Indian Special Forces

Killbot

Country flag
Just saw it. It really great man! Might end up watching the whole movie now.
Watch 12 Strong and Zero Dark Thirty as well. Make for amazing watches. Check out the sequel, Sicario: Day of the Soldado as well. Not as good as the original but worth a watch. And Act of Valor. One of the most realistic movies out there, from a tactical standpoint. But plot is not so good. Actors were all SEAL reserve members btw.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Watch 12 Strong and Zero Dark Thirty as well. Make for amazing watches. Check out the sequel, Sicario: Day of the Soldado as well. Not as good as the original but worth a watch. And Act of Valor. One of the most realistic movies out there, from a tactical standpoint. But plot is not so good. Actors were all SEAL reserve members btw.
Zee media deleted the strike scenes of Uri after a few months idk why.
Avrodh was a total mess. The reason I am unhappy with Avrodh is not because of such silly mistakes being done in it because of being a low budget web series but because the directors and filmmakers made such mistakes in the presence of Major Mohommad Ali Shah who is a retired Major in Indian Army and an actor. Having an ex soldier in your series as an actor and yet in his presence such shitty equipment, shitty way of operating, shitty uniform discipline and what not. The whole webseries was feeling cringy as the room intervention drill may look professional to 3 year olds but was shitty as well.

abingdonboy

Country flag
And inaccurate. Not too ergonomic either. X-95 is ergonomic and sleek, but still not accurate.
Inaccurate? Never heard used to describe the Tavor, it is actually an incredibly accurate rifle thanks to the bullpup design and it is well balanced with a near perfect weight distribution

The Tavor was developed to replace the IDF’s M16/M4 inventory so they took all the strong points of that system and carried it over

I agree it’s on the bulkier side and probably not the finest choice for CQB or airborne (para jump) ops but as an assault rifle it is a fine choice

a 16 inch barrel in the body length of a short barrel M4 is a very useful thing to have when you need it

Killbot

Country flag
Inaccurate? Never heard used to describe the Tavor, it is actually an incredibly accurate rifle thanks to the bullpup design and it is well balanced with a near perfect weight distribution

The Tavor was developed to replace the IDF’s M16/M4 inventory so they took all the strong points of that system and carried it over

I agree it’s on the bulkier side and probably not the finest choice for CQB or airborne (para jump) ops but as an assault rifle it is a fine choice

a 16 inch barrel in the body length of a short barrel M4 is a very useful thing to have when you need it
Nope, it is a 3-4 MOA gun. Largely due to how the piston and firing mechanism is stacked up against the barrel and the fact that it is a fairly unpleasant trigger pull. Barrel length is not the only criterion for accuracy. That is why the IDF replaced Tavors with X-95 and even the initial batch of X-95s. They added a 15" barrel and a competition grade trigger to improve accuracy of the X-95 platform to sub 3 MOA.

Tavor-7, on the other hand is slightly more accurate, due to the use of short stroke piston instead of long stroke piston like on the AK. But it is still a 2-3 MOA gun, largely due to the trigger pull.

M4s still see widespread service in IDF. Tens of thousands still with frontline units. Tavor replaced existing Galils and M16s. Some M16s are still used in DMR role.

Also, I don't mean to nitpick, but Tavor comes with 13.5" barrel, 18.3" barrel and 18.5" barrel. No 16". X-95 comes in 13", 15" and 16" (civilian market).

Last edited:

Killbot

Country flag
I don't think so 😔 if you are talking about ak I will be on your side but not for tavor
AK is much less 'bulky' than Tavor. On a side note, I believe that the best gun Para SF has in their inventory is M4.

They (Tavors) are uncomfortable due to the fact that the mag release is awkward, they are a bit butt heavy and tge fact that being a bullpup, they are not very well suited for CQB.

Articles