Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Not always possible to aim and shoot someone when you are jumped at unpredictably in CQB. Good luck getting to the long gun when it has been pinned against you and you have been pinned against a wall or some shit. A knife is the only tool that allows for a counterattack and to create distance to get the primary or secondary firearm working.

Since a lot of people here look to the US Special Ops personnel to get validation on everything, I would encourage them to look at the SOCP Knife and SOCP Combatives program centered around the very same concept I talk about here.
I will give you a simple solution called a "sidearm".

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I will give you a simple solution called a "sidearm".
I do agree , pulling out a pistol and drilling some holes into tangos while pressing it against his guts is a simpler technique. No matter what level plate is hugging your chest , penetration at point black is inevitable. Hell , the trauma itself would knock the bogey out even if it scratches your armor

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I do agree , pulling out a pistol and drilling some holes into tangos while pressing it against his guts is a simpler technique. No matter what level plate is hugging your chest , penetration at point black is inevitable. Hell , the trauma itself would knock the bogey out even if it scratches your armor
If you have already lost you primary your secondary and now you are down to a knife you have fucked up my friend. You are in a bad situation.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Then , the closest option would be 5 things
1. The most important factor - luck
2. just like pillow fights, grab whatever you can and bonk the shit out of the enemies exposed points ; face , body armor openings , neck , feet , hands , limbs
3. Trust your parters and he'll neutralize the threat into a body bag with his weapons
4. Trust on your skillset over hand-hand and dagger handing
5- think about your achievements and family for the last time

I'm no one to advice a military operator , on their survival skills and fighting skills , its just my own take

SGOperative

Country flag
He means to say MARCOS have done something similar.
Marcos have done op apache like op :devil:

SGOperative

Country flag
MARCOS are fast becoming a modern SF unit which is operator focused. Para SF will become operator focused once Taliban units with ATN thermal sight equipped M16A4s start appearing in J&K.
imo we will see Ghataks progress very fast till then AFSOD might get operational and some fast pace improvements for Para SF then. Just my take.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
imo we will see Ghataks progress very fast till then AFSOD might get operational and some fast pace improvements for Para SF then. Just my take.
IMO , as our infantry and SF are seeing more conventional CI/CT or COINs , the ghataks are given more priority as part of Infantry modernization and hence their skills are polished for spearheading assaults in CT ops or tactically neutralizing common CT threats and conducting a more higher number of conventional raids . But SOF is also used for makeshift ghatak activities, while ghatak slowly develops , since SF possess comparatively higher skills in such ops . As soon as the IBGs and infantry modernisation will be finished , the Ghataks will be handed over the SOPs of the current SF . While SF goes into a re-organisational state of cocoon , slowly moulding itself , and then comes out in its new form in 3-4 years

SGOperative

Country flag
IMO , as our infantry and SF are seeing more conventional CI/CT or COINs , the ghataks are given more priority as part of Infantry modernization and hence their skills are polished for spearheading assaults in CT ops or tactically neutralizing common CT threats and conducting a more higher number of conventional raids . But SOF is also used for makeshift ghatak activities, while ghatak slowly develops , since SF possess comparatively higher skills in such ops . As soon as the IBGs and infantry modernisation will be finished , the Ghataks will be handed over the SOPs of the current SF . While SF goes into a re-organisational state of cocoon , slowly moulding itself , and then comes out in its new form in 3-4 years
Thats same idea i have got and which looks perfectly fine to me tbh.

Global Defence

Articles