Indian Special Forces

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
I mean they still don't see a reason to separate the SF from the parachute regiment even though it's obvious to even a layman
The fault here lies more with IA rather than the govt. The IA leadership and the politics from top generals in the para regt do not want a separate SF regt. Lots of links in this thread (archived one) previously have discussed on this.

There is a world of difference between 'properly dressed' and 'properly equipped'. We're asking for the latter.
BTW in this pic the operator is a bit better equipped than the usual Para SF pics we've seen before.
And off topic, I see that most of us bharatiyas don't seem to read/communicate properly and jump to conclusions and think emotionally too much rather than rationally/logically and accept the truth.

Gessler

Country flag
So I keep hearing that SSS defence just locally assembles rifle parts acquired from foreign vendors. Any sources??
If that were true, then the people making such allegations should have no trouble furnishing us with the details regarding which foreign product is it that SSS is assembling?

It's true that some of the peripheral equipment seen on SSS weapons (like stocks etc.) are off-the-shelf/imported for the time being.

But there is genuine R&D behind the weapons themselves. We can personally bear witness to design evolution taking place in the sniper platforms (already seen 2-3 iterations in public domain), which wouldn't be the case if it's a ready-made kit. But currently the more technically demanding components like barrel & BCG are fabricated in the US on contract basis with workshops there. It would be foolish to tie up huge money in local facilities at this stage - with there being no assurance of orders from MoD/MHA.

FalconZero

Country flag
So I keep hearing that SSS defence just locally assembles rifle parts acquired from foreign vendors. Any sources??
If that were true, then the people making such allegations should have no trouble furnishing us with the details regarding which foreign product is it that SSS is assembling?

It's true that some of the peripheral equipment seen on SSS weapons (like stocks etc.) are off-the-shelf/imported for the time being.

But there is genuine R&D behind the weapons themselves. We can personally bear witness to design evolution taking place in the sniper platforms (already seen 2-3 iterations in public domain), which wouldn't be the case if it's a ready-made kit. But currently the more technically demanding components like barrel & BCG are fabricated in the US on contract basis with workshops there. It would be foolish to tie up huge money in local facilities at this stage - with there being no assurance of orders from MoD/MHA.
Few members here tried that, you can read through this thread (12 or so pages)

Killbot

Country flag
They either copy or straight up use parts from various other companies. Which I have no issue with as their designs seem pretty unique.

Not that I'd have a problem even if they bit the bullet and copied a design either, as long as it works. Case in point CZ BREN. Its a cheap copy of SCAR.

Articles