLR if it's high value target otherwise ghar uda do terrorist can set up trigger wire or blow himself. Rahi bat agar tum compare karo US Marines se zayatar they blow the house by f16 .

ManhattanProject

Country flag
They are better than us with regard to structure, utilization and equipment but i would give para sf a fair chance when it comes to the physical and mental aspects and it has to do largely with The kind of terrain they operate in. In knee deep snow these guys are caring anywhere between 40-60 kgs on their backs and RUNNING in such conditions where even walking is a huge task.they run a 100 kms during probation, I have never heard abt American special operations trainees take on such a huge route march. The simple truth is that when u lack in equipment u make it up by being mentally and physically tougher, Otherwise how would a commando who has fallen down a nalla be successful in eliminating a terrorist in point blank range allegedly using hand to hand combat?
i never said we are inferior to them in the physical aspect, i said there is no evidence that we are better than them. We might match them in terms of physicality but in overall capability we dont even come close. They have much better resources available to them, atleast the arms forces respect and equip them properly.

Phantom sierra

Country flag
i never said we are inferior to them in the physical aspect, i said there is no evidence that we are better than them. We might match them in terms of physicality but in overall capability we dont even come close. They have much better resources available to them, atleast the arms forces respect and equip them properly.
Agree with your statement here, I just meant to clarify that we may not be up there equipment wise but physically and mentally we are quite good but however operational effectiveness is determined by both these factors....

sorcerer

Country flag
Tonbo bags multi-million-dollar deal for indigenising Indian missiles

“We signed up with BDL to supply the EO-IR (electro-optical-infrared) seeker and command launcher unit (CLU) that controls and launches the missile and engages with the target before launch,” said Ankit Kumar, co-founder at Tonbo Imaging. “We along with BDL are integrating the CLU and seeker with their missile and BDL will supply the end system to the Army.”

Killbot

Country flag
They look tacticool, but most of their stuff is not practical. Especially the black battle dress in a desert (they may be urban QRT, ballistic shield and all). Their guns don't have optics on them, except the ballistic shield guy. Still use a Chinese RPG copy. OK, but nowhere close to Carl Gustaf. All of them don't even have radios. Only one does from what I can see. Stuff like gloves and kneepads are ok, but you know, for show. Never seen those used in combat. Here or in Pakistan.

One thing I liked was the colt commando. 11.5" AR-15. Wish Para SF would adopt it. Or the CAR-816. Their plate carriers are also good.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
People are taking it too seriously man, it was just a joke. We don't have very pure water so we have much better tolerance than them. Men will less technical advantages have to make it up by being better physically and mentally
Better oxygen..better water and better diet which are key to physical superiority so i dont see how we would be physically superior in any case unless the case is WE ARE INDIANS.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
When you got a Ferrari would you take your date ln a cycle to prove your fitness?

And every country has their share of nallah encounters.

Aspirant847

Country flag
What do you mean 'much better tolerance'?? If the water is contaminated an Indian will fall sick just like an American. Only difference is, we don't have enough hospitals to treat him, so he'll die. The American won't die because he'll get proper treatment on time. Also, pure water 😆🤣.

Men with 'less technical advantages' will only be at higher risk in battle, no matter how much 'better physically and mentally' they are. This "we gotta be like Rambo" mindset will be the ruin of our special forces..

No matter how well trained our guys are physically, it won't matter if they don't have the equipment they need.
Well we are not talking about contaminated water, we are talking about normal Indian water and yeah we have better tolerance, and equipment isn't everything man

Aspirant847

Country flag
Nope there is no evidence that we are better physically or mentally atleast in terms of special forces.
I would say they are far better than us overall.
Don't we win many international competitions or something? and yeah we're a relatively young nation

Killbot

Country flag
Well we are not talking about contaminated water, we are talking about normal Indian water and yeah we have better tolerance, and equipment isn't everything man
Scientific evidence please.. Believe me, we don't have better tolerance.. I know multiple people whove died from Typhoid.

Equipment (broad term, I'm including support capability here) along with training (technical skills, trade craft and physical training, in that order of precedence) is everything.

Thats all on this topic from me.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles