Indian Special Forces

armyofhind

Country flag
I will give you a simple solution called a "sidearm".
Why didn't I or the Green Berets think of that when implementing the SOCP Combatives as SOP?

Why did they commission the design of a knife especially?

If you're jumped by someone intent on killing you from the side you keep your sidearm at, good luck getting to it.
If you have ever wrestled or been in a scuffle, you'll get what I'm saying.

Someone here asked about battle buddies, your battle buddy won't shoot at a tango entangled with you.. the risks are far too many.
They will have to come and pull or takedown the tango physically. Till that time if you haven't fought back yourself and the other guy had a blade possibly, at the very least, you've got holes in you.
Inside of arm range, a knife is the only lethal option.

Special Forces around the world are the pinnacle of efficiency. If they don't see value in something, they wouldn't spend time, effort and money training in it and perfecting it.

Another country with extremely effective and reputed SF. Watch from 4:10.

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
They look weird tbh, anyway the gears were left there by US and ANA
Our SF units haven't fought against other SF units in a long time (BAT teams are equal to GHATAK units).

After Syria, Russian units went from this :

To this :

A lot of Talibunnies will go to Syria for 'qualification' on their newly procured gear.

SGOperative

Country flag
Why didn't I or the Green Berets think of that when implementing the SOCP Combatives as SOP?

Why did they commission the design of a knife especially?

If you're jumped by someone intent on killing you from the side you keep your sidearm at, good luck getting to it.
If you have ever wrestled or been in a scuffle, you'll get what I'm saying.

Someone here asked about battle buddies, your battle buddy won't shoot at a tango entangled with you.. the risks are far too many.
They will have to come and pull or takedown the tango physically. Till that time if you haven't fought back yourself and the other guy had a blade possibly, at the very least, you've got holes in you.
Inside of arm range, a knife is the only lethal option.
Leave the discussion of it, you guys are just reading too much into it.

SGOperative

Country flag
Our SF units haven't fought against other SF units in a long time (BAT teams are equal to GHATAK units).

After Syria, Russian units went from this :

To this :

Neither did USA in long time except ISIS toororist and Talibums, SF dont go for 1 to 1 fight lol. And BATs are usually engaged by Regular infantry units present on LOC and BATs contain a mix of SSG and Toororist who go for training in Paki SF centers if i find the video i will share where a PAF officer was talking with SSW and was talking about BAT training there.

SGOperative

Country flag
Nah, I can have a logical discussion. That's what a forum is for.
You guys are fighting and the discussion does not seem logical to me, except silencing the sentry why would you use your knife ofc one would get training for all situations but most probably you would use your Hand to hand combat training and distance yourself from enemy to either take out your secondary or allow the buddy to take clear shot.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
It's an old joke from around page 300-400 of this thread , cant remember the full form . Basically Para SF eats porks and talibans and scavenges on their loot just like we scavenge type 56s from body bags
Distributed.Encounter.Resource.Procurement, DERP
This is Why we have lot of Type 56 AKs and shiiet

armyofhind

Country flag
You guys are fighting and the discussion does not seem logical to me, except silencing the sentry why would you use your knife ofc one would get training for all situations but most probably you would use your Hand to hand combat training and distance yourself from enemy to either take out your secondary or allow the buddy to take clear shot.
Go back and read my earlier posts on the same.

Articles