Indian Special Forces

Gessler

Country flag
Shubh Arambh kar raha hoon mitron
View attachment 70755
10 PARA SF
Interesting - going by the design of the shoulder straps it appears to be either a Crye Precision JPC or rather an equivalent.

Reason I say some equivalent is because original Crye JPC in Coyote tan doesn't come with black shoulder straps. So most likely a copy of JPC from some other supplier.
Okay so I was doing something else and came across something that brought me back to this discussed all the way in Page 1.

So this vest used by our guys could very well be a first-generation Crye JPC, not necessarily a knock-off from some other supplier. The 1st Gen JPC does indeed come with black-coloured shoulder straps. It's only the newer JPC 2.0 which does not. The 2.0 is the only one currently being sold by Crye so I assumed accordingly.

VM-10397_1.jpg

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
This is what our Special Forces need right now...

View attachment 77688
I don't think those quadtubes are proper ones you would see with spec op operators from around the world..
Screenshot_20210210-172919~2.png

PNVGs are basically a set of bino dual tubes with an additional monocular on either side of the inboard tubes. You can actually do this to mimic the effect of PNVGs but it is not the same.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Apart from special forces regiment, India also lacks proper airborne regiment. We only have 50th independent para brigade ( army HQ reserve) and few other para(airborne) battalions.
IMHO our airborne regiment should be developed into atleast 5-6 brigades, each with infantry, 122 mm mbrl, 105mm towed artillery, manpads, as well as 105mm light tanks and ifv( which can be refubrished bmp2s, when army moves to ficv) and lastly transport aircrafts and helicopters . Our goal should be to create a rapid deployment force(ability to deploy in 72 hours), similar to airborne regiments of Russia or China. This will hold territory when dropped behind enemy lines and link up with advancing convention forces.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Apart from special forces regiment, India also lacks proper airborne regiment. We only have 50th independent para brigade ( army HQ reserve) and few other para(airborne) battalions.
IMHO our airborne regiment should be developed into atleast 5-6 brigades, each with infantry, 122 mm mbrl, 105mm towed artillery, manpads, as well as 105mm light tanks and ifv( which can be refubrished bmp2s, when army moves to ficv) and lastly transport aircrafts and helicopters . Our goal should be to create a rapid deployment force(ability to deploy in 72 hours), similar to airborne regiments of Russia or China. This will hold territory when dropped behind enemy lines and link up with advancing convention forces.
5-6 brigades is a huge ask. For starters, we need to create 3 Para brigades. 50th Para Brigade is already there. We can re-raise 77th Para Brigade and a third new para brigade. These three brigades along with President's Bodyguard and a para artillery brigade can be used to re-raise the 44th Airborne Division.

For this, we'll need to raise four more Para Airborne Battalions and one more Para Artillery Regiment. Everything else is already there. But with the current manpower restraints, even this is a tough thing to achieve.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles