Indian Special Forces

12arya

Country flag
If your father is as good as you say his was, the pressure of being perfect is immense, he probably felt he lost respect in the eyes of his father or something.
yup probably. col. mathew jacob VSM was his father i believe.
ya but his brother didn't joined army he did and not just that, he was selected for SF which is no small thing. many of the veteran's kids don't even clear SSB or has no interest in military. yet vivek sir joined and also qualified for 9, a legendary unit which is extraordinary! may be the standards he set for himself is very high!

also why would he need to take up responsibility early in life if all was good? I think he meant the family was not doing good financially
ya don't know y. i think in old times, the pay for military was quite low, may be that's y.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
yup probably. col. mathew jacob VSM was his father i believe.
ya but his brother didn't joined army he did and not just that, he was selected for SF which is no small thing. many of the veteran's kids don't even clear SSB or has no interest in military. yet vivek sir joined and also qualified for 9, a legendary unit which is extraordinary! may be the standards he set for himself is very high!

ya don't know y. i think in old times, the pay for military was quite low, may be that's y.
Watch the video again where he says, he dont have any idea about para or SF until when they got some friendly war games in NDA where they had to clear imaginary foes in the hill above where vivek just thought aboit why not drop some men from plane instead of going from down. The story is something like that. How come son of a SF veteran doesnt know about Paraintil his Nda days?
Just my thoughts after seeing both of your conversation for last couple of days.
May be you are right if your sources are authentic. I just recollected something which he said in one interview.

12arya

Country flag
Guys, a bit out of topic, but can someone explain the need of seperating out SF from para Regt. ? (In depth answer reqd.) Y'all can DM on instagram too (@specialforces_global)
in my very humble opinion, no other country's SF is yoked with airborne regiments!

for expert advice go thru these links and also follow Lt Gen Prakash C Katoch's articles and books. he is highly decorated, brilliant and most vocal too abt separating SF from parachute regiment.

(from @23:15)

this book is a must read, if u haven't already!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles